Dean Whitehead

DcfcFan97

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen him. He is average. If he was that good, Stoke would of offered him a new contract. Also he can't be as good as you are saying he is as teams who came below us want him. I have watched Ireland recently for obvious reasons and Hendrick comes on for Whelan a lot and out shines him. Whelan got above Whitehead all the time at Stoke. Stoke fans don't rate him at all.

No thanks.

So naive, and Stoke are a prem team. He'd get in any side in this division. And you've watched him? When? On motd? Brilliant place to judge a player..

Laughable. No not on Match of the day. On Sky Sports, yes you can watch full matches on Sky Sports. Your saying just because he is in a Premiership team, he must be a class above. He certainly looked it when he came in to a under strength team in the League Cup and played at home to Swindon and lost 3-4. You know that top class opposition midfield of Alan McCormack and Tommy Miller. If your telling me Dean Whitehead can be the difference in our promotion push then I give up.

Laughable. No not on Match of the day. On Sky Sports, yes you can watch full matches on Sky Sports. Your saying just because he is in a Premiership team, he must be a class above. He certainly looked it when he came in to a under strength team in the League Cup and played at home to Swindon and lost 3-4. You know that top class opposition midfield of Alan McCormack and Tommy Miller. If your telling me Dean Whitehead can be the difference in our promotion push then I give up.

Deary me. Children these days

He's not the sort of player I like, but he's one we need. There are lots of games (especially away) where we could have used a player like him either in the starting 11 or coming on to sure things up.

Like at Wednesday away, we're 2-0 up, take off a tired Hughes and bring on Whitehead to dictate the end of the game. While Bryson and Hendrick are good workers, Bryson's too lightweight and Hendrick lacks the experience.

But, I don't think he'd be cemented in the starting 11, so wouldn't come here. Not to mention Bryson's signed a new contract very recently, I don't think we'll be looking to sign him.

Example mate but Okay explain to me why he would be good for us then. What is his attributes?

I am looking forward to hearing this.

he would be a good presence in midfield as he's big and strong, he'd help us with our defensive and offensive play as he is a box to box type of midfielder.

I'd rather wages go towards a center back like kigallon instead of another center midfielder like Whitehead.

So would I.  Is there any rumour at all that DCFC have had any contact with Kilgallon?  Seems to fit our needs - left sided CH and can play LB if needed.

So would I.  Is there any rumour at all that DCFC have had any contact with Kilgallon?  Seems to fit our needs - left sided CH and can play LB if needed.

I don't believe so... Just a few rumours but they can just be regurgitated rubbish to make them feel like their in the know.

Over 150 premiership appearances, once commanded a 5 million pound fee, passing ability is brilliant, the old "head" in midfield that many people on the forum want, not to old at 31. Won the league as captain with Sunderland, knows the league well, experienced..

Robbie Savage had way over 150 appearances. He had passing ability and was captain of his team and was an international. It is funny because he is 31, people think he would fit the role perfectly but has been sent off numerous times in his career including costing his Stoke side victory against Reading last year when he hacked a Reading player in the last minute in the box and got sent off and Reading scored the resulting penalty. Sounds exactly what we need.

Robbie Savage had way over 150 appearances. He had passing ability and was captain of his team and was an international. It is funny because he is 31, people think he would fit the role perfectly but has been sent off numerous times in his career including costing his Stoke side victory against Reading last year when he hacked a Reading player in the last minute in the box and got sent off and Reading scored the resulting penalty. Sounds exactly what we need.

Yep completely change the subject to something totally irrelevant buddy. And for the record, sent off numerous times in his career? Savage only received 2 red cards, and one was on international duty :)

Archived