Transfer Rumours - Summer 2013

SuperSheep

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know all the gossip around Thiago, surely Barcelona want to keep hold of him with Xavi now peaked (and probably on the slow decline) and Iniesta at 29.

I don't understand where all the gossip has come from. Have Barcelona ever said they're open to offers? Doubt Thiago would choose to leave. Wasn't he born in Portugal and chose to represent Spain? Shows where he considers his loyalties?

Bet it's all newspaper trash.

Thiago failed to make the 60% game target which now activates his release clause at $18mill

It was abit stupid by Barca to have that clause because there is now way he'll get a majority start over Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Fabregas..

He was born in Italy to a Brazilian father but chose to play for Spain.. From what I've read he wants to stay at Barca but he wants more games.. It's hard to move Xavi on but I reckon this season will be Xavi's last before he moves into a Paul Scholes type role where he's only played every now and again..

Thiago just needs to wait one more year then the Barcelona CM position is his for the next 10 years or so.. It'd be a shame if he left, especially as Barca have made him the player he is today..

I reckon Reina has said hey up Brendon old buddly old pal, Valdes will be off soon and if Barca come let me go won't you. Mignolet looked decent last season, £9m worth not sure. Sunderland paid £9m for Craig Gordon didn't they who ended up being released, silly billy's.

Ancelotti has moved to Real Madrid..

His domestic record actually isn't that great.. 1 league title at Milan in 7 years or so, a great double at Chelsea followed by a trophyless season and he managed to miss out on the French title in his first year despite taking over PSG when they were top of the league..

He has definitely been brought in to help them win the decima.. Real Madrid are so obsessed with the CL that they'd rather win that than the league title..

I hope Ronaldo stays though.. He'll be wasted back in England.

Ancelotti has moved to Real Madrid..

His domestic record actually isn't that great.. 1 league title at Milan in 7 years or so, a great double at Chelsea followed by a trophyless season and he managed to miss out on the French title in his first year despite taking over PSG when they were top of the league..

He has definitely been brought in to help them win the decima.. Real Madrid are so obsessed with the CL that they'd rather win that than the league title..

I almost always agree with what you post on here Bris, but come on...Ancleotti is a top drawer manager...

Juventus Milan Chelsea Paris Saint-Germain

I almost always agree with what you post on here Bris, but come on...Ancleotti is a top drawer manager...

Juventus Milan Chelsea Paris Saint-Germain

I think he's a great manager Mues..

But I think it's his European record that stands out the most.. He took Barca all the way last year and they were very impressive.. But at the same time they lost to Evian in the Frech Cup and looked poor..

At Milan he made the CL final 3 times in 5 years and they really should have beaten Liverpool..

But domestically I just don't think he's in the 'elite' bracket.. That Milan side that he had were far better than everyone else domestically be only 1 title in those 5 years isn't a particularly great return.. It would be like the Barcelona side under Pep only winning 1 title.. Or the Man Utd side with Ronaldo only winning 1 title..

I get the impression Real Madrid have hired him based on his European record alone..

But don't get me wrong, the guy is a top manager and really likeable too.

Heard him say he was bored playing in a 2 team league where they struggle to sell there seats.

But if they add a few extra 000's into his wage packet he may be tempted to stay, all about the money with some people :-)

Archived