Alex Baptiste

BorneoRam

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What worries me is people suggesting him at RB. If we have CM at RM in Coutts and a CB at RB in Baptiste then I can see both tucking in too much and leaving the right flank exposed.

What does this mean? Have you ever actually played football? Do you suddenly think that just because a player usually plays in the centre that they would be completely unable to recognise when to be tight to a player out wide, when to to tuck in, when to drop off. When you are playing full back your job is to deal with the threat out wide, I don't suddenly see a player treading on the toes of centre backs just because they haven't played at full back week in week out.

What does this mean? Have you ever actually played football? Do you suddenly think that just because a player usually plays in the centre that they would be completely unable to recognise when to be tight to a player out wide, when to to tuck in, when to drop off. When you are playing full back your job is to deal with the threat out wide, I don't suddenly see a player treading on the toes of centre backs just because they haven't played at full back week in week out.

Players drift in to a position that they feel more comfortable in, whether they mean to or not.

Yes I have played football, what has that got to do with it? I understand the game and have a very good footballing brain, so much so that I have played in every position on the pitch. I have also watched a lot of football, and I also know that whilst players can do a job in some positions, as Baptiste can at RB, I also know that if he was to play 46 games at RB the more the season goes on the further he will tuck in. Just as we have seen with Coutts this season.

Nigel has said this week that he is only looking to bring in experienced Championship players this summer. We have enough young talent and academy promise. When he was talking about being missing Shaun and OB at the beginning of the season there was no mention of O Conner. Do we assume he is going?

Nigel has said this week that he is only looking to bring in experienced Championship players this summer. We have enough young talent and academy promise. When he was talking about being missing Shaun and OB at the beginning of the season there was no mention of O Conner. Do we assume he is going?

Or he will be fit and therefore not missing like Barker and OB will be through injury

• 2 weeks later...

Well spoke to his mum in Ollerton House yesterday afternoon asked her if she knew if he was coming to us and she didnt even know that he was out of contract!!!

Make of that what you will.............

That wasn't Alex Baptiste's mum you prat.

That was Alex W's

ffs

I think we should chant - we're obviously talking to him, make him know the fans are behind the signing and make it a bit more comfortable for him. 

It's a rare opportunity for the fans to, in sorts, tap a player up, or at least make negotiations easier -  but the way some Derby fans were they'll probably hassle him all game and tell him his **** and not to bother coming Derby.

Anyone that says otherwise, and it won't make a difference - is wrong for me. If you're talking to a proposed club and their fans make it known that you're very much wanted, despite playing against them... it'll have a great impact, well IMO. 

Archived