Radio Derby - Davies out, Ramage in

Day

@johnrvicars: Ex Ram Roger Davies will still be at Pride Park on match days next season even though he won't be on the radio doing the match analysis...

@johnrvicars: ..look forward to hearing his replacement Craig Ramage and of course the excellent Owen Bradley #coyr

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey - I agree with Mostyn!

Roger used to finish the match commentary, then hoof it into corporate hospitality to do the post-match sponsor presentations. Imagine how that would have gone if he'd just slated the club/manager/board live on air. It was never going to happen. Then of course he'd be back on air for the phone in on the Monday.

People I know who have spoken to him privately say that he tends to be a lot more honest about situations around the club when he's not on air. Which is only natural, but Radio Derby certainly miss that Graham Richards no-fear approach to covering the club.

Colin Bloomfield and Owen Bradley are good lads but they are young and carving careers in broadcasting. They are unlikely to want to rock any boats

Bloomers wasn't/isn't that bad, Derby fans were spoilt rotten with Graham Richards and they simply don't make them like that any more.

As for Davies, there's better out there. I'd have him maybe in the comms box for the Forest matches where all you really want is a delusional ex-player and legend telling you we're better than we are, but not for the rest of the season.

I like Bloomers, those that have a pop at him should try listening to other local radio football coverage. Grimsby Town is simply shocking, you feel like your listening in to 2 old blokes having a natter about the weather at the bus stop.....erm excuse me do you know what the score is please...

At first I read the title and thought Ben Davies had gone and we'd sign Peter Ramage.

Roger Davies isn't much cop, nor is Owen Bradley - whom shot me down on Twitter last year because I said the side wasn't good enough for a top six finish after losing at Chesterfield, I'm still awaiting an apology. He also flips out bigtime if a caller dared ring up calling for Sammon to be axed, it's quite funny.

Rowett was my favourite of recent years, but obvious he's got other fish to fry.

At first I read the title and thought Ben Davies had gone and we'd sign Peter Ramage.

Roger Davies isn't much cop, nor is Owen Bradley - whom shot me down on Twitter last year because I said the side wasn't good enough for a top six finish after losing at Chesterfield, I'm still awaiting an apology. He also flips out bigtime if a caller dared ring up calling for Sammon to be axed, it's quite funny.

Rowett was my favourite of recent years, but obvious he's got other fish to fry.

Rowett was brilliant

Hated Dean "I love Kenny Miller" Sturridge 

Bloomers wasn't/isn't that bad, Derby fans were spoilt rotten with Graham Richards and they simply don't make them like that any more.

As for Davies, there's better out there. I'd have him maybe in the comms box for the Forest matches where all you really want is a delusional ex-player and legend telling you we're better than we are, but not for the rest of the season.

Too right. I recently found the BBC Radio Derby 'Back to the top' which was all of the highlights from the 85/86 (I think) promotion season.

Graham Richards absolutely brilliant and could never be replaced.

Archived