Derby County v West Bromwich Albion

CumbrianRam

PAUL Coutts will miss Derby County’s final friendly of pre-season today.

The midfielder has a slight groin problem and will not be risked when West Bromwich Albion visit Pride Park Stadium (3pm).

Coutts also sat out Tuesday’s victory over

“He felt some tightness at the end of training on Monday and so we are inclined not to risk him,” said manager Nigel Clough.

“If it was a League match, there would be a chance he would be out there playing.

“We think he will fine for the opening League game against Blackburn Rovers.”

Fellow midfielder Craig Bryson has trained this week and is fit to face West Brom, who finished eighth in the Premier League.

Bryson missed the game at Burton with a minor strain.

The sale of John Brayford to Cardiff City means Kieron Freeman will start at right-back today.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-risk-Paul-Coutts-West-Bromwich/story-19576191-detail/story.html

Tbh I think they should risk him.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever the outcome or team we put out I hope we play well and win. :)

It's my girls first game today and hope it goes better than my lads against fester,we were awful didn't score and hence he gone to the dark side :angry:

Anybody know if this is on RD online? They usually dont play the league games online due to Rams player rights or something i think, but this game isnt on player. Stuck at work....

Radio Derby are covering the full match

Steve Nicholson @SNicholsonDT 7m

I believe #dcfc will go 4-4-2 with either Bryson or Hendrick on the right. Clough said 4-3-3 did not work at Burton on Tuesday #dcfcfans

FFS.

What about Bryson not working out wide all of last season? Short memory.

I understand Coutts will play next week... but surely more worthwhile to play Jacobs.

Archived