Didn't really fall right for Russell

Hughes wasn't on it

Freeman did well

Bavies was good at RB

Grant stopped well

Sammon was unlucky

As was Jacobs

Martin held it up well

All in my rubbish footballing opinion mind.

Bring on the Blackburn.

Frustratingly poor performance overall. Five or six really good moves over the course of the game but no end product. Never ever play Hendrick wide again.

Poor games:

Freeman (defensively absent on many occasions, poor positioning)

Hendrick

Ward

Hughes

Good games

Grant

Martin

Keogh

Davies off bench

Sammon off bench

Everyone else average

Evening all, Baggie in peace. I don't understand the negativity, we finished 8th last season and drew 5 all with Man Utd in Ferguson's last game. It was only a friendly. From the twitter feed you had chances 

Not really negative, just a realisation of where we are..

Evening all, Baggie in peace. I don't understand the negativity, we finished 8th last season and drew 5 all with Man Utd in Ferguson's last game. It was only a friendly. From the twitter feed you had chances

You're not alone, give it an hour till those who went to the game come back and you might see some different opinions.

Grant ok........6

Freeman ......offers little........5

Forsyth.........hit and miss 6

Keogh...........battled 6

Bucko...........ok ish 5.5

Hughes.........busy but caught in possession quite a bit 6.5

Hendrick........ran about 6

Bryson ..........see above 6

Martin..........strong...did ok 6.5

Russell........needs to get fitter...good effort 6

Ward............not really in the groove.....6

Davies........much much better than freeman.....6.5

With all three midfielders pushing up, and hughes with more license to go forward, west brom found space to play in frontof the back four.

Anelka dropping deep was man of the match.

Morrison, dorrans, brunt, ridgewell all played well.

Not really negative, just a realisation of where we are..

Nothing wrong with reality. They are a Premiership team, we aren't.

I don't think the fact that they won will come as a shock to too many people.

There's s a very long way to go before we become Premiership standard. I don't think that will come as a shock to many either.

Thoughts on game, in desperate need of a centre half, bucko ain't good enough, everything coming down middle, Hendrick looked a bit jaded, Wardy didn't seem bothered, Bryson and Martin played well, I would start Eustace on Sunday, need a bit of steel in midfield.

NOTHING came down the middle. The first goal was a 30 yard stunner, and the second goal came when a ball inside the full back was cut back. Just about all of West Brom's threatening moves came from overloading the full backs.

Also Sammon did more in 10 minutes than Martin did in 90.

Anelka was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch - absolutely oozes class and works hard too.

Just got back from the game. First of all, for the most part of the match, they looked no better than us. If you weren't aware of which team was which, you wouldn't have been able to tell who was the Premier League team and who was the Championship team. The only difference was that West Brom put away their chances without playing too well, whereas we put them straight into the goalie's arms (seriously, like 5 shots just rolled to him).

The first goal was a wonder strike. Didn't close Dorrans down (again!) and, out of the blue, straight in. Unfair to blame Grant as he wouldn't have got it, I barely saw it tbh. Like a flash.

Second was terrible and entirely Forsyth's fault. Their RM got past him way too easily, no dummy, no juke, just ran straight past him. Forsyth knew as well because he lay face down on the pitch for like a minute after.

Individual ratings:

Grant 7 - Really impressed me. Looked confident, couple of decent saves, not really at fault for the goals.

Freeman 6 - Really solid in the first half, won battles in the air and made quite a few interceptions. Put in a few Brayford-esque balls too that should have been capitalised on. Disappeared in the second half and Clough screamed at him loads.

Keogh 8 - Imperious. Really solid display. Won everything in the air, couple of last ditch slide tackles, very vocal too.

Buxton 4 - Opposite of Keogh. Won nothing in the air and his lack of pace was on show for all to see.

Forsyth 5 - Solid for the most part. Would probably have given him 6 but defending for the second goal was atrocious.

Hendrick 5 - Very quiet and when he did get the ball, usually lost it.

Hughes 6 - Very good in the first half, simple passes and good control all the time, classic Hughes. Second half, really bad. Seemed scared to tackle Mulumbu and wayward passes all the time.

Ward 5 - Couldn't have been more hit and miss. Looked bright on the ball but lost it more times than he did something with it. Looked disinterested at times.

Russell 6 - Off day for him. Again looked sharp on the ball, a couple of half chances but nothing more.

Martin 7 - Really impressed me today. I was watching him a lot and the guy is unbelievably strong. Won 90% of everything in the air and some of his touches were quality. Linked up well with Russell and he pulled off a beautiful little back heel to Sammon near the end. Apart from that, very quiet in the second half. Hilarious moment too when Mulumbu ran into him whilst he was standing still. Martin didn't even flinch and Mulumbu literally bounced straight off of him. Couldn't stop laughing.

Sammon 6 - Did alright. Injected a little bit of energy and fashioned a couple of decent chances, most notably for Jacobs in the last few minutes.

Jacobs 4 - Didn't really do anything. Missed a glorious chance at the end (think it was Jacobs, might have been Davies actually).

Davies 4 - Can't remember him doing anything, unless that chance was actually him. Should have scored if that was the case.

You're not alone, give it an hour till those who went to the game come back and you might see some different opinions.

One thing that did annoy me was listening to is it Ramage? butcher Lukaku's name for an hour only for the feed to block and Free radio wasn't carrying the game. Oh well :D  

Could have played until next week and still not muster up a good opportunity

No creativity

Only ever look like scoring scrappy from corners

Too negative again

None of that is right tbh.

We were positive all game but lacked that bit of something special to carve open many chances.

Reid was a dirty b@stard by the way.....with a smack into the back of Russell's head.

Hey? 2nd wasn't a ball inside the fullback, it was their guy both outmuscling and outrunning Forsyth before pulling it back.

Yeah, that's true.

The ball inside which had him floundering was about 5 minutes before that.

NOTHING came down the middle. The first goal was a 30 yard stunner, and the second goal came when a ball inside the full back was cut back. Just about all of West Brom's threatening moves came from overloading the full backs.

Also Sammon did more in 10 minutes than Martin did in 90.

Anelka was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch - absolutely oozes class and works hard too.

loads came down the middle, every time the ball was in the air we got beaten time and time again, bucko is not good enough, keogh carried him, the amount of times over the shoulder we git caught out today was unreal, the goals I agree came from different areas but it felt like same old same old again, ball over the top and we panic

Archived