Jeff Hendrick is brilliant

Curtains

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On March 30, 2013 at 20:53, Daveo said:

Jack Wilshere 21, DOB 1st January 1992

Jeff Hendrick 21, DOB 31st January 1992

Jeff Hendrick is a good player, he has potential, but other players at the same age are miles ahead of him. I fear it's too late for maybe one member and this would fall on deaf eyes but don't get carried away. If Jeff Hendrick was "brilliant" he would be a regular starter for his country.

Really funny ones a regular now for his country the other is always injured  

PS It's not the midfield that is the weak link in the Derby team.

Why the hell did Clement put Wiemann on for Butterfield yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Really funny ones a regular now the other is always injured  

PS It's not the midfield that is the weak link in the Derby team.

Why the hell did Clement put Wiemann on for Butterfield yesterday. 

Why are you quoting from 2013?

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Because you always think you never say stupid things. 

You give anyone the choice of a fully fit Hendrick or Wilshere and see who people choose.

If Hendrick was as brilliant as you try to make out he would not be at Derby still.

A fully fit Derby squad and he wouldn't even be first choice.

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

You give anyone the choice of a fully fit Hendrick or Wilshere and see who people choose.

If Hendrick was as brilliant as you try to make out he would not be at Derby still.

A fully fit Derby squad and he wouldn't even be first choice.

So he would be good enough for a team that beat Germany the World Champions and yet would be not good enough for Derby County. .

I suggest you should look at other areas of this Derby team for negatives. 

Just now, curtains said:

So he would be good enough for a team that beat Germany the World Champions and yet would be not good enough for Derby County. .

So because Ireland once embarrassed Germany he should start for us?

I'm not a Jeff hater but Hughes, Johnson, Butterfield, Thorne and Bryson if fully fit all offer more and for me would be ahead of Hendrick.

Is Hendrick a decent squad player to have around? Yes. Is he brilliant? Far from it.

2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

So because Ireland once embarrassed Germany he should start for us?

I'm not a Jeff hater but Hughes, Johnson, Butterfield, Thorne and Bryson if fully fit all offer more and for me would be ahead of Hendrick.

Is Hendrick a decent squad player to have around? Yes. Is he brilliant? Far from it.

Thorne should have not started yesterday he clearly wasn't 100 percent fit from the off .

"Decent squad player to have around " that is such a profound statement and clearly way off the mark. 

Ive said before don't start with Johnson and Thorne together in midfield they are too similar.

Just now, curtains said:

Thorne should have not started yesterday he clearly wasn't 100 percent fit from the off .

"Decent squad player to have around " that is such a profound statement and clearly way off the mark. 

It's a bang on statement, it's ok highlighting the Germany game but what did he do yesterday in a Championship game?

He goes missing far too often, never grabs hold of a game and controls it, just floats in and out like a luxury winger and when centre mid is such a key position until he develops some kind of consistency he will never be first choice.

In another 3 years quote me again, I'll have a bet with you that Hendrick doesn't become an established Premier League player which if he was brilliant he would be.

You are over rating him massively. In my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Daveo said:

It's a bang on statement, it's ok highlighting the Germany game but what did he do yesterday in a Championship game?

He goes missing far too often, never grabs hold of a game and controls it, just floats in and out like a luxury winger and when centre mid is such a key position until he develops some kind of consistency he will never be first choice.

In another 3 years quote me again, I'll have a bet with you that Hendrick doesn't become an established Premier League player which if he was brilliant he would be.

You are over rating him massively. In my opinion.

You can't just look at one aspect of a teams performance. 

Blend in midfield is vital as it is throughout the team. 

Clement got it wrong yesterday and I don't care if people come back saying we are 2nd in the League and he's a good manager which he clearly is  

1st goal yesterday Wiemann clears straight to the opposition and then Christie doesn't move up for the through ball past his central defenders and plays the scorer onside after Keogh had moved up  

Butterfield was doing ok at 0-0 so why change it  . 

PS Hull away Hendrick and Butterfield were brilliant  .

5 hours ago, curtains said:

I suggest you should look at other areas of this Derby team for negatives. 

pretty sure Emile Heskey was part of a team that beat Germany....would you have him at Derby?

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

pretty sure Emile Heskey was part of a team that beat Germany....would you have him at Derby?

At that time in his career I most certainly would have. Massively under rated and both Liverpool and England were much better with him in the side. 

Archived