Alex Baptiste

BorneoRam

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Cloughie eh? Nobody ever works with him twice, imagine if Brayford, Legzdins and Bucko had ever worked with him before - we'd have had no defence this season. And he just can't inspire loyalty and generate long term associations in the backroom staff either. Never stick around long do they?

Minor correction NC never worked with Legzdins at Burton, that was Paul Peschisolido

Like claiming Keogh turned down bigger money at Cardiff, or Barker turned down his boyhood club because they were that impressed with the manager, like he's an actual asset to the club or something? Your right, I've gone too far and I'm sorry. :(  

I'd be surprised if Baptiste comes to Derby. Its common knowledge that most Blackpool players are on fairly low wages (even whilst playing in the Prem) - it would stand to reason then that any Blackpool players leaving on a free would seek a contract with wages as high as possible to make the most of their reasonably high profile in this division. So if we're in a race with the likes of Leics or Forest - we aren't going to win that battle.

What I don't understand is the clamour for a permanent CB at all - we have OB & Barker coming back in the autumn according to Clough (I accept Barker may struggle to reach the heights of his pre-injury form) - surely a loan CB as a stop gap til Christmas would be more sensible?

What I don't understand is the clamour for a permanent CB at all - we have OB & Barker coming back in the autumn according to Clough (I accept Barker may struggle to reach the heights of his pre-injury form) - surely a loan CB as a stop gap til Christmas would be more sensible?

Because we aren't guaranteed that Barker will make it back (plus is in his thirties now) and that O'Brien is either good enough or able to string a season of appearances together?

Because we aren't guaranteed that Barker will make it back (plus is in his thirties now) and that O'Brien is either good enough or able to string a season of appearances together?

I think we'd be incredibly unlucky to lose both of them again (assuming they do return in autumn - obviously Clough will know this better than any of us). Even if just one of them returns to full form & fitness, we'd then have 4 first choice CB's with Baptiste on board. Apart from being pretty expensive, its also going to impede the development of a Gjokaj or OB.

Basically, I think our limited resources would be better used elsewhere (LB, gritty CM, CF)

For what its worth, I do think OB is good enough & with his ability in the air is a good foil for Keogh (& potentially a better version of Buxton)

I think we'd be incredibly unlucky to lose both of them again (assuming they do return in autumn - obviously Clough will know this better than any of us). Even if just one of them returns to full form & fitness, we'd then have 4 first choice CB's with Baptiste on board. Apart from being pretty expensive, its also going to impede the development of a Gjokaj or OB.

Basically, I think our limited resources would be better used elsewhere (LB, gritty CM, CF)

For what its worth, I do think OB is good enough & with his ability in the air is a good foil for Keogh (& potentially a better version of Buxton)

To be honest, with their injury history to this point for us, I'd plan for the new season under the assumption that neither Barker nor O'Brien will play next season, and take either of them actually getting to full fitness as a bonus rather than something that we're specifically relying upon.

Didn't he get loaned out by Wolves for me rubbish? No thanks!

Loaned to ipswich, to play for Mick who in all fairness knows more about the players there than any of their subsequent managers. I think it is a good shout but imagine ipswich are in pole position

Archived