Craig Forsyth

-JW-

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the guy who mentioned he could play left wing back.

Lego

Keogh Barker new CB

Brayford Forsyth

Bryson Hughes

Hendrick

Ward Sammon

I think that could work purely for the fact that it means we have a formation where Brayford can get involved more

And

Clough will be able to play Hendrick Bryson and Hughes without putting one of them outwide.

Only worry is that the new CB would have to be very good and have more pace than barker (which shouldn't be too difficult)

I think the formation would be very easy for the players to adapt to because Brayford at rwb would be fine and this guy has played there before. The others should find it easy as their position change would not be radical.

As much as I loved Wing-Backs back in the day I don't wanna see it now...

When we play 4-3-3 it turns into 4-5-1 cos the team has had "track back" drilled into them and so they're scared of over-commiting to a forward role...

If we played wing backs they'd end up playing too defensively and then either we wouldn;t have any width OR one of the forwards would have to keep moving out wide to meet the ball leaving us with only one forward in the box...

To the guy who mentioned he could play left wing back.

Lego

Keogh Barker new CB

Brayford Forsyth

Bryson Hughes

Hendrick

Ward Sammon

I think that could work purely for the fact that it means we have a formation where Brayford can get involved more

And

Clough will be able to play Hendrick Bryson and Hughes without putting one of them outwide.

Only worry is that the new CB would have to be very good and have more pace than barker (which shouldn't be too difficult)

I think the formation would be very easy for the players to adapt to because Brayford at rwb would be fine and this guy has played there before. The others should find it easy as their position change would not be radical.

i like the look of that... its solid but there can be plenty forward. cant see brker playing more than a handful when he comes back though. a new sweeping cb would be nice. keogh and bucko/or OB can do the ariel play. find a new stimac or carbonari type player. laughing all the way to the prem. prob have fielding instead of legz too. get more £ for fielding if he's playing. there's not much etween them and right now he's losing value.

Id like to know why every other team can strike a deal and loan decent players.. and we hit the market for who...?

Most of these decent loan players aren't with a view to a permanent deal, ours are.

We had a choice, we could have bought in a decent premier league reserve centre back that isnt playing an example could be Gary Monk. 

However we stuck to our guns and it cost us vs Shef Wed, Hull and Bolton where we could have got more points from a commanding aerial centre back.

After the awful streak our play off hopes were ruined and we find ourselves here testing young players to see if they could cut it next season.

You post that post in relation to the signing of Craig Forsyth. Now if you are saying why have other teams signed good loan players while we have signed poor it it the fact that we are too late. 

If you look at Leicester they got Harry Kane on loan a quality player because of their league position, Hull got Gedo, Middlesborough got Sammi Ameobi, these teams can attract these players and can afford to gamble on their wages because their league position states so. Another gamble is Wolves they got Kaspar Gorks and Jack Robinson because they are at the other end of the spectrum. 

So to summarise we are mid table and are looking at loans for where the players can play for us next season. The other teams in the division want the loans to come in and make an immediate impact hence their higher quality as it is unlikely they will be willing to sign for these clubs on a permanent basis, Harry Kane is tottenhams best young striker they arent gonna sell him to leicester after this loan move.

We have been linked with 4 different wide midfielders now and been to watch about 3.Definately are looking for a Right sided player.

But Forsyth wont be signing in the summer he is literally to help cover the loss of Jamie as if Jamie didn't get injured he wouldn't of came here.

not true - clough quoted as saying hes been aware for a while and the month loan is chance to have a closer look

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/10266162.Clough___We_ve_been_aware_of_Forsyth_for_a_while_/

Derby County boss Nigel Clough says the Rams have been aware of Craig Forsyth for a while and claims his one-month loan will be a chance to "have a look a little more closely".

Forsyth has this evening joined Derby on loan until April 1 following several injuries for the Rams.

Clough told Derby's website: "Craig is someone we’ve been aware of for a while and we’ve been impressed whenever we’ve seen him in action, so it’ll be good to have a look at him a little more closely.

"The injuries we’ve picked up of late have obviously been frustrating, but it’s presented us with a chance to bring Craig in.

"We’ve got options up front, despite Jamie Ward’s injury, with Conor Sammon, Chris Martin, Michael Jacobs and Mason Bennett, but we’ve been left a little bit short in midfield so Craig’s arrival certainly strengthens that area."

Forsyth has made two starts and two substitute appearances this season and also made eight outings on loan at Bradford City during the 2012/13 campaign.

He has been used at centre half, left back and left midfield for Watford's first team and reserves and has made 26 appearances for the Hornets since he joined from Dundee in the summer of 2012

Id like to know why every other team can strike a deal and loan decent players.. and we hit the market for who...?

Jamie Ward for a start.

Jamie Ward for a start.

We didnt sign Ward this year... im on about this year.. we were supposed to build on last year.. If i can spot the players that we moved for arnt the right aquasitions to take us to the next level.. how did'nt the management know??  we have basicly wasted a season.. our main goal scorer is pretty much out the door, so we'll have to find a replacment (again) and a left back.. i just feel like this year was a waste. Im passionate about the rams, i just wish i had something to shout about instead of shaking my head.

We didnt sign Ward this year... im on about this year.. we were supposed to build on last year.. If i can spot the players that we moved for arnt the right aquasitions to take us to the next level.. how did'nt the management know??  we have basicly wasted a season.. our main goal scorer is pretty much out the door, so we'll have to find a replacment (again) and a left back.. i just feel like this year was a waste. Im passionate about the rams, i just wish i had something to shout about instead of shaking my head.

The point I'm making is that we didn't know in advance just how good Jamie Ward would turn out to be. A 'trouble-maker' languishing in the stiffs in Sheffield - there weren't many who thought that would be a good move for Derby.

If by 'our main goal scorer' you mean Theo - boy, are we in trouble. Not for nothing is he known as 'Mister Sitter'.

The point I'm making is that we didn't know in advance just how good Jamie Ward would turn out to be. A 'trouble-maker' languishing in the stiffs in Sheffield - there weren't many who thought that would be a good move for Derby.

If by 'our main goal scorer' you mean Theo - boy, are we in trouble. Not for nothing is he known as 'Mister Sitter'.

Well when derby were in for ward, i wanted them to sign him regardless cuz my good mate jamie lowry used to play wid him at chesterfield so i knew i could get free tickets. Not the best reason to sign a player but it is for me lol

Archived