Craig Forsyth

-JW-

Fair point but still doesn't answer why we didn't choose to do something positive when we had the slim chance of getting into the play offs rather than now do something reactionary now

We really did have a good chance at the playoffs during the january transfer window. 

I think if we had signed a premier league reserve CB on loan that is very tall and aerially demanding we would have kept the points at Sheffield Wednesday, not conceded the second at Hull and maybe therefore have given us impetus going into the Bolton and Hull games. 

Maybe 5 points better off than we are currently from one signing, I know that seems radical but we had injuries we should have reacted to that instead of playing Brayford at CB and losing attacking balance on the right (Coutts became rubbish after that).

That would have put us 9th and 6 points off the playoffs, still a long way but it could have made the difference.

All ifs and buts nonetheless so lets just look to the next few games for improved results NOT better football, this current spell has been some of our better football but we are not getting results, finding a way to win while playing badly will really help the team next season, which after all is what we are now looking at after this season is over.  

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to suggest to me that Jamie Ward may be out for a little while.....

Indeed I dont think we should play him this season. Let his hamstring heal then get him doing strength and conditioning in the off season. I am no sports physio but there must be something that can be done to prevent reoccurring hamstring injuries.

He couldn't get in the team before the Pozzo revolution another player unproven at this level another player who will work hard but do nothing to help win the match. We should just accept the season is over.Move Thomas and a couples up to the first team after Chelsea on Friday.We need to focus on getting our summer targets as Apparent targets are being offered new deals because if Martin and Forsyth sign permantely we will decline average at best.With a tight budget you have to be careful with the signings you make they don't improve us we need a big centre back and pace out wide or through the middle

Save their money and have a whip round in America and Canada for some dosh to get Billy Sharp.

I want to like this twice lol.

Jamie Ward is good mates with Billy Sharp.

I wonder if he could act as a go between with Clough and Billy.

Maybe drop a tweet to Ward later to bring this matter up with Nigel as a matter of urgency.

Coutts couldn't get in Prestons team, turned out to be a peach of a signing

Ward couldn't get in the Sheff U team, same

Keep the faith!... 

Because they fell out with the manager otherwise they would have been first names on the sheet. Coutts was captain for a while aswell.Martin and Forsyth are both average at best not goal scorers or entertaining to watch just nothing more than average players who will get between 1-9 goals a season.I hope these are just to cover injuries and we recruit young talent like Waghorn,Grigg etc Both players who can score 15+ goals and are young would be absolute gems on a free aswell.

Have we actually got any players who have achieved something in their careers?? How can we possibly get promoted with nobody who has been there done that? Our youngsters need to learn how to be winners from these people.

We have Chris Martin who got promoted with Norwich twice.. that's about it. 

legzdins...

"played an active part in helping Birmingham reserves to the championship of the Central League Division One Central in 2006–07"

Wiki.

Can this guy cross?

Because neither Coutts nor Jacobs seem capable of getting a ball past the first defender any more.

Archived