Derby County v West Bromwich Albion

CumbrianRam

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Approximately 100% of the people who have seen this photo looked at that birds rear end before they looked at the velodrome.

Its a long haired bloke.

You know exactly what he meant Bris. Your statement of us being too negative is not borne out by the people who were there.

Hold back on the blatant wumming fella, its getting a little tedious now.

I didn't go, I heard about 70mins of it on the radio, i've spoke to a chap who went and its nice to read others opinions on here as well. My reaction from all that is to deduce it was a reasonable performance against decent opposition.

What evidence did you base your opinion on?

"http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/members/1/840/839613/thumb_620x2000/meme-troll_00276428" alt="meme-troll_00276428">

Approximately 100% of the people who have seen this photo looked at that birds rear end before they looked at the velodrome.

you don't know how true that is !!.. :lol:

Its a long haired bloke.

i can assure you , it was 100% female..

Well.........from mexico it is.

Bris'd find fault with it..

I'm a negative buggar; didn't go for but have heard we played well, and looks promising for next year.

Good enough for me, season about to start and why not be optimistic, it's what being a fan is about really :-)

Wasn't impressed by either team today if I'm honest, both had spells of possession throughout defence and midfield but neither team showed any real promise going forward. The difference between the two teams today was their defensive midfielder I thought, he sat back and broke most of our forward play up today, when Russell/Hendrick/other had one two many touches he pounced and won it back every time. 

We looked abit of a mess in midfield at times I thought, their first goal highlighting the shape (or lack of!) being all over the place. Hughes seemed to be wandering around randomly, Bryson having to chase 2 WBA midfielders and Hendrick not knowing whether to stay out wide or come inside.We afforded their midfielders too much time and we knew what Dorrans could do before today from 30 yards without inviting him to have a free pop. 

I spoke about Forsyth's lack of pace in the Forsyth-Moxey thread and it's showing up already, he's just too slow on the turn and I expect us to concede a few more from that sort of position this year. He played pretty well otherwise.

As I said in an earlier post, Martin was the standout for me, looks twice the player that was on loan last year. Russell had all the best intentions but it just didn't happen for him today. Grant looked reassuring, glad to have him back. 

I'd of liked to have seen Jacobs given more time as I would like him to be starting next week. (Might be alone there). Nige tried Will and Bryson on the right in the second half and none of the combo's worked. He's either got to drop one of the 3 or go with 3 in midfield IMO. I also thought Ben Davies did well with his 15 minutes too, glad he's signed on again as he's a good squad player. 

The important thing is to focus on next week now, I'm sure we'll see a better performance against poorer opposition. 

However should he have been closed down by the midfield in front? I didn't go so i wouldn't be able to comment

I'll have to watch it again but it looked like he was behind our midfield, still carried it 15/20 yards and then got his shot away. Wasn't the best show of defending from both midfield and defence. 

Didn't go today and haven't watched any highlights so can't comment on the performance but have to say I didn't feel confident when I saw the line-up with Hendrick out on the wing. I just don't think it suits his best attributes at all.

On a related note, I was wondering if Jacobs has played right mid before? I don't remember ever seeing him there for us and I wondered if he'd be worth a shot. 

My mates brother in law, told me, Derby were putting some nice passing moves together and HUghes and Hendrick were sharing the RM responsibility.

Said WBA weren't that much better than us, Anelka was class and Russell wasn't really involved all that much. Now't to worry about.

Roll on next sunday, shall be in Newquay with a pint in my hand in a sports bar somewhere, hopefully!

My biggest gripe with dorrans goal and other occasions is when opposing players are running at our goal our defenders retreat. Surely we should press the ball? I'm not saying dive in but dorrans had a fair bit of time if I remember correctly. Just a thought for cloughie and the boys

Archived