Craig Forsyth

-JW-

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Watford let him go now that they are banned from making transfers until January 1st? Especially if they go up. Seeing as their whole squad is on loan.

I thought they were only banned until the end of August?

Very difficult to find good left backs, they are a rarity. If Clough finds one better than Forsyth, who in my opinion is better then Roberts, he'll have done well.

I thought they were only banned until the end of August?

Very difficult to find good left backs, they are a rarity. If Clough finds one better than Forsyth, who in my opinion is better then Roberts, he'll have done well.

when the transfer window slams shut until January

I thought they were only banned until the end of August?

He has played 1 game at left back, simmer down. 

He lacks pace and composure in my opinion if i am being critical but when he gets into his stride and has room he can be influential. Great crosser and positioning is good. However his defensive attributes were not tested against Leicester sufficiently. 

Garth will be back for Bristol so might never know.

In determining the potential value of this player, i have undertaken a detailed analyis of actual performances at left back by players called Forsyth at Derby County over the past 30 years.

The resultant graph is an almost vertical line connecting the single appearance by this player, with the 402 appearances made by Michael Forsyth between 1986 and 1995.

There were no other appearances by anybody else called Forsyth between then and now.

From this i created an interpolation matrix based on current / actual performances in order to predict the likely final number of appearances which will be made by Craig Forsyth at left back.

The results by interpolation suggest that the answer will be 1 or 0 or 402.

I think that for all practical purposes we can safely discount 0.

This means that the likelihood is either 1 or 402.

If Craig Forsyth is selected at left back v bristol city ( or indeed any other game), then this rules out 1 and the answer must therefore be 402.This is the mathematiclly and statistically determined best assessment of the number of appearances at left back which he will make based on previous results; and as such this model is the best available predictor of a future reality.

So, what does this mean then?

Well, it means that according to the general theory of interpolation there are only two possible outcomes. There is a universe in which Craig Forsyth makes just one appearance; and an alternative universe in which he will inevitably make 402 appearances.

The probability densities of these two results are identical until he makes a second appearance, at which point the probability density of a single appearance is nil, and the probability density of him making 402 appearance tends towards infinity.

Trusting to the validity of the general theory, i believe we can safely assume that he is highly likely to have a long and distinguished career with us from hereon.

My god. Maths fuccks with your head.

I like that he's a big bugger. We've looked a bit lightweight at times over recent years. I also like that he can cross a ball - perfect delivery for Martin the other night. Doesn't look the most dynamic yet though, and I'm not convinced that he's going to be able to get forward enough from FB to complement Brayford on the right. Neither can I see him tormenting full backs if played wide. I need to see a bit more from him yet to convince me.

If Craig Forsyth is selected at left back v bristol city ( or indeed any other game), then this rules out 1 and the answer must therefore be 402.This is the mathematiclly and statistically determined best assessment of the number of appearances at left back which he will make based on previous results; and as such this model is the best available predictor of a future reality.

So, what does this mean then?

You had me laughing out loud there, which is an almost impossible task so well done.

It was missing the graph though which is a tough break.

The one problem I think if forscyth did play at left back in the future would be his pace, I mean imagine him going up against zaha or ince? But then again I remember Gareth Roberts holding zaha at bay when we played palace and I'm sure Gareth's not the fastest either!

The one problem I think if forscyth did play at left back in the future would be his pace, I mean imagine him going up against zaha or ince? But then again I remember Gareth Roberts holding zaha at bay when we played palace and I'm sure Gareth's not the fastest either!

Roberts has a good sprint for his age.

Archived