Transfer Rumours - Summer 2013

SuperSheep

I said this time last year that Jesus Navas will have a good season and then an English club would come in witha big bid for him..

I'm not a genius.. More just that English clubs are genuinely thick

Could have had him ages ago, at a cheaper price.. What is it, don't scouts exist at Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea.. Arsenal and Man Utd at least try and bring through abit of youth.. As for the other 3, ridiculous..

Each can build a worldclass team for the next 5 years yet choose to spend massive sums on 27/28 year olds..

Maybe it is because he suffers from acute homesickness that nobody has come in for him. Surely you of all people should know that he has walked out of Spain's training camps because he was too far from Seville.

And you think you possess the font of footballing knowledge. Pfft. :p

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Navas, I just don't rate him at the very top level - I honestly don't see him as anything better than an Aaron Lennon.

I doubt he'll get more than 5 goals, or 10 assists next season even if he played every game.

this season 0 goals 6 assists in 36 games, this is in the most defensively inept top rated division - so I don't expect much at all. 

The most defensively inept?

You're getting confused with the Bundesliga.. The defences in that league are woeful..

Jesus Navas was the best player on the pitch when Sevilla played Real Madrid.. He stood out like a sore thumb, he's a quality player but he's not really a goalscoring winger..

Technically he's miles better than Aaron Lennon, but in the PL that could count for very little.

You're getting confused with the Bundesliga.. The defences in that league are woeful..

Jesus Navas was the best player on the pitch when Sevilla played Real Madrid.. He stood out like a sore thumb, he's a quality player but he's not really a goalscoring winger..

Technically he's miles better than Aaron Lennon, but in the PL that could count for very little.

Things are changing on that front, Bris.

Luiz, Hazard, Mata, Suarez, Cazorla all had great seasons last year - Stoke are now struggling, and teams like Swansea are becoming established PL clubs. Now Ferguson has gone I doubt United will be able to get by on strength and power as they have for so many years.

Things are changing on that front, Bris.

Luiz, Hazard, Mata, Suarez, Cazorla all had great seasons last year - Stoke are now struggling, and teams like Swansea are becoming established PL clubs. Now Ferguson has gone I doubt United will be able to get by on strength and power as they have for so many years.

I hope so Asanovic it will be interesting to see what type of team Mourinho goes for

Sunderland and Newcastle who were also very workmanlike struggled too

I hope so Asanovic it will be interesting to see what type of team Mourinho goes for

Sunderland and Newcastle who were also very workmanlike struggled too

Southampton weren't a bad team on their day either once they got the new man in. Think that was a savvy appointment from them, in retrospect. It's time for clubs to recognise that football is changing.

I hope Mourinho brings a better Chelsea to the table this time.

A winger that doesn't score or create.. plus i've only seen him being pushed off a ball so maybe I'm not the best judge! 

A winger that doesn't score or create.. plus i've only seen him being pushed off a ball so maybe I'm not the best judge! 

Please don't use 'assists' as a yardstick for how creative a person is.. Because we all know how flawed the concept is.

Remember Ben Davies's assists last season? Half of thewm came from a rubbish shot deflected through to a striker or a miscontrol setting up a 20 yarder..

The guy is a brilliant footballer.. He's in the Spain squad, played a part in the Euro 2012 win, has been Sevilla's most capped player every season since 2005 (although he missed abit of one season due to an injury) and in that time he's played a key part in Sevilla's double Europa League win and double Copa Del Rey win..

Please don't use 'assists' as a yardstick for how creative a person is.. Because we all know how flawed the concept is.

Remember Ben Davies's assists last season? Half of thewm came from a rubbish shot deflected through to a striker or a miscontrol setting up a 20 yarder..

The guy is a brilliant footballer.. He's in the Spain squad, played a part in the Euro 2012 win, has been Sevilla's most capped player every season since 2005 (although he missed abit of one season due to an injury) and in that time he's played a key part in Sevilla's double Europa League win and double Copa Del Rey win..

I've seen him a few times (and I mean a few, no more than 10) but i've never been impressed with him - I've never seen anything more from him than I have Aaron Lennon, similar types of player and I've seen similar types of performances.

and maybe I am being too harsh, but in a division where you have 2 players scoring a goal a game - to play pretty much a full season without scoring, just seems a bit slack to me - if he was signing for Villa, or someone of a similar ilk then perhaps fair play.

but this just strikes me as an expensive gamble, on a player they (and I presume they are) are expecting to hit the back of the net more than a few times, and set up a lot for the strikers.

I think it's all relative, of course - and I respect that, but for me Man City (especially with the money) should be focusing more on players with proven credentials, there isn't many players they couldn't sign if they made the money right. I just think Navas has showed very little to make me think otherwise, but I haven't seen him that much - but, even so, he should be getting about 10/15 goals minimum in that league, not zero. 

I've seen him a few times (and I mean a few, no more than 10) but i've never been impressed with him - I've never seen anything more from him than I have Aaron Lennon, similar types of player and I've seen similar types of performances.

and maybe I am being too harsh, but in a division where you have 2 players scoring a goal a game - to play pretty much a full season without scoring, just seems a bit slack to me - if he was signing for Villa, or someone of a similar ilk then perhaps fair play.

but this just strikes me as an expensive gamble, on a player they (and I presume they are) are expecting to hit the back of the net more than a few times, and set up a lot for the strikers.

I think it's all relative, of course - and I respect that, but for me Man City (especially with the money) should be focusing more on players with proven credentials, there isn't many players they couldn't sign if they made the money right. I just think Navas has showed very little to make me think otherwise, but I haven't seen him that much - but, even so, he should be getting about 10/15 goals minimum in that league, not zero. 

But what midfielders are getting 10/15 goals a season in La Liga?

I think Jonas is the highest scoring midfielder in La Liga with around 12 goals but he plays in a far more attacking position..

Messi and Ronaldo are from another planet and play for easily 2 of the best 4 sides in Europe.. But there are a host of quality midfielders in La Liga that haven't managed to score that much.. Ozil has 9, Di Maria 7, Kaka 3, Iniesta 3, Pedro 7, Tello 7, Alexis 8, Koke 3, Isco 9, Joaquin 4..

You also mention 'that league' but La Liga is far better than the Bundesliga and the PL in defence.. Take out Barca and Real Madrid and the goals are not as high as Bundesliga or the PL and that's not due to a lack of attacking quality.. The Bundesliga in particular is absolutely terrible in defence..

You mention that it's a gamble, but so are most signings.. But Navas is a quality player and a few stats showing he's not a goalscoring machine despite playing a wide role for Sevilla doesn't show much.. Del Bosque wouldn't trust him in the Spain squad and he wouldn't have won what he has at Sevilla if he wasn't a good player.. Put it this way, he's better than Milner and Milner cost Man City more..

Also just to let you know.. David Silva only scored 4 goals last season for Man City and his highest ever goal tally at Valencia was 8.. As for Mata, in the two seasons prior to moving to Chelsea he scored only 8 and 9 and that was playing for the 3rd best side in the country.. Not the 9th..

Yeah Germany defences are terrible...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22357630

not to mention the formidable attacking proess of la liga sides! 

Wow, yes choose a game where Barca play their reserve side when they conceded these goals..

Bayern scored 9 past one team, and 7 past a few others..

Barca scored 10 past Leverkusen, Man Utd could have scored 10 past Schalke.. You can't dress it up any other way, the teams outside Bayern and Dortmund are so overrated and defensively shocking..

Look at how many goals Malaga and Valenica conceded in comparison to Schalke and M'Gladbach in Europe last season (both teams finished 3rd and 4th)..

Barca played their reserve side for a champions league semi final, on both occasions? 

what the **** was their first team doing for them dates then? given the night off? suppose it is just a naff cup at the end of the day  :lol:

Not really sure what the Barca-Bayern games has to do with the defences of both leagues..

But the games were not a true reflection of the sides nor were the scorelines.. Bayern beat Barca fair and square, but no-one in Barca is worried as Bayern won in extreme circumstances..

2 of the goals in the first game should never have counted, the other was a corner.. And as for the 2nd leg, in the second half when Bayern scored their goals, Barca had a pretty much second string side out.. No Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alba, Mascherano, Tello..

But anyway.. The leagues. Bundesliga is so overrated and woeful defensively.. That's a fact. Outside of Dortmund and Bayern there are no decent sides.. None of the others would get into the top 4 in Italy, England or Spain.

Man U could have scored 10?

Going by that logic; Sammon could have scored 30 last season. We could also have been promoted with a record breaking points tally.

Well if it wasn't for now Bayern player Neuer they would have..

And then Man Utd's second string beat them 4-1 in the return leg.

I'd much rather have Mata in my side than Hulk, just think he's been the best thing about the Chelsea team in the last two season. Isco would be a good player for Chelsea right now, an attacking midfield trio of Hazard, Isco and Mata would only improve over a few seasons as well. Probs get him cheaper than Hulk too.

-------------------Cavani------------------

-Hazard-----------Isco-----------Mata---

I'd take a gamble on Benteke if I was a top 5 manager (which I think AVB will).

Archived