Jeff Hendrick is brilliant

Curtains

Yes. Needs a ball player alongside him. He has an able box-to-box player in Bryson but misses Hughes' ability to play the first time ball and create space.

Indeed.

But this brings in the dilemma.

Clough has said that he wants to play all 3 in midfield. However that leaves the problem that bryson or hughes has to play out wide or we play 451. (which is the sole reason for our away form, sticking with a rubbish 451 formation away from home for soooo long) so 451 is not an option 

Clough could quite easily play this formation 352 and then be able to play Bryson Hendrick and Hughes but its so different and abstract, would it work????

Fielding

Brayford Keogh Buxton

Coutts          Hughes           Forsyth

Hendrick Bryson

Martin Ward

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed.

Clough has said that he wants to play all 3 in midfield. However that leaves the problem that bryson or hughes has to play out wide or we play 451. (which is the sole reason for our away form, sticking with a rubbish 451 formation away from home for soooo long) so 451 is not an option 

Clough could quite easily play this formation 352 and then be able to play Bryson Hendrick and Hughes but its so different and abstract, would it work????

Fielding

Brayford Keogh Buxton

Hendrick Bryson

Martin Ward

I'm still not convinced by Martin, especially if he had to do more work, which he would alongside Ward. I would also consider Brayford at Right Midfield with Gjokaj in the back three. In principle, however, the line-up looks solid.

p.s. I have a conspiracy theory that Hughes and Brayford are being wrapped in cotton wool ready to be sold in the Summer.

I'm still not convinced by Martin, especially if he had to do more work, which he would alongside Ward. I would also consider Brayford at Right Midfield with Gjokaj in the back three. In principle, however, the line-up looks solid.

p.s. I have a conspiracy theory that Hughes and Brayford are being wrapped in cotton wool ready to be sold in the Summer.

Firstly I think Martin would play in this formation over sammon because:

In the 442 there are only two central midfielders, therefore Sammon has to do a ridiculous amount of running up top which is very valuable to the team which ever way you look at it. Now in this formation the extra cm means that Martin and Ward can drop or occupy a higher position forcing the opposition defensive to be deeper or hoof it long, this reduces the need for Sammon to run 12k+ every game when we could have 3 closing down instead of 2. Also Martin > Sammon in every aspect of being a striker except pace and work rate. 

The only reason I put Brayford at RCB is because i think him a Coutts are class.

I love the conspiracy though i heard it a while back and it sounds feasible but then really, they are both injured thats it to be honest.

Oh finally the thing about this formation is that it could very very easily just fall back to a 442 if need be. With Brayford changing to RB and Forsyth at LB.

Firstly I think Martin would play in this formation over sammon because:

In the 442 there are only two central midfielders, therefore Sammon has to do a ridiculous amount of running up top which is very valuable to the team which ever way you look at it. Now in this formation the extra cm means that Martin and Ward can drop or occupy a higher position forcing the opposition defensive to be deeper or hoof it long, this reduces the need for Sammon to run 12k+ every game when we could have 3 closing down instead of 2. Also Martin > Sammon in every aspect of being a striker except pace and work rate. 

The only reason I put Brayford at RCB is because i think him a Coutts are class.

I love the conspiracy though i heard it a while back and it sounds feasible but then really, they are both injured thats it to be honest.

Oh finally the thing about this formation is that it could very very easily just fall back to a 442 if need be. With Brayford changing to RB and Forsyth at LB.

Hughes has been out for an awfully long time though with this groin injury...

Indeed.

Fielding

Brayford Keogh Buxton

Hendrick Bryson

Martin Ward

I would like that, only I would put Brayford RM/RWB with Keogh, Buxton and O'Connor at CB.

• 6 months later...

Must be a bit odd for Hendrick - you wonder what McClaren will know about him, other than that he in an international? 

If he is using Eustace more, or a defensive midfielder then Hendrick might have a fight on his hands to get back into the team and that for me is where he is at his best.

Last season he started off poorly until he was dropped, came back a new player and so far this season he showed his quality but didn't put himself out which was frustrating. A few games I watch (over on ramsplayer) he had the minimum amount to do out of everyone more often than not, but everything he did was good - so, don't know.

Sooner he is back, the better (anyway) 

• 2 years later...
On March 30, 2013 at 19:53, eddie said:

Jeff Hendrick has the potential to be a very fine midfield player. He's not that yet - I'm inclined to almost agree with Bris here, but I would suggest that the use of 'average' is a little unfair - he's probably already good enough to hold his place in a 'top 6' Championship side.

Like Forest.

:p  

Bump

Archived