Craig Forsyth

-JW-

He couldn't get in the team before the Pozzo revolution another player unproven at this level another player who will work hard but do nothing to help win the match. We should just accept the season is over.Move Thomas and a couples up to the first team after Chelsea on Friday.We need to focus on getting our summer targets as Apparent targets are being offered new deals because if Martin and Forsyth sign permantely we will decline average at best.With a tight budget you have to be careful with the signings you make they don't improve us we need a big centre back and pace out wide or through the middle

I think I will wait until he has played a game for us before writing him off, thanks.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Puns aside for a minute can someone please enlighten me as to why we are suddenly signing players on loan when we have absolutely nothing to play for at all when we COULD have signed loan players in the New Year to bolster our very slim chances of getting into the play offs at that stage?

I expect we are filter feeding.....taking a look at one or two players who are being touted around by agents because their contracts are coming to an end.....maybe we can do this precisely because there is nothing to play for now.

Yes agree.But hes not going to change after his whole career.He still average and I really hope its just for cover.

Based on the comments you've made so far, you've obviously seen him play a fair few times and appear to be something of an expert on him - please provide us with more insights into his ability, his strengths and weaknesses and how you came to the conclusion that he's 'average'.....

Based on the comments you've made so far, you've obviously seen him play a fair few times and appear to be something of an expert on him - please provide us with more insights into his ability, his strengths and weaknesses and how you came to the conclusion that he's 'average'.....

Based on the comments you've made so far, you've obviously seen him play a fair few times and appear to be something of an expert on him - please provide us with more insights into his ability, his strengths and weaknesses and how you came to the conclusion that he's 'NOT average'.....

I don't recall every seeing him play - I'm therefore giving him the benefit of the doubt (as most supporters hopefully will) - you on the other hand appear to have written him off already - I just wanted to know what you were basing that judgement on.....

I don't recall every seeing him play - I'm therefore giving him the benefit of the doubt (as most supporters hopefully will) - you on the other hand appear to have written him off already - I just wanted to know what you were basing that judgement on.....

fair enough. I have seen him in clips of games like most derby fans on here as soon as we are linked with someone I try and find things about that player he doesn't have great stats which shows he doesn't have a great impact. He works hard which is a plus but like many hard working players they are running for nothing because when manage to win the ball back they give it away.

fair enough. I have seen him in clips of games like most derby fans on here as soon as we are linked with someone I try and find things about that player he doesn't have great stats which shows he doesn't have a great impact. He works hard which is a plus but like many hard working players they are running for nothing because when manage to win the ball back they give it away.

Wow, so much substance.

In fairness to DcfcMadness12 he is commenting on a player that couldn't hold his place in the Bradford team and the majority of Bradford fans didn't rate him at all, some even questioned his ability to be a professional footballer.

I think everyone will give this guy a fair crack of the whip, but I would put my house on this guy not being good enough.

Based on the comments you've made so far, you've obviously seen him play a fair few times and appear to be something of an expert on him - please provide us with more insights into his ability, his strengths and weaknesses and how you came to the conclusion that he's 'NOT average'.....

That was Gaspode's first comment about him in the entire thread.

Are you psychic, or just being a cock?

Was anyone excited when we signed Paul Coutts? I wasn't... £150k from Preston...

And he's been one of our best players this season...

Yes, because everyone commented that he had the ability! He was Preston's captain until Westley came in with his hammer and fist attitude and took the captaincy off him and that's when problems occurred!

Yes, because everyone commented that he had the ability! He was Preston's captain until Westley came in with his hammer and fist attitude and took the captaincy off him and that's when problems occurred!

Well not being massively up to speed on average league 1 teams I'd never heard of him... I know there were a lot of people on here claiming he had ability, but it's not like we were signing a proven championship midfielder...

However having seen him play this season there is no doubt in my mind that he is a quality player...

So I'll give Forsyth the benefit of the doubt for now...

Was anyone excited when we signed Paul Coutts? I wasn't... £150k from Preston...

And he's been one of our best players this season...

Yeah, a few people were. He was Prestons captain and quite highly rated depending who you talk to. Personally I think he's been a bit of a let down. I think he's lucky to be in the squad, Brayford has carried him most of the season.

In fairness to DcfcMadness12 he is commenting on a player that couldn't hold his place in the Bradford team and the majority of Bradford fans didn't rate him at all, some even questioned his ability to be a professional footballer.

I think everyone will give this guy a fair crack of the whip, but I would put my house on this guy not being good enough.

I'll take that bet. In fact' I'll imrpove on it, and say he'll turn out to be our best forward player come the end of the season.

Yeah, a few people were. He was Prestons captain and quite highly rated depending who you talk to. Personally I think he's been a bit of a let down. I think he's lucky to be in the squad, Brayford has carried him most of the season.

Hmmm... really don't know how to react to that...

The guy's been playing out of position all season and has still been tearing it up... compare him to Green and he's been a LOT better...

Yes agree.But hes not going to change after his whole career.He still average and I really hope its just for cover.

Sometimes players just click at certain places, how many times has a player been poor at a few places then moved to a club that was "right" for them? I'm not expecting the next Marc Overmars, in fact, I'm not sure what to expect, if he improves the team/squad I don't care what he has done elsewhere. Also he is still fairly young, 24 isn't he? Let's just see how he performs for us before saying he is average.

Well not being massively up to speed on average league 1 teams I'd never heard of him... I know there were a lot of people on here claiming he had ability, but it's not like we were signing a proven championship midfielder...

However having seen him play this season there is no doubt in my mind that he is a quality player...

So I'll give Forsyth the benefit of the doubt for now...

Yeah I agree, I think you have to look at what people say... And in this case I'm not holding out for much hope, there doesn't seem to be anyone who rates him... Michael Jacobs and Ben Davies they're two players we've signed from league two recently and both of them were nationally known (in that division) as the two of the best.. Now, I think both players are okay.. Jacobs still young and can improve but this guy isn't rated at that level and a lot of doubt cast over his head.

I don't think anyone will begrudge him of his move here, but hand on heart.. If you had to put your life on it, good or bad.. Which would you go for? I would say at the very best he'll fill a gap, in all honesty I don't expect him to be better than Hoganson..

Hmmm... really don't know how to react to that...

The guy's been playing out of position all season and has still been tearing it up... compare him to Green and he's been a LOT better...

He has played in the middle on a number of occasions and imo looks worse then on the wing. He was by far our worst player when Brayford was moved to CB and I believe that he limits Brayfords play. He is slow, unfit, rarely beats his man, and makes 2-3 decent crosses in a game. He cost £150k and for good reason...that's what he's worth. I would hardly say he's been 'tearing it up' ha, and it's more than debatable to whether he's better than Green.

Sometimes players just click at certain places, how many times has a player been poor at a few places then moved to a club that was "right" for them? I'm not expecting the next Marc Overmars, in fact, I'm not sure what to expect, if he improves the team/squad I don't care what he has done elsewhere. Also he is still fairly young, 24 isn't he? Let's just see how he performs for us before saying he is average.

Ward was 24 when he moved to us... and was out of favour in a Sheff Utd team who got relegated...

Forsyth has been dropped due to a vast number of loan signings at Watford so no reason he's not decent...

Archived