Grant Forsyth Baptiste Whitehead Burke Martin Vaughan

sage

Hi Ramblur, just thinking................ Do you think Burke signed an extension? I would have thought the extra years clause Birmingham have triggered was already part of his contract. In other words it was purely their decision to take it up & continue to pay him for another year. It may or may not be what Burke wants. Birmingham are merely protecting their asset.

Yeah that is exactly right, I think 500k is still enough to get him (like they were willing to accept in jan) I think they've merely triggered the clause in hope that someone will pay for him, how often do you hear about a club letting one of their best running down a contract when the club themselves have the say in extending it. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so I can gauge your marking what would an 8/9 be.. like signing tom ince? Vaughan being a 4 for me would make him worse than all our strikers, including tyson and robinson and about on a par with connor doyle - so obviously we have differences, but, would just wonder who would get you excited for next season.

I know it sometimes isn't an easy task for some people, I would say there are a good majority that would find fault with every championship players.

For Vaughan to be a 4, I would say messi 10, ibra 9, rooney 8, michu 7, lambert 6, rhodes 5... then Vaughan a 4.

I think we need some standardised units.. :lol:

just use tabloid ratings. everyone gets 7 unless they gift a goal/sent off which is 6 or they score the most goals and are motm with 8

Hi Ramblur, just thinking................ Do you think Burke signed an extension? I would have thought the extra years clause Birmingham have triggered was already part of his contract. In other words it was purely their decision to take it up & continue to pay him for another year. It may or may not be what Burke wants. Birmingham are merely protecting their asset.

Yes,I'm sure you're right,but even if you assumed he would rather be at Derby,could we afford the fee? I'd suspect his wages would be quite high,which we might get round if 'free',but I think latest event might have scuppered our chances.At his career stage I suspect he might be looking for one last big contract.Shame (possibly).

Oh OK it says we are looking to bring the player back and he could sign next week not that he is going to sign next week, thought I hadn't missed anything

You cant possibly have missed it Notts.

He's signed already.  Sageis and DCFCKev are not little kids messing about. If they say he's signed, he's signed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Personally and not surprisingly I'm very happy with the 4 we've brought in (counting Forsyth as done) but equally looking forward to seeing who the next "one or two" are to come through the door.

I still think we might get a little surprise, especially if we're able to shift any four from Theo, Tyson, Bailey, O Connor, Naylor or Legz.

I think we'll end up having to keep one of the strikers and I wouldn't be surprised now to see Legz stay around as well.

In my mind we're only a centre half away from being done, anything on top of that would be a bonus.

Personally and not surprisingly I'm very happy with the 4 we've brought in (counting Forsyth as done) but equally looking forward to seeing who the next "one or two" are to come through the door.

I still think we might get a little surprise, especially if we're able to shift any four from Theo, Tyson, Bailey, O Connor, Naylor or Legz.

I think we'll end up having to keep one of the strikers and I wouldn't be surprised now to see Legz stay around as well.

In my mind we're only a centre half away from being done, anything on top of that would be a bonus.

I agree however I don't think we will get replacements if we sell Theo, Bailey, O'Connor, Naylor or Legz... Counting Forsyth as done I think we need a CB, perm or loan, and a replacement for Tyson IF we manage to sell him

I agree however I don't think we will get replacements if we sell Theo, Bailey, O'Connor, Naylor or Legz... Counting Forsyth as done I think we need a CB, perm or loan, and a replacement for Tyson IF we manage to sell him

Theo and Tyson are already replaced by Martin and Russell. We don't need any more forwards, we're already knee deep in them.

Archived