Grant Forsyth Baptiste Whitehead Burke Martin Vaughan

sage

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tru dat. I'll be disappointed if Coutts is in the first 11 next season.

I wouldn't be disappointed personally, especially if we can keep the ginger genius Brayford, as for large parts last season they were very effective together. I'd look to give Ben Davies a few more games if Coutts's form drops or he's tired. Davies offers a better delivery in the air (Russell seems like he feeds off early high balls well) but Coutts at the start of the season was effective at driving to the byline and drilling crosses in.

Both provide a good option in my opinion. Although keeping Brayford will be vital to our right hand side.

As long as we get this experienced CB who will automatically cover for Keogh when Keogh covers for Brayford when he and Coutts are both up the pitch when the opposition 'break'   -    and cuts out the cross to their right side attacker. 

Strikers yes, wingers no

We dont know what system(s) we will be playing yet and we have a bunch of players who are capable of playing in a wide position if required: Coutts, Davies, Jacobs, Ward, Russell and now Forsyth. If we can find another player that improves on these then fair enough, go for it, but we certainly are not short staffed.

Burke would be a decent aquisition but we dont need a squad player just to make up the numbers who's just going to warm the bench.

Tru dat. I'll be disappointed if Coutts is in the first 11 next season.

I can't see what people have against Coutts, form dipped certainly but he played almost every game, so you can understand why, doesn't make him a bad player though. I think he's one of our better players personally and a cracking acquisition last year.

Really hope theres a stellar signing in the pipeline.

Sam Rush said numerous times at the fan forums theres a bigger transfer kitty than previous seasons, only 900,000 been spent so far on four players and we've recouped 100,000 or so back from Fielding.

If we get a fit Dunne in, I'd be delighted. Him and Keogh in this league would be one of the best partnerships in the division.

I can't see what people have against Coutts, form dipped certainly but he played almost every game, so you can understand why, doesn't make him a bad player though. I think he's one of our better players personally and a cracking acquisition last year.

Paul Coutts retains possession of the ball. He is a tidy and skilful player. I hope Nigel can play him right of midfield with Brayford behind him. They were a great combination last season.

The problem he has is that he's too positive for the team. When the team was positive pre-xmas, he looked good, as soon as the team became more reserved, he often had to stop himself from playing his natural game, and it often left him looking lost and turning back onto himself and into tackles from players he'd already side-stepped before realising he had no target in the box!

Totally agree with this.

Also, Brayford looked at his best when Coutts was playing - it's not all down to Brayford making him look better. They're good for each other.

We dont know what system(s) we will be playing yet and we have a bunch of players who are capable of playing in a wide position if required: Coutts, Davies, Jacobs, Ward, Russell and now Forsyth. If we can find another player that improves on these then fair enough, go for it, but we certainly are not short staffed.

Burke would be a decent aquisition but we dont need a squad player just to make up the numbers who's just going to warm the bench.

Im not coming out and saying were desperate for one but after we get a CB I'm sure the 6th player will be a winger (only if we get rid of Tyson, otherwise I'm sure hell be the cover)

I think I might be the minority with this but I just can't stand Coutts playing on the right. I think he's a tidy player that would be a good CM but he just cant beat a man! The reason he didn't seem as good when Bray wasn't there is because he's the one overlapping him and giving him the option, basically doing the wing play for him!!!

I don't see any reason why Clough needs to sign a replacement for Coutts we have players capable of filling that role and over the season the combination and link up of Brayford and Coutts has caused teams trouble.

The experienced CB will be the vital transfer and hopefully they'll have some time to sort a decent player, whether we pay a fee or not there's a fair few out of contract who would fit in nicely.

I don't see any reason why Clough needs to sign a replacement for Coutts we have players capable of filling that role and over the season the combination and link up of Brayford and Coutts has caused teams trouble.

The experienced CB will be the vital transfer and hopefully they'll have some time to sort a decent player, whether we pay a fee or not there's a fair few out of contract who would fit in nicely.

Clough has said numerous times that this could be a loan. So it may not be the older, experienced player you suggest.

Clough has said numerous times that this could be a loan. So it may not be the older, experienced player you suggest.

Here's to hoping!

Possibly said this as was unsure whether we'd get Forsyth, hope we can sign someone with experience at this level unless we plan to sign on a permanent after a loan,

Just seen Lewin's left Brizzle City.

I think I might be the minority with this but I just can't stand Coutts playing on the right. I think he's a tidy player that would be a good CM but he just cant beat a man! The reason he didn't seem as good when Bray wasn't there is because he's the one overlapping him and giving him the option, basically doing the wing play for him!!!

You're half right. He stopped beating his man when he realised there was no point as Theo was on the bench and nobody was in the area!

You're half right. He stopped beating his man when he realised there was no point as Theo was on the bench and nobody was in the area!

Like Theo knows how to get on the end of a cross?

Theo's good from 6 yards out when it's on a plate for him...

Archived