Alex Baptiste

BorneoRam

If you look at how we have conceded goals this season, we have conceded too many from crosses/corners/free kicks, which would point to a stronger presence in the air, is Baptiste that type of player, I don't think he is, is he better than Buxton? Again I don't think he is. IMHO he is no better than what we have already.

This is true.

Probably why we are just scouting him at the moment, looking at these sort of things. 

From memory Baptiste is a very quick centre back that doesnt get beaten against teams that play football. Hence why he was good in the premier league. 

As you say his weakness might be aerially, will that then hinder the team, i dont know.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very good player, Aggressive in both the tackle and the air. decent with the ball and good experience.

there will be loads of teams after him, and we would have to make him one of the top earners to get him. Saying that a good back 4 is the platform to success.

gawwwwn Clough, go get him.

I think if Brayford was not to sign a new contract he'll be sold this summer, for twice that he would be sold for come January.

Freeman------Keogh-------Baptiste------Forsyth/New LB

This would be my starting backline without Brayford, Freeman's more then capable of playing in this division and will only get better, and signing a new 3 year contract shows that Clough sees him being more of a regular in the coming seasons. My only concern is he does seem to pick up a few niggling injuries

I agree with a few people, Forsyth is better than what we have for now, but I feel we can do better..

He's tall, good in the air and strong but he lacks so much pace it's unreal, doesn't get forward enough either.

I would prefer Aidy White.

aidy white would cost money.

Aidy White is 2 times the player of Forsyth and can also play RW, perfect fit for us when Coutts has a drop in form.

But Aidy White is 5 times the price.

White apparently due to signing a new contract last season would need a bid of around 800k-1 million.

Forsyth even if Watford don't get promoted would only be 100-200k. 

Put yourselves in Nigels shoes...... what would you do, not what you would like to do (ie. walk into the board room and demand 1 million) what you would realistically to. Cough up the money or stick with forsyth. I havent even mentioned the wage difference that would be huge.

Nigel could end up not buying either of them as well though.

Archived