San Marino v England

froggg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate watching England. No passion.

I don't believe the hype around this..

It's not that they don't show passion.. I don't see any more passion in the Spanish or German national sides.

It's a genuine lack of quality.. Having 'more passion' won't win us a major tournament but having more quality might.. People claim that the slow pace of the national team's game and the limp performances are down to a lack of passion.. That's rubbish.. It's down to one thing and one thing only.. A lack of quality.

I don't believe the hype around this..

It's not that they don't show passion.. I don't see any more passion in the Spanish or German national sides.

It's a genuine lack of quality.. Having 'more passion' won't win us a major tournament but having more quality might.. People claim that the slow pace of the national team's game and the limp performances are down to a lack of passion.. That's rubbish.. It's down to one thing and one thing only.. A lack of quality.

So when Greece won they were the best team.

So when Greece won they were the best team.

No.. But if the best team always won Barca would have won the last 5 European Cups..

Greece didn't win through passion.. They won through having a rigid formation that relied on scoring just about every set piece they had and solid defending... Plus the most important thing of all which was a hell of alot of luck..

The England team has shown plenty of passion over the past 10 years.. No-one can deny that.. It's just been a lack of quality which has been our downfall..

I don't even know what defies 'passion'.. I would hardly say 11 players doing a 'Stuart Pearce' and screaming their head off would have made the slight bit of difference when being thoroughly outclassed by the likes of Brazil, Portugal and Germany..

No.. But if the best team always won Barca would have won the last 5 European Cups..

Greece didn't win through passion.. They won through having a rigid formation that relied on scoring just about every set piece they had and solid defending... Plus the most important thing of all which was a hell of alot of luck..

The England team has shown plenty of passion over the past 10 years.. No-one can deny that.. It's just been a lack of quality which has been our downfall..

I don't even know what defies 'passion'.. I would hardly say 11 players doing a 'Stuart Pearce' and screaming their head off would have made the slight bit of difference when being thoroughly outclassed by the likes of Brazil, Portugal and Germany..

Both true.

It's through (old I know) team work, trust, and belief first. Those led to confidence (not cockiness which can destroy). and THEN some/all of the above and some luck. All combined happen rarely. Which is why we have been crap. team work has to rely on trust, and vice versa. Both rely on knowing your player will instiinctively know what you are going to do, and in return. There's the first hurdle. Firstly, every PL player knows each other inside out, secondly (and this is controversial) we only allow players to train in the run up to Int matches. Um, they do not know each other, generally are against each other, and don't train until a bit before INts, is this ok??Here it is, elsewhere not....but we cannot take the break to do it.......

OK, Uefa is now (trying) to limit matches( in their favour...again). Fixture congestion is A VERY real thing. So we are at 6 of one and 12 of another. Let's put domestic cup finals back to Apr/May instead of forcing early resolution. Small thing, may or may not be workable, but regardless of UEFA finals etc, they existed before, why should our season be compressed more and more?

Archived