The Will Hughes Conspiracy theory

ChaddesdenRam

I have heard again of another source today, who is well informed (look at it how you will, i dont normally speak to him but he tends to know things) that Will Hughes is being purchased. Arsenal is the destination and his suposed groin injury is not apparent. 

Now there are two ways to look at this:

1. You can say, no this is rumours, he has an injury and Nigel would be looking to get him game time as quick as possible, especially with the small squad that we have. He is a derby player we shall make sure he does not get injured because we want him to play well for Derby next season. 

2. There is a possibility that this is the case, a 0% injury risk prior to the summer. The things that would support the claim are little things like Clough in his interview today saying 'is it worth risking him with 5 games to go', the source also said that part of the reason why he is not playing is that he was this big young star valued by Derby at 8 million pounds. However a game against Nottingham Forest where he picked up a couple of injuries in the ankle and knee highlighted his physical weaknesses and began to lower his value. By wrapping him in cotton wool so to speak could be the most beneficial option for the club, selling him and getting him loaned back to us. Furthermore you can look at another of Clough's interviews where he speaks about Hughes' injury being beneficial for the player, who says that? Saying that he is bulking up in the gym to be a better physical player. 

My opinion is that this is rumours. 

But you can see why it is believable.

Do we think it is true? and do we think it is actually a good thing if it is true?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that he's sold as long as he's fit. Heard it from a full time coach at moor farm but only coaches the young kids. Don't know if its reliable or not as he's never come up with any gossip before

Exactly there has to be some substance to this, but I just cant bring myself to believe a club could do this to its fans

They said Hulse was leaving, but it was just rumours, he's still here isn't he?

Haha

Hulse watch.....6th April 2013, 7pm.......he's still a Derby player.

Haha

Where's the pub, I need beer..........

Why would agree to not play him?

Surely the only way we'd do that is if we already had the cash for him, in which case, surely the buyers would want him in their reserves at least. It's not as though he's 'developing' with us, whilst not playing matches.

The loan window has only just closed, it would be far more likely that he'd just go on loan with an agreed fee in the summer.

So I reckon that purely from logic - its complete cobblers

A work colleague of mine who supposedly knows people behind the scenes has told me he has been sold to Man City. Don't know if he's chatting ****, but he doesn't come across as someone who would make stuff up.

Archived