something a bit less controversial.

Mostyn6

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Biggest load of codswollop I have read in years - thanks though Bris.. Untouchable knowledge of football yet again  :rolleyes:

My football knowledge is spot on..

Not really sure which players are worse than those above..

Pablo Mills > Shaun 'treatment room' Barker

;)

Steve Cherry

Mick Coop

Paul Blades

Claude Davies

Mick Hopkinson

Mick Brolly

Bob Malcolm

Jonathan Hunt

Paul Emson

Billy Caskey

Bobby Campbell

I could have nightmares thinking about that lot.

Paul Blades was our centre back when we finished fifth in Div 1? Albeit he was alongside Mark Wright, but surely you have seen worse than him?

Paul Blades was our centre back when we finished fifth in Div 1? Albeit he was alongside Mark Wright, but surely you have seen worse than him?

You've got me, I did rattle out those names in a couple of minutes and although he was a poor centre half (and poor full back), I could probably come up with a few who were much worse.

You've got me, I did rattle out those names in a couple of minutes and although he was a poor centre half (and poor full back), I could probably come up with a few who were much worse.

He only really had that one season, that we conned Norwich into splashing out 800k (when that was a lot of money!) and he disappeared without trace. However the three that tried to replace him - Jonathan Davidson, Justin Phillips and Jason Kavanagh were all pretty dreadful...

I didnt think Steve Cherry was that bad, he is only remembered for one mistake that wouldn't have mattered in the context of any other game. Most people forget, or don't realise if they weren't there, that he kept us in the first game almost single handedly and the replay wouldn't have happened without his performance.

In truth I can't remember a really bad goalie so I would have to go for Camp for obvious reasons.

Okay, I'll do my team and therefore the definitive team... I'll go from the first year in the championship - before that I used to go on who had the best boots, so not the best person to ask.

Goalkeeper - Roy Carroll: 30 games - Free Transfer - Haven't seen any really bad goalkeepers to be honest, but 3 stand out for me. The first being Lee Camp, he did, however, have one good season which has saved him, so it falls to Roy Carroll who was the keeper for our worst team in history. 

Left Back - Jordan Stewart: 26 games, 2 goals - Free Transfer -  a lot of players up for this spot, and Mo Camara was the other option - but Camara was part of the most successful defence we've had in years (some how). Jordan Stewart was a tragedy to football, remember playing Leeds in the cup at pride park (they were league one) and Snodgrass went past Stewart more times than I have ever seen in a football match, definitely the worst defensive display I have ever seen, oh, and he couldn't play football either.

Centre Back - Claude Davis: 27 games - 3 million - The worst signing we have ever made, most probably. Undisputed, he should be on everyones list. I haven't seen a defender as bad as him, nor do I ever hope to see one again.

Centre Back - Andy Todd: 30 games, 1 goal - 750k -  one of Clod's partners for our worst year in history, was brought in for the right reasons and his goal was a memorable moment - but he was past it, completely past it and it showed. Both centre backs are pretty much undisputed for my team. 

Right Back - Andy Griffin: 15 games - 300k - He was my biggest frustration during our premier league season, he was just dreadful, had an horrible habit of passing on pressure, being beat on the outside and allowing players to cut in. He was basically nothing more than a road cone. 

Left Midfielder - Eddie Lewis: 24 games - Free - ​the most perplexing signing I have ever witnessed, what is there to say.. he was an aging league one player at best, plying his trade in the premier league. He offered us nothing, and rightfully takes his place in this team.

Centre Midfielder© -  Robbie Savage: 124 games, 7 goals - 1.5 million - I thought he was an inspired signing when we got him, but he couldn't of done much worse. He thought he was light years ahead of his ability, and just seemed to stand around doing little or nothing for long periods of the game, at a great cost may I add. He was 'fun' to have around the place, but brought a bit of a circus and he knew his days were over when he penned that first contract Jewell stuffed under his nose.

Centre Midfielder - Paul Thirlwell: 21 games - Free - another player that stood around doing little or nothing, ability was just awful - he beats an appalling bob malcolm here, on the basis that bob malcolm performed well in the championship(his game against wolves away was one of the best performances of the year infact), thirlwell didn't! He just wasn't good enough, at all.

Right Midfielder - Craig Fagan: 39 games, 1 goal - 1 million - A few reasons why I added Fagan, number one was obviously the big transfer fee, and his inability to cope in the championship and made the team worse! Little or no ability didn't help him, for his worth - he performed better in the premier league, and actually fought for the ball and gave a ****.. but the damage was done.

Striker - Robbie Earnshaw: 22 games, 1 goal - 3.6 million - Our 'record' signing for our 'record' year. It was written, a 3.6million championship striker with a good reputation for getting goals, but doing little else. I think since our team wasn't scoring, he was very much LITTLE else.. infact I recall it was about 3/4 months before he had his first shot on target, awful, awful signing. 

Striker - Luke Varney: 12 games, 2 goals - 1million - I just didn't understand what he offered us in any games, was a worse Theo Robinson, everything about his game was bad - even his so called pace was average, and to me just looked like a supporter had won a competition to play upfront for Derby for the day, embarrassing player. 

Manager - Paul Jewell: 58 games, 20.69% win average - What a coup it was to get Jewell in as manager, the miracle worker with Wigan had a wide reputation and at the time was fantastic for the club. Then reality hit, and it wasn't as rosy as first made out - he made a very bad situation into a record breaking situation with his horrendous man-management skills, and joke tactics. Simply put, he ruined us and we ruined him. 

Roy Carroll

Andy Griffin------Claude Davis--------Andy Todd-------Jordan Stewart
Craig Fagan-------Robbie Savage--------Paul Thirlwell---------Eddie Lewis
Luke Varney---------Robbie Earnshaw

My football knowledge is spot on..

Not really sure which players are worse than those above..

Pablo Mills > Shaun 'treatment room' Barker

;)

Bris you are quite knowledgeable about quite a few aspects but, trust me, if you think Shaun Barker has been worse than Dave Walton, Bjorn Otto Bragstad or Claude Davis then your not quite as knowledgable as I thought.

Nobodies picked Sol Deeny?

1 game 1 red card, come on, cut Roy some slack here.

It'd be too easy to pick the players who hardly played. I could list a load of ineffective loanees or short termers.

Easily pick the likes of Darren Powell (the one who Jewell signed) and Pereplotkins, and Candido Costa, and Blessing Kaku, and Jason Talbot, and Ruben Zadkovic, and Avi Nimni, and so on.

Quy

Grenet

Bragstad

Walton

Camara

Pereplotkins

Hunt

Kuhl

Kaku

Beck

Miller

Wasn't Grenet more of a 'ravenelli' case than actually a BAD player, could be wrong as I was young - but didn't think he was that bad. I just thought his reputation was just too much for him and he didn't really add anything to our side, despite playing in a european cup final.  :blink:

Wasn't Grenet more of a 'ravenelli' case than actually a BAD player, could be wrong as I was young - but didn't think he was that bad. I just thought his reputation was just too much for him and he didn't really add anything to our side, despite playing in a european cup final.  :blink:

I saw him most games and he wasn't very good.

There was a centre half that turned out for us in 1995/96 season (I think) called Simon Webster, we had him on loan from West Ham.

If I remember correctly he made his debut in a 3-0 loss to Wolves.

Undoubtedly the worst ever centre half to pull on a Rams shirt but I don't think he makes the cut because I'm sure we sent him back to West Ham 2 weeks later.

Archived