Grant Forsyth Baptiste Whitehead Burke Martin Vaughan

sage

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 for me.

If you want those types of players then these are decent targets. Well, that's my opinion in my limited footballing knowledge as a fan, and nothing more.

It's gone down a mark for me though because you just can't tell me you wouldn't get better for cheaper abroad.

Hopefully the yanks think this is the time to invest and make the promotion push. I tend to agree and if a bit of extra controlled spending gets us up we'll be loaded. The rest of football will look at the way we have been run with the stabilty of a long term manager and admire.

Grant (Morch)

Brayford (Freeman) Keogh (Barker,OB, Buxton) Baptiste Forsyth

Burke (Coutts) Hughes (Whitehead, Bryson) Hendrick Ward (Jacobs)

Vaughan (Sammon, Bennett) Martin

Plus a few up and coming lads like Gjokaj.

I'd reckon that lot would get you in with a very strong shout, but I'd be amazed if we got all the targets mentioned to date.

Grant (Morch)

Brayford (Freeman) Keogh (Barker,OB, Buxton) Baptiste Forsyth

Burke (Coutts) Hughes (Whitehead, Bryson) Hendrick Ward (Jacobs)

Vaughan (Sammon, Bennett) Martin

Plus a few up and coming lads like Gjokaj.

I'd reckon that lot would get you in with a very strong shout, but I'd be amazed if we got all the targets mentioned to date.

Agreed. Its all well and good being linked but will we be able to seal the deal!

if they're what we sign, I'll be surprisingly underwhelmed. Grant is okay. The rest are much of a muchness and in reality not much better than what we already have. None have real pedigree of success.

Grant - Steady, but should've kicked on a couple of years ago when Capello was supposedly looking at him for England.

Forsyth - Decent, but does seem to have a tendency to be easily tricked, a bit like Connolly was a couple years ago.

Baptiste - Steady, but no world beater, has a tendency to make stupid mistakes and lacks a real football brain.

Whitehead - Good workrate, but no better than Bryson and co. Not really an improvement.

Burke - As I've already said, has a lot of involvement in games but if he was any good, Cardiff would've kept him. Not much better than Coutts or Ben Davies IMO

Martin - I like Martin, seems to have intelligence and technical ability, does sometimes seem to lack motivation.

Vaughan - We had him, no better than Tyson. Would rather keep Tyson.

All in all, pretty uninspiring and seemingly scattergun approach as per Paul Jewell in 2008!!

Name a championship winger whose been more consistent in this league then Burke? You wont be able to name many!

Would be very ideal, just what we need. Same goes for Baptistie!

Consistent at what?

if they're what we sign, I'll be surprisingly underwhelmed. Grant is okay. The rest are much of a muchness and in reality not much better than what we already have. None have real pedigree of success.

Grant - Steady, but should've kicked on a couple of years ago when Capello was supposedly looking at him for England.

Forsyth - Decent, but does seem to have a tendency to be easily tricked, a bit like Connolly was a couple years ago.

Baptiste - Steady, but no world beater, has a tendency to make stupid mistakes and lacks a real football brain.

Whitehead - Good workrate, but no better than Bryson and co. Not really an improvement.

Burke - As I've already said, has a lot of involvement in games but if he was any good, Cardiff would've kept him. Not much better than Coutts or Ben Davies IMO

Martin - I like Martin, seems to have intelligence and technical ability, does sometimes seem to lack motivation.

All in all, pretty uninspiring and seemingly scattergun approach as per Paul Jewell in 2008!!

Wow you need to broaden your choices of adjectives beyond the word average

god you're more depressing than eeyore

god you're more depressing than eeyore

Was being representative of the adjectives you used, very low key adjectives at that

just my honest appraisals. We have some decent players here and I dont think they are any better than what we have. Why aren't other clubs in for them. All I see is people getting excited, then three months into the season, the same excited people will be saying we need a whole raft of new players.

We need a Charlie Adam or a Rickie Lambert, not a bunch of steady, hardworking pros. We need someone who can spark something.

Other clubs probably are in for them, for some reason unbeknownst to me Derby are happy for other clubs to know their transfer targets. And behave about Charlie Adam or Lambert we're talking about real footballers here not Fantasy Football stuff

Other clubs probably are in for them, for some reason unbeknownst to me Derby are happy for other clubs to know their transfer targets. And behave about Charlie Adam or Lambert we're talking about real footballers here not Fantasy Football stuff

WHAT?

At the time Blackpool bought Adam, they used a third of the money we gave them for Barker!! 

At the time Southampton bought Lambert, he was cheaper than what we paid for Sammon!!

You have a struggle reading in context don't you? When I say "we need a Lambert", it means someone of similar abilty, stature, influence, not the actual person!!!

WHAT?

At the time Blackpool bought Adam, they used a third of the money we gave them for Barker!! 

At the time Southampton bought Lambert, he was cheaper than what we paid for Sammon!!

You have a struggle reading in context don't you? When I say "we need a Lambert", it means someone of similar abilty, stature, influence, not the actual person!!!

so why can't the players we've been linked with be unable to do that. Don't rule people out before they've even signed

Archived