The Will Hughes Conspiracy theory

ChaddesdenRam

A work colleague of mine who supposedly knows people behind the scenes has told me he has been sold to Man City. Don't know if he's chatting ****, but he doesn't come across as someone who would make stuff up.

Same hear my source doesn't tend to talk bull

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only problem I have with this is... why wouldn't the club just come out and tell us, there is no need for the conspiracy theory.

Will Hughes will be a fantastic player, but we're not going to miss him too much in the near future - so unless it's for a ridiculously low fee, say less than 2 million, then I don't see why we would hide it. 

I said during his purple patch I would be happy for him to go, he is a fantastic player - but he needs better players around him to prosper, and we need better players currently to improve.

Sell him for a big fee, and it's a win-win for us and whoever signs him. 

The only problem I have with this is... why wouldn't the club just come out and tell us, there is no need for the conspiracy theory.

Will Hughes will be a fantastic player, but we're not going to miss him too much in the near future - so unless it's for a ridiculously low fee, say less than 2 million, then I don't see why we would hide it.

I said during his purple patch I would be happy for him to go, he is a fantastic player - but he needs better players around him to prosper, and we need better players currently to improve.

Sell him for a big fee, and it's a win-win for us and whoever signs him.

They would never make people publically aware of this because if arsenal, man city etc knew that we were saving him for a deal, that implies derby want to cash in. Therefore arsenal could bid less because they already know derby will accept a lower bid.

Also if Sam rush said, yes we aren't playing will, he doesn't actually have an injury instead we are saving him for the summer. People would go ape. Season ticket holders pay to watch great football and they don't pay for a player to sit around moor farm all day signing autographs and going to the gym when he could be playing. There would be outrage and protests for sure

They would never make people publically aware of this because if arsenal, man city etc knew that we were saving him for a deal, that implies derby want to cash in. Therefore arsenal could bid less because they already know derby will accept a lower bid.

Also if Sam rush said, yes we aren't playing will, he doesn't actually have an injury instead we are saving him for the summer. People would go ape. Season ticket holders pay to watch great football and they don't pay for a player to sit around moor farm all day signing autographs and going to the gym when he could be playing. There would be outrage and protests for sure

You said he had already been sold, to me that means fee agreed etc. So not playing him and being open shouldn't effect the price

Oh but then we have conflicting reports - one reliable source saying Arsenal, another saying Man City.

But now we are saving him to be sold in the summer - making him appear injured will harm his value what's the point

he hasn't been sold, but there is a chance he might be in the summer for the right offer.

Unrelated to this he has picked up an injury and isn't for enough to play, nor worth risking.

I think he's being protected for his long term future. I think Nigel played him more times than he would of liked. If a big offer comes in I think it will only happen if it suits Hughes.

Trust Nigel with his fella. And Bennett.

Hughes is our payday and our best player. The only conspiracy I see is that he's being looked after even if the team could do with him. A burned out 17yr old is no use to anyone

I just think he's been told to work on his fitness and muscle in the gym ready for next season. Bryson and Hendrick have been doing fine in CM so there's no point trying to rush him back.

Can we stop this with utter bullsh*t conspiracy theory nonsense. It just doesn't add up. Sam Rush said at the Q & A that if he were to be sold, he'd be loaned back to us for a season then go on to play for whoever he would be sold to. So he's not exactly being protected for another club if we're going to use him anyway next season

Or maybe it's just Sam Rush and Nigel being complete liars to the fans.......

I heard a ridiculously far-fetched rumour too. It went along these lines...

"No club would ever risk not playing somebody in the attempt to preserve a player's value or as part of an arrangement with another club in relation to the terms of a pre-sale that is not due to take place for several months when there is/was a distinct possibility that said club could actually be relegated by taking such action."

Silly, eh?

Well I've heard that hughes went up to clough asking for a pay rise to which he replied "there's no use asking me, I won't be hear next year" make of that what you will.

Clough going deaf? Will that change his tactics?

Heard similar.....

That aside, a mate of mine is a Burnley fan and they did something similar with Jay Rodriquez last season. He didn't play for the last month or 2 and then made a comeback on the last day as an 80th minute substitute to say goodbye to the fans, before being sold for 7m... 

To be fair I have also heard that he is sold. I have not heard about a conspiracy and I think he is Injured and doing some weight training at the moment.

I heard he was sold to city by my contact and loaned back to us next season for the full season with no Recall from the parent club.

I think it's a good bit of buisness really..

Archived