Dean Whitehead

DcfcFan97

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you talking about mate. How is that irrelevant. You said Whitehead made over 150 appearances which you would class as an attribute and you also commented on his passing ability correct? So I made a reference to Robbie Savage who everyone hated but achieved the exact same things. You then say how he is experienced and will give know how in midfield and then I talked about examples of how Whitehead might not have the knowhow that you might think.

Completely irrelevant  :)

All players can give a late challenge, for example the penalty at the play-off final. It doesn't make him a bad player. I highly doubt we're even after him. We have other priorities.

I am just saying, he has probably made more game changing mistakes than our midfield have this season.

Everyone hated? I loved Sav. Proper pro, heart on his sleeve and even now he loves the club. Experience is key in this league. Think Hull with Faye or Koren, think Cardiff with Whittingham or Hudson, think Palace with Phillips or Delany, think Brighton with Upson or Bruno. Vital. Add experience to the side and our away results will get better. It's vital in this league.

Everyone hated? I loved Sav. Proper pro, heart on his sleeve and even now he loves the club. Experience is key in this league. Think Hull with Faye or Koren, think Cardiff with Whittingham or Hudson, think Palace with Phillips or Delany, think Brighton with Upson or Bruno. Vital. Add experience to the side and our away results will get better. It's vital in this league.

I agree :o

Just not Whitehead

Entitled to your opinion. Just harsh on a player you've probably watched 5-10 times

not really, that's probably 5-10 times more than anyone has seen Russell apart from a select few who watch the SPL and of course the FIFA comparers... But everyone was raving about how good he is.

not really, that's probably 5-10 times more than anyone has seen Russell apart from a select few who watch the SPL and of course the FIFA comparers... But everyone was raving about how good he is.

Not just because of the football, because of the reviews and the anger shown by Celtic fans by not signing him, as well as interest shown from a side who finished above Inter Milan in Serie A, as well as a 2m bid rejected last summer and Everton enquiring!

Whitehead is a good player, you don't play 6 consecutive seasons in the prem if you're not.

Not just because of the football, because of the reviews and the anger shown by Celtic fans by not signing him, as well as interest shown from a side who finished above Inter Milan in Serie A, as well as a 2m bid rejected last summer and Everton enquiring!

Whitehead is a good player, you don't play 6 consecutive seasons in the prem if you're not.

I believe he will be a good signing for any championship team, I was just commenting as a whole for the people who judge players with one game (I'm not saying you one, just in general).

Better than anyone in our centre mid RIGHT now, and I think he would be a very good signing for any championship team. We have an exciting young team but I think we could do with one or two lads that have been there and done it, Whitehead fits the bill for me. 

He's a good player and will do a good job for someone in the Championship - likes a tackle.

I think he would be a good signing, but I would really prefer to see how this midfield develops over the coming seasons. I believe if we can keep hold of Hendrick, he'll become that midfield dynamo we are looking for.

Hendrick could probably learn a thing or two from Whitehead, most don't rate DW but he's achieved what Jeff aspires to do, and that is play regularly in the Prem.

Id sign DW but it would be on the understanding he wont start off as first choice and his wages will be in line with the rest of the squad. If DW played out of his skin and we were winning games then I would have no problem if he was being picked ahead of any of current players at the end of the day you have to pick the players that are in the best form.

Hendrick could probably learn a thing or two from Whitehead, most don't rate DW but he's achieved what Jeff aspires to do, and that is play regularly in the Prem.

Id sign DW but it would be on the understanding he wont start off as first choice and his wages will be in line with the rest of the squad. If DW played out of his skin and we were winning games then I would have no problem if he was being picked ahead of any of current players at the end of the day you have to pick the players that are in the best form.

Paul Thirlwell had premier league experience as had Andy Todd, and Robbie Savage.

If you're going to be a good player, you're going to be a good player. I don't think anyone has changed their destiny by training and being in the same team as someone who has experience.

Archived