Ben Davies

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got to agree with RamNut, and Jimbob, I think Ben Davies has looked every bit the competent professional and team player this season, and I think the reaction of his team-mates when he scored against Dirty L**ds said a lot about what they think of him.

I think the pressure of being "Kris Commons' replacement" has gone, and the burden has been lifted. It tells in his steady and reliable performances. 

I'd have given him more games and relieved Coutts of pressure this season.

Wouldn't be concerned to see him go - he's scored some important goals, but he isn't a player that I'd think would be challenging for a first team place next season or any season after.

I'd rather move forward with the space his position would allow.

Excellent squad player, a bit like Buxton, what he lacks in quality he more than makes up for in commitment and passion, which is what you need sometimes in the championship.

I'd be very happy if we handed him a new 2 year deal.

Would be even more happy if Clough came out and said,

'We're expecting Brayford, Bryson, Ward and Fielding all to sign contracts over the next week.'

We can dream aye?

Clough has said that his transfer targets will be dictated by contract situations which will be done first.

This makes me think that we are not in the ascendancy in terms of negotiations. 

I think Bryson might want first team football, even if he is a bit of fans fav.

Ward could play at a higher level if he didnt get injured as much.

Brayford could definitely play at a higher level and earn maybe 20k in the premier league tripling his wage if he was on 7k a week here. We could also get a sizeable fee for him.

Fielding I think will be sold.

Clough has said that his transfer targets will be dictated by contract situations which will be done first.

This makes me think that we are not in the ascendancy in terms of negotiations.

I think Bryson might want first team football, even if he is a bit of fans fav.

Ward could play at a higher level if he didnt get injured as much.

Brayford could definitely play at a higher level and earn maybe 20k in the premier league tripling his wage if he was on 7k a week here. We could also get a sizeable fee for him.

Fielding I think will be sold.

Doesn't mean the players will leave though. We could sign a player to replace them at the end of their contract or when they leave (be that summer or January) give them a season with the squad first.

I think Jacobs was signed as the player to replace Ward.

German the one to develop for when Brayford leaves

Hoganson to replace Roberts (but not developer as wick as hoped so Forsyth coming in)

Doesn't mean the players will leave though. We could sign a player to replace them at the end of their contract or when they leave (be that summer or January) give them a season with the squad first.

I think Jacobs was signed as the player to replace Ward.

German the one to develop for when Brayford leaves

Hoganson to replace Roberts (but not developer as wick as hoped so Forsyth coming in)

I didnt quite understand a bit of that. 

I got your first point about signing players in january or when their contract expires. However all I would say to that is that Clough does NOT do January signings at all. And has publicly said this.

Jacobs could be Ward's replacement but needs more games and at the moment is not as good as Ward and is defensively poor.

I don't know what you mean by German the one to develop. If you are referring to a Brayford replacement it will be Freeman

I don't think Hoganson will be here next season. Forsyth is the Clough's new future left back.   

I didnt quite understand a bit of that.

I got your first point about signing players in january or when their contract expires. However all I would say to that is that Clough does NOT do January signings at all. And has publicly said this.

Jacobs could be Ward's replacement but needs more games and at the moment is not as good as Ward and is defensively poor.

I don't know what you mean by German the one to develop. If you are referring to a Brayford replacement it will be Freeman

I don't think Hoganson will be here next season. Forsyth is the Clough's new future left back.

I meant Freeman but by phone changed it to German

I don't mean Clough would sign players on January. More that if players didn't extend contracts he would sign replacements this Summer(even if the players didn't leave this summer) so they would already be at the club training with the squad etc when players left either in January or next summer

I meant Freeman but by phone changed it to German

I don't mean Clough would sign players on January. More that if players didn't extend contracts he would sign replacements this Summer(even if the players didn't leave this summer) so they would already be at the club training with the squad etc when players left either in January or next summer

Fair point

Archived