Jeff Hendrick is brilliant

Curtains

Jeff Hendrick has the potential to be a very fine midfield player. He's not that yet - I'm inclined to almost agree with Bris here, but I would suggest that the use of 'average' is a little unfair - he's probably already good enough to hold his place in a 'top 6' Championship side.

Like Forest.

:p  

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your point? Kris Commons scored the winner against Man Utd in 2009..

Fun fact.

He wasn't good enough to get into Forest's line up half the time either - in league 1.

Well there's no changing your mind Curtains! So I respect your opinion. All opinions have the same weight here

Let's just both hope he keeps improving eh? Derby need improvement to take us out of mid table nothingness and onto more exciting times!

If Hendrick was Spanish he'd already have a World Cup under his belt.

hahaha, I hope that's said tongue-in-cheek? When the likes of Fabregas and Alonso cannot get a regular start, and Arteta can't get in a squad, I doubt Hendrick would even be considered. He's got a long long way to improve to get anywhere close to consideration as that good. ie.Top 4 Prem side or Top 2 La Liga side.

hahaha, I hope that's said tongue-in-cheek? When the likes of Fabregas and Alonso cannot get a regular start, and Arteta can't get in a squad, I doubt Hendrick would even be considered.

Wahhhhhhahahhahahahaha!

Jack Wilshere 21, DOB 1st January 1992

Jeff Hendrick 21, DOB 31st January 1992

Jeff Hendrick is a good player, he has potential, but other players at the same age are miles ahead of him. I fear it's too late for maybe one member and this would fall on deaf eyes but don't get carried away. If Jeff Hendrick was "brilliant" he would be a regular starter for his country.

hahaha, I hope that's said tongue-in-cheek? When the likes of Fabregas and Alonso cannot get a regular start, and Arteta can't get in a squad, I doubt Hendrick would even be considered. He's got a long long way to improve to get anywhere close to consideration as that good. ie.Top 4 Prem side or Top 2 La Liga side.

"http://images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/25000-29999/28742/800/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_625496" alt="Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_62549">

Jack Wilshere 21, DOB 1st January 1992

Jeff Hendrick 21, DOB 31st January 1992

Jeff Hendrick is a good player, he has potential, but other players at the same age are miles ahead of him. I fear it's too late for maybe one member and this would fall on deaf eyes but don't get carried away. If Jeff Hendrick was "brilliant" he would be a regular starter for his country.

I'm yet to see what all the fuss is about Wilshere if I'm honest. He looks neat and tidy, but he also is a horrible little **** and very nasty. I don't see him becoming the world-beater people predict. Will Hughes should have a better England career than Wilshere.

Will Hughes should have a better England career than Wilshere.

Really?

Hughes is good and he is only 17 but he will do well to be as good as Wilshire is at 21. Playing for a champions league club (one of the better players at arsenal) and playing for the England national team.

You can say what you want about Wilshire but he is a great player.

Your being drawn in by the fact that derby county have will Hughes. We all seem to think he might be the next England cm but he is 17. Lets all calm down.

Wilshire is double the player Hughes is but Hughes has 4 years on him.

I like Wilshere, I like the little bit of nastiness in him, you need that in a team. Likes to have the ball, can ping it around short or long. He's a far far better player than Hendrick and the same age, when you consider the injuries he's had to deal with as well but I still wouldn't even call him brilliant yet.

I'm yet to see what all the fuss is about Wilshere if I'm honest. He looks neat and tidy, but he also is a horrible little **** and very nasty. I don't see him becoming the world-beater people predict. Will Hughes should have a better England career than Wilshere.

Just because he's rare. A Brit who can play instinctive football.... or tippy tappy ***** as its often called.

He's alright. Quick brain. A team of Jack Wilshere's wouldn't be a terrible thing. Just needs more to his all around game.

Same with Hughes. Needs to do more and more often. Such is the line between good and great.

The fuss is just down to the fact they play with the cultured natural instinct we see from Spain, Italy etc and they're young and British. If we produced players like this more frequently then the game here wouldn't need so many foreigners and the national team would be less workmanlike.

Wilshere seems to have stopped improving though. Which helps eradicate the popular myth that young footballers usually get better.

Unfair to say Wilshere has stopped improving, needs a good couple of seasons under his belt injury free and I'm sure he can get better.

Anyway Hendrick, you have to remember that "brilliant" Irish players are as rare as rocking horse ****, if Jeff becomes brilliant we should do the right thing and send him to a museum, have him out on display for visitors from around the world to come and see.

Archived