The Will Hughes Conspiracy theory

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Sam Rush say something at a Q&A about if he was sold then we'd have a loan-back for a season, and then something about "I'll be amazed if he'd not playing for Derby next season"

All seems consistent with the rumours. Doesn't mean it's true, but if Sam Rush is thinking it, and saying it out loud around the club, it's no wonder that rumours like this get out.

I'm not bothered – sounds a great deal, we get to strengthen AND keep Hughes for a season. We'd never keep him for another season, and we lose the risk of his value dropping next year through injury or a dip in form.

I doubt he would be sold, although he's had 9 or 10 good games for us, I doubt there are teams willing to spend the reported 8-10 million on him. Would be a massive gamble, and without trying to sound like Bris, £8 million would buy Arsenal 1 or 2 players that would go into their squad immediately, whereas Hughes would have to wait a couple of seasons I think.

I think the management are airing on the side of caution with him, watching the Michael Owen interview, he stated he played lots of games at a very young age, and was a regular at the age of 17. He said the amount of games he'd played compared to the likes of Ryan Giggs at his age. When Owen was 20 he had made 30 more appearances than Giggs at the age of 20, which is nearly a whole premiership campaign! 

This must of took a strain on his body, and he payed for it later in his career, with Owen retiring at 33, and Giggs still going strong at nearly 40. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hughes in the gym, working on his physique a bit, getting a bit stronger to make him more of a goal threat. There's no need to rush him and hamper his career, we're not getting promoted, and we're not getting relegated, he may as well sit back, relax and get ready for next season.

I doubt he would be sold, although he's had 9 or 10 good games for us, I doubt there are teams willing to spend the reported 8-10 million on him. Would be a massive gamble, and without trying to sound like Bris, £8 million would buy Arsenal 1 or 2 players that would go into their squad immediately, whereas Hughes would have to wait a couple of seasons I think.

I think the management are airing on the side of caution with him, watching the Michael Owen interview, he stated he played lots of games at a very young age, and was a regular at the age of 17. He said the amount of games he'd played compared to the likes of Ryan Giggs at his age. When Owen was 20 he had made 30 more appearances than Giggs at the age of 20, which is nearly a whole premiership campaign! 

This must of took a strain on his body, and he payed for it later in his career, with Owen retiring at 33, and Giggs still going strong at nearly 40. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hughes in the gym, working on his physique a bit, getting a bit stronger to make him more of a goal threat. There's no need to rush him and hamper his career, we're not getting promoted, and we're not getting relegated, he may as well sit back, relax and get ready for next season.

the thing that ruined Michael Owen was Gerard Houllier putting him on a intensive upper body strength regime which totally put his body and muscle structure out of sync. He didn't need a bulky top half cos his balance relied on his slight upper body. He never recovered from that impact.

Shabash, just out of interest, what makes your source so reliable? What info have you had of them before? Only ask because I've never seen you post anything before that wasn't already public knowledge.

I don't see this source very often or speak to him because of the age gap I am 17 our paths don't cross. I can't really say anything about the source but if I said director that could make you think. Don't worry its not an actual director dont get your hopes up. 

As for info off them before, as I said I hardly ever see them or speak to them and in all honesty can't think of another bit of info I have had off them in the past off the top of my head. So thats why I haven't posted much unknown knowledge previously. 

However there have been times when I have known things way in advance and just not put it on the forum because I couldn't. These things have come from a different source and if I told you the source I don't think anybody would question.

As for this Will Hughes Conspiracy my source said that his sources (that might give something away) refuse to believe it. When i heard that I thought, so is it true and they just cant believe what they are hearing. So pretty much there is a big possibility it could happen is the way I am looking at it. And as I said in my initial post the source could be talking rubbish we don't know I just thought i would put on the forum to get others people thoughts and it turns out others have heard it too, so there is reason to believe.

Finally I have one other source so 3 in total, who is again very well informed. But you guys could just think I am talking rubbish which is fair enough I won't hold anything against you as I have no proof whatsoever. 

If he is sold in the summer why would we want him back on loan next season?

I think he has the potential to be an incredible player... when he's like 22/23 (and after that)... but next season why not spend the money we get for him elsewhere? Cos Hendrick and Bryson still looked pretty impressive against Ipswich for me...

If he is sold in the summer why would we want him back on loan next season?

I think he has the potential to be an incredible player... when he's like 22/23 (and after that)... but next season why not spend the money we get for him elsewhere? Cos Hendrick and Bryson still looked pretty impressive against Ipswich for me...

My personal opinion is that he would be an improvement on what we currently have.

I would prefer Hendrick/Hughes or Bryson/Hughes to Hendrick/Bryson

But as you say if he was sold, we would definitely cope.

CM is not our problem, its attacking pace on the wing, centre half and striking.

My personal opinion is that he would be an improvement on what we currently have.

I would prefer Hendrick/Hughes or Bryson/Hughes to Hendrick/Bryson

But as you say if he was sold, we would definitely cope.

CM is not our problem, its attacking pace on the wing, centre half and striking.

Hendrick is undroppable. He's played himself into an automatic choice when fit. Along with Brayford, Bryson and Keogh.

He's the one player we've got who drives at the opponents with the ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see interest in Jeff from the PL during the summer. He's going to be a PL player by the time he's 23. Hopefully that's with us.

I'll put my tin hat on again here, hell why not?

Bryson is another who could do a job in the PL, Jeff will become a real player (better than doing a job) Will is pure class but I'd still prefer a "man" in the middle right now. 

Whether Will stays or goes, first choice central midfield for me next year is Bryson and Hendrick.

Unless we sign a Phil Neville type then all bets are off.

Why not just wait and see what happens in the summer.

Its more than likely he will go in the summer his been linked with top clubs all year. We dont desperatly need him back this season.

Jeff and Bryso are more than good enough for us when fit. Were pretty much safe, why not bring in another youth player to play centre mid for a game or so. Could be the next Will Hughes.

Hendrick is undroppable. He's played himself into an automatic choice when fit. Along with Brayford, Bryson and Keogh.

He's the one player we've got who drives at the opponents with the ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see interest in Jeff from the PL during the summer. He's going to be a PL player by the time he's 23. Hopefully that's with us.

I'll put my tin hat on again here, hell why not?

Bryson is another who could do a job in the PL, Jeff will become a real player (better than doing a job) Will is pure class but I'd still prefer a "man" in the middle right now. 

Whether Will stays or goes, first choice central midfield for me next year is Bryson and Hendrick.

Unless we sign a Phil Neville type then all bets are off.

Bryson could not do a job in the premier league.

The worst central midfields in the premier ship...

Ndiae and Gardner

Mcarthy and Gomez

Mbia and Jenas

Delph and Westwood

Bryson isnt better than any of them, he could be on a par with Jenas, Westwood and Delph.

But three of them are likely to be relegated. It depends what you deem 'do a job' 

Bryson could not do a job in the premier league.

The worst central midfields in the premier ship...

Ndiae and Gardner

Mcarthy and Gomez

Mbia and Jenas

Delph and Westwood

Bryson isnt better than any of them, he could be on a par with Jenas, Westwood and Delph.

But three of them are likely to be relegated. It depends what you deem 'do a job' 

Well were not in the prem were in the championship so it doesnt matter. At this level Bryson is a good player for us.

Archived