Let's save Sammon! Help the poor lad. Poll.

Boycie

Support for Sammon  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit to being an idiot. 

You still in denial?

Is it necessary for you to ruin another thread?

If you don't like me or my opinions, then quite simply, just ignore them.

I ignore you generally, and all the other daft kids who don't understand things properly.

Is it necessary for you to ruin another thread?

If you don't like me or my opinions, then quite simply, just ignore them.

I ignore you generally, and all the other daft kids who don't understand things properly.

Please don't ignore me generally. Ignore me totally, then we're both happy!

I hate it when the crowd turn on a player.

Especially if the player is a trier.

However craap the player is, the fans are worse.

It is really embarrassing

And derby fans think we are a bit better than most

Well let me be honest.........you aren't.

This now happens too often

it used to be once a blue moon.....steve biggins....mikkel beck.....bjorn otto bragstad

But now its all the fkn time

Mceverley was not my favourite player, but i will never forget the abuse i saw him taking from some fans on one occassion at full time.

It was horrific.

I'm sorry but i don't think fans have the right to dish out that sort of abuse.

And it is obviously counter productive

Sammon is the scape goat for all the various frustrations

Now..... Get off his back you waankers.

you do realise that most of the ironic cheers and chanting was from the Bristol City fans last night?

I didn't hear Bristol fans all night, so why would start chanting about a Derby player they properly never heard of? I sat in South East corner and it was very clear the singing and jeering was from my corner (would like to add I didn't join in)

Reading through all this it seems that although sammon may not be the player we are looking for, while he pulls on a Derby shirt and gives 100% for the club we will support him. The Brizzle fans were not singing about Sammon it was clearly coming from our own section I thought that was wrong. It is nice to see the majority of people on here even if they do not think he is the man for us are prepared to give him a chance.

I think the people who said no should take a serious look at themselves. They've just said that they are not willing to support a derby county player and quite frankly that is appalling. You should support everyone whether you're a fan or not. I don't rate Doyle but if he plays I'll cheer him on. I don't like like ward but if he plays I'll cheer him on. The way Sammon has been treated by our fans is a disgrace.

I voted no and I'm just as big a Derby fan as any of you. I don't agree with abusing the guy of course and obviously any player should be supported while playing

However I'm not 'behind' him because I think he's not good enough. Clough freezes out people left right and centre that he doesn't like but will play this guy through thick and thin because he likes him and because he doesn't want to acknowledge that he has dropped a clanger with the very limited funds made available to him

He has got to be moved on in the summer somehow. He is a striker that doesn't score goals and  thats not acceptable regardless of whatever other contribution he makes, working hard, occupying the centre halves, whatever 

I voted no and I'm just as big a Derby fan as any of you. I don't agree with abusing the guy of course and obviously any player should be supported while playing

However I'm not 'behind' him because I think he's not good enough. Clough freezes out people left right and centre that he doesn't like but will play this guy through thick and thin because he likes him and because he doesn't want to acknowledge that he has dropped a clanger with the very limited funds made available to him

He has got to be moved on in the summer somehow. He is a striker that doesn't score goals and thats not acceptable regardless of whatever other contribution he makes, working hard, occupying the centre halves, whatever

Or maybe Clough with his many years in the game recognises the stuff Sammon does that benefits the team, and for that reason keeps him in the team. For me Friday was a good game from Sammon.

I'll be starting a non sarcastic chorus of feed the fish at Leeds tomorrow, so feel free to join in.

Actually just thought, now the divs have boooed and constantly taken the piss, how would he know if it was or it wasn't.

Yes he should definitely be ripping the net out more often but he knows that.

Come on Connor lad, put a couple past the DYB and all will be forgotten.

Archived