Jeff Hendrick is brilliant

Curtains

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't Orlandi sometimes play centrally behind the forwards?

Not saying there's owt wrong with rating Hendrick. Just trying to strike balance.

Just because Whittingham is out the news nowadays he's consistently an 7 or 8/10 player for a consistently top NPC side. In fact their midfield are all pretty good individually.

Alpha your winding us up m8. Jeff was the difference last night.

I'm not mate. Last night was Derby v Bristol. No other midfielders on show.

Just striking a balance. These are fellow NPC players that he's competing against if he's going to get a transfer to Norwich or Villa or whoever else

Whittingham was poor with us. Jeff is outstanding ill never change my mind.

Whittingham was a young LB then.

Orlandi was at Barcelona I think? Times change.

I'm honestly just asking if you've took into account these players. That's all.

Personally I think Hughes can do a lot more than Hendrick because its natural to him. Instinctive. Hendrick has to think. Hughes just does it.

I like Jeff btw. I think he's important to us.

...do you ever have anything good to say? If his name were Juan Hernandéz and playing for Brighton you'd be struggling to type on your sticky keyboard when talking about him.

I'd say what Bris said was a compliment.

Hendrick is one of the better players in an average Championship team. That does flatter him a bit but there's no point trying to belittle what he is or what he does. He's got a much better head on him that Bryson who often goes missing in games and doesn't take the responsibility that Hendrick does. He's always willing to take the ball and run with it and when he's not doing that, he's got his head up looking for a pass. He's not go the vision or passing range of Hughes but he uses his noggin to make him a very effective player. Oh, and he's got a good shot on him.

He can sometimes be underwhelming (especially away from home), but we forget his age because of his playing style. He's a 20 year old trying to play like an experienced and calm CM way before his time and he won't always get it right.

Lets not kid ourselves, he's not world class and he won't ever play for a top, top team but I expect he'll do his country proud and will have a decent career at a higher level.

Remember the level we're playing at. If you look good in a mid-table Championship side at 20 years old, that means you're looking at someone who will eventually become an average PL player. So I agree with Bris on that.

He was the difference last night, yes, but that's not saying much in a dull game with little tempo against a team that's bottom of the league and terrible away from home.

Archived