Alex Baptiste

BorneoRam

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/10435211.Wanderers_beat_the_pack_to_land_Baptiste/

11:25am Wednesday 22nd May 2013 in Latest Exclusive By Marc Iles

WANDERERS have beaten clubs from the Championship and the Premier League to the signing of Blackpool defender Alex Baptiste on a free transfer.

The 27-year-old defender had several options on the table, including newly-promoted Hull City, but it is understood that he has agreed a three-year deal with the Whites this morning, subject to a medical.

Baptiste – who skippered Blackpool last season and had the option of another year at Bloomfield Road – can play in a variety of positions across the back four, but primarily as a right back.

The fact he already lived in the area was probably a strong pull. Bolton could definitely be a good side next year.

If we did sign him I think theres a good chance we would of been paying over the odds in wages for him anyway. Seems like he had the pick of a lot of clubs.

Yeah fair play to Bolton - they have a strong team and now just adding to it. 

I don't think we are financially capable to compete with them, I have no doubt all teams in the top end of the championship would have gone for him - time to move on, look at option number 2.

Option 2: How about keep Brayford and play him at centre back when required, get a much cheaper option as centre half cover and spend more money in the attacking area?

Because defensively we are weakest - one more striker to chip is in hardly the be all end all.

LB CB are needed

RM is needed

ST is needed

another CM would be nice, as would another LB.

and if anyone goes (like Bray) then we'll need to replace accordingly. 

Because defensively we are weakest - one more striker to chip is in hardly the be all end all.

LB CB are needed

RM is needed

ST is needed

another CM would be nice, as would another LB.

and if anyone goes (like Bray) then we'll need to replace accordingly. 

Just an avenue worth considering - I do agree that we did make more errors defensively last season and it requires improving.

If Baptiste would have signed, it would have been easier to sell Brayford in my opinion.

Probably go after Broadfoot now. Dissapointed to have missed out on Baptiste, very good defender in this league, but I expect he'll do very well at Bolton. Good manager and putting together a good squad with Baptiste and Tierney signed recently - two very capable defenders along with Knight and Mears making up the back line.

Plus the likes of Chris Eagles, Keith Andrews and Mark Davies they have a good squad. 

Might have a few £££ on them at 7/2 for promotion next season

Yes, and I don't even say 'hi' when he is walking his pooch.

reading between the lines, Mr Burns ignores ambitious and other "nothing" people. Obviously he dunna shut his pint hole when he bumps into me.

Yes, and I don't even say 'hi' when he is walking his pooch.

reading between the lines, Mr Burns ignores ambitious and other "nothing" people. Obviously he dunna shut his pint hole when he bumps into me.

Off to the mighty Bolton  

. East Midlands Today just said Derby have missed one of their transfer targets.

Booo, Clough out

Never really imagined in a million years he was going to come to us so not too fussed, what I am concerned about now is whether he was ever one of Cloughs genuine transfer targets, if so then sincerely hope he has a back up Plan B for a player who's equally as good as Baptiste, could do without another hard luck story at the start of next season from Clough and Rush

Archived