Grant Forsyth Baptiste Whitehead Burke Martin Vaughan

sage

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant signing next week

Grant out and anyone else we sign.

BOOOOO.

Why can't we just sign brilliant players , irrespective of cost.

Clough Out

Board Out. BOOOOO [repeat as necessary]

There, saved a number of you a job :)

Great shame about Burke signing the extension.Good delivery,both aerial and on the deck,and chips in with goals.Vaughan could be the interesting one for me.I'm not interested how he did for us on loan,whilst not match fit.Given a run of games for Huddersfield,he seems to have pace,power and finishing ability.Could be a snip if he could stay fit (but that's been a constant rider for several of our players).Sammon,Martin (when fully match fit),Vaughan and Mason would appear to give us better striking options than we've had for a long time.Other speculated signings seem solid.

8 for me,if Vaughan managed to stay fit.

Grant 7

Forsyth 5 wouldn't say 'he's the future'.

Baptiste 7 at the cost of Brayford? Hope not. Decent defender

Whitehead 6 Another CM? Coutts, Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick... more?!?

Vaughan 4 what's the fuss about? Never understood it. Derby fans man crush.

Grant 7

Agree with all that but a little harsh on Forsyth, I think he could turn into a decent left back who isn't afraid to attack. We really need to replicate what Brayford does on the right, and from what I've seen of Forsyth he looks capable.

Grant 7

Just so I can gauge your marking what would an 8/9 be.. like signing tom ince? Vaughan being a 4 for me would make him worse than all our strikers, including tyson and robinson and about on a par with connor doyle - so obviously we have differences, but, would just wonder who would get you excited for next season.

I know it sometimes isn't an easy task for some people, I would say there are a good majority that would find fault with every championship players.

For Vaughan to be a 4, I would say messi 10, ibra 9, rooney 8, michu 7, lambert 6, rhodes 5... then Vaughan a 4.

I think we need some standardised units..  :lol:

Saying that I am completely opposite end of the spectrum to most people saying Russell, Griffiths, Grigg...etc would be more exciting than James Vaughan, I just don't see it. 

Out of all the strikers mentioned, then James Vaughan is my first choice... the top goalscorers this season..

Murray - Palace - 29 goals. I think he'd cost about 25 thousand a week in wages, and about 4 million.
Rhodes - Blackburn - 28 goals. I think he'd cost 8 million, and around 30 grand a week in wages.
Austin - Burnley - 25 goals. I think he'd cost about 5 million, and around 15 grand a week in wages.
Vydra - Watford - 20 goals. I'm not sure in fairness, around 10million? 
Wood - Leicester/Wall - 20 goals. I think he'd cost about 3.5million and 25k a week in wages.
Deeney - Watford - 19 goals. Around 2.5million and 15k a week in wages.

Ince - Blackpool - 18 goals. Around 15 million, about 30k a week in wages.
Becchio - Norwich - 15 goals. Around 2million, and about 25k a week in wages.
Ebanks-Blake - Wolves - 14 goals. Free(low cost) but around 25k a week in wages.
Nugent - Leicester - 14 goals. 4million and about 35k a week.
Davies - Bristol - 13 goals. About 1million? and 15k a week in wages.
Gayle - Peterborough - 13 goals. about 2million 10k a week in wages.
King - Birmingham - 13 goals. about 1million, 15k a week in wages.
Vaughan - Huddersfield - 13 goals. about 750k, about 10k a week in wages.
McDonald - Middlesborough - 12 goals. About 1.5million, around 10k a week.
Ward - Derby - 12 goals... how much would you expect? about 2million? well.. that makes Vaughan seem a bit more reasonable, does it not? 

Just so I can gauge your marking what would an 8/9 be.. like signing tom ince? Vaughan being a 4 for me would make him worse than all our strikers, including tyson and robinson and about on a par with connor doyle - so obviously we have differences, but, would just wonder who would get you excited for next season.

I know it sometimes isn't an easy task for some people, I would say there are a good majority that would find fault with every championship players.

For Vaughan to be a 4, I would say messi 10, ibra 9, rooney 8, michu 7, lambert 6, rhodes 5... then Vaughan a 4.

I think we need some standardised units.. :lol:

A 10 for me would be like a striker from abroad with a good record. I know, I know. Tito Villa. But it's exciting. A 1 would be an injury prone striker from Dundee who's scored 5 goals in 2 years. Messi would be a 30/10. I'd stop breathing.

Vaughan looks alright to me. But that's it. Just alright. I never see him and think 'that's what we need!'. Not like Palace's midfielders or say Nugent who whether he scores or not I think he's pretty good. Or Snodgrass before his move. What a player.

So I think Vaughan is ok. Then I look at how many games he's not played. The clubs he's not played for and the fact he's been shipped about a bit. His knees seem dodgy. And his best return is 13 goals. Savies, Ward, Theo.... They can do that. Or near enough.

Then the hype around him since his loan here. The "we need someone like Vaughan" comments that only died down about a year ago. I find it a bit underwhelming. I wouldn't mind him here. I judge him when/if he signs. Just don't float my boat.

As daft as it is, if we were signing Juan Sheet from PenelopeCruz FC and he scored 30 in the Fiji Super League I'd be excited. I dream of finding Idiakez, Eranio, Wanchope, Stimac and Asanovic and....

As daft as it is, if we were signing Juan Sheet from PenelopeCruz FC and he scored 30 in the Fiji Super League I'd be excited. I dream of finding Idiakez, Eranio, Wanchope, Stimac and Asanovic and....

Seeing as Clough's scouting network stops at the end of Southend Pier I wouldn't be holding my breath.....

Seeing as Clough's scouting network stops at the end of Southend Pier I wouldn't be holding my breath.....

Scouting networks cost money. Have you seen the price of Football Manager?

This is true....what about all of the 100's of chancer DVD's Clough must get every week from agents, surely he can unearth of gem out of all the dross :)

I wonder if Paul Jewell sent him one?

Great shame about Burke signing the extension.Good delivery,both aerial and on the deck,and chips in with goals.Vaughan could be the interesting one for me.I'm not interested how he did for us on loan,whilst not match fit.Given a run of games for Huddersfield,he seems to have pace,power and finishing ability.Could be a snip if he could stay fit (but that's been a constant rider for several of our players).Sammon,Martin (when fully match fit),Vaughan and Mason would appear to give us better striking options than we've had for a long time.Other speculated signings seem solid.

8 for me,if Vaughan managed to stay fit.

Hi Ramblur, just thinking................ Do you think Burke signed an extension? I would have thought the extra years clause Birmingham have triggered was already part of his contract. In other words it was purely their decision to take it up & continue to pay him for another year. It may or may not be what Burke wants. Birmingham are merely protecting their asset.

Archived