Dean Whitehead

DcfcFan97

Paul Thirlwell had premier league experience as had Andy Todd, and Robbie Savage.

If you're going to be a good player, you're going to be a good player. I don't think anyone has changed their destiny by training and being in the same team as someone who has experience.

Exactly. Ask how playing alongside premier league experience went for Bailey.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Thirlwell had premier league experience as had Andy Todd, and Robbie Savage.

If you're going to be a good player, you're going to be a good player. I don't think anyone has changed their destiny by training and being in the same team as someone who has experience.

wait a minute... paul thirwell has played premier league football? i think i need a lie down.

Can't see why people are saying this would be a bad signing... Much needed competition for the CM's and the 'old head' Clough has been after. Would also allow Hughes to play further up the field which I have been crying out for for a long time

Can't see why people are saying this would be a bad signing... Much needed competition for the CM's and the 'old head' Clough has been after. Would also allow Hughes to play further up the field which I have been crying out for for a long time

because we already have 'good players' in the center-mid position, why risk high wages on a player that MAY BE no good, or risk stopping the development of Hendrick who has came along way for saying he's played around a 2 seasons is it?

And the same with Hughes, why stop his progression and lose that apparently highly estimated price tag.

And some will probably disagree with me here, and I could see why some might want to replace him with bryson. Bit I believe just like whitehead would, bryson is an incredibly hard worker and nips in with a few goals as well.

Long story short, money can be spent wisely on other positions, and I BELEIVE we already have better.

Thats fair enough but we cant just assume that he will be on massive wages!

IF we are planning on playing with 3 CM's we need another player to provide backup/competition for a 46+ game plus season

To get out of this league you dont just need a good starting 11 but good back up in every position, just having Coutts who for all we know Clough might prefer as a winger, isn't enough!

I don't think he will be on massive wages, but I believe it will be over 10k plus which I don't think he's worth in our financial position, (not that we're in a bad one, just that we don't get given the funds). Anyway, we probably will need cover, but why would the cover be more expensive than our first team?

Before injury it looked like Bailey was set to become a good player, he played arguably his best football whilst playing under the wing of Sav but dropped off after he left.

Disagree. Never stood a chance having to do the work of 2 men.

This would be 10k a week gone that could be spent on left back and/or centre back. Surely that is the priority? Even right mid could be better spent moving Coutts to a back up centre mod/rm.

I doubt anyone in our club earns more than 10k a week, so let's get someone very good for that money.

Thats fair enough but we cant just assume that he will be on massive wages!

IF we are planning on playing with 3 CM's we need another player to provide backup/competition for a 46+ game plus season

To get out of this league you dont just need a good starting 11 but good back up in every position, just having Coutts who for all we know Clough might prefer as a winger, isn't enough!

p.s. I like how we put caplocks on word like "maybe & if" just so no one snaps our fingers if they disagree. We are learning, IN MY OPINION. :D

This would be 10k a week gone that could be spent on left back and/or centre back. Surely that is the priority? Even right mid could be better spent moving Coutts to a back up centre mod/rm.

I doubt anyone in our club earns more than 10k a week, so let's get someone very good for that money.

I bet brayford would be close if he signs a new deal..

I think people's points about our already strong midfield are valid. I think playing bryson, hughes and hendrick across the middle with coutts as a good replacement will be an excellent starting point. However, i think we'd really benefit from a seasoned pro in the middle of the park to come on with 20 mins to go in tight games to brme the calming influence on the younger players or take a game by the scruff when we're struggling. Hughes and hendrick have these qualities but it's too much to ask that they do it consistently week in week out...

However, if money is tight then i think funds woukd be better spent on a commanding cb personally

Clough hasn't talked about signing another cm in weeks. In fact, he hss specifically said we are fine in that position. I'm not sure why we're debating a cm we cant afford, aren't linked with and according to NC, don't need.

Archived