Transfer Rumours - Summer 2013

SuperSheep

I must admit I've never understood the hype around Fellaini.

He strikes me as one of those players who does absolutely nothing for hours on end.. then does something brilliant and everyone talks about him, or does something unprofessional and stupid and everyone talks about him... and then does nothing of note for another few hours but everyone remembers that thing he did, boosted by being 'that very tall bloke with the afro'.

I think Everton is about his level, he'd not be of great use to a club really wanting to win things.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

La Liga champions Barcelona are getting ready to splash the cash on Fernando Torres, Graham Hunter told Sky Sports News.

It was reported on Thursday in some newspapers that the Spanish giants were set to offer £17m to Chelsea - £33m less than the British record transfer fee that Liverpool received two years ago from the London club.

"It is a well-sourced story," said the Spain-based journalist. "Barcelona do want to add a centre forward and are in the process of selling David Villa. Although they have added Neymar and have a replete armoury of different kinds of strikers, they do want a No 9.

"Every time Torres played for Atletico Madrid against them he scored and terrorised them at Camp Nou. He also scored for Chelsea when they were knocked out of the Champions League.

More: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11833/8773998/Barcelona-set-to-move-for-Chelsea-s-Fernando-Torres-Graham-Hunter

Sky Sports sources understand Liverpool are interested in signing Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet and it will take a bid in the region of £9million for any possible deal.

The Belgium international is rumoured to want to leave the Stadium of Light in order to boost his 2014 World Cup ambitions and he has also been linked with Arsenal.

Liverpool could be in need of a goalkeeper given that speculation continues to link their current No.1, Jose Reina, with Barcelona.

Sunderland, though, will not be keen to sell Mignolet, who was their Player of the Year in the 2012/13 season.

But the 25-year-old has only two years remaining on his contract and Sunderland will know his value will decrease as time drags on.

However, the North East club would still want at least £9m from Liverpool, who have also been linked with Stoke City's Asmir Begovic.

And a fee has been agrees which schürrle to Chelsea.

The original offer was put in a while ago.. Before Mourinho arrived..

So what I'd like to know is, who is it who recommended him and who is it who put in the bid?

Obviously Abramovic is the one with the money, but who is it who wants to buy him? Was it Rafa? Was it a chief of football that they have? I can't see how Mourinho would be happy with other people buying players for him. Surely it's his job and his scouts to identify which players they want at Chelsea?

So what I'd like to know is, who is it who recommended him and who is it who put in the bid?

Obviously Abramovic is the one with the money, but who is it who wants to buy him? Was it Rafa? Was it a chief of football that they have? I can't see how Mourinho would be happy with other people buying players for him. Surely it's his job and his scouts to identify which players they want at Chelsea?

if say it would of been mourinho's choice as I think it was well known before the season even finished that he was going to have the job before the end of the season, so my guess is that mourinho was speaking to abramovic about potential signings before he "actually" signed.

man city has Manuel pagrini as their manager? Or did they sign the players before he arrived because I swear he's been there manager for around a month now?

Officially they have no manager ,,, but as i mentioned like Mourinho , Pellegrini (not pagrini) also knew they were going to their clubs and made a shopping list before their appointments

Doesn't this happen in Spain? Especially at Madrid, the president of the club buys the players and they hire a first team coach to manage them.

Doesn't this happen in Spain? Especially at Madrid, the president of the club buys the players and they hire a first team coach to manage them.

I've heard similar in Spain.. Especially when Ronaldinho signed for Barca as this was apparently the 'promise' from one of the presidents when the elections were on.. And I'm almost certain that Ibrahimovic was not a Guardiola signing or was never in his plans..

At Real Madrid I think it was true until Mourinho came in and basically told the baord of which players he wanted and which ones he didn't.. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been many players that have gone to Madrid over the past 3 years that Mourinho didn't ask for.. The likes of Modric, Coentrao and Essien were all Mourinho signings but actually I can't see Varane being a typical Mourinho signing.. Maybe one of the scouts recommended him to the president..

Interesting point on Man City... Who is buying all of their players? Alex Ferguson would never stand for other people buying players for him..

Villa Sign Jores Okore and Leandro Bacuna

Okore looked good in the games against Chelsea this year and full Danish international at 20. (Has massive potential on FM too)
Don't know anything about Bacuna but it says he's a Dutch U-21 player.

Paul Lambert is certainly going for a youthful team it seems.

Archived