Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with your points, but the players get told how to play, and unfortunately the managers mentality if they are drawing is to ensure they don't lose so plays for the draw instead of making positive changes and going for the win.

cloughs man management skills are poor. Anyone that sits near the dug out will tell you that because the way he speaks to some of the players is so out of order, so do you think that would motivate them? I say no.

I think that a new manager would get more out of the team. If Harry Rednapp was the manager here I can bet we would be in the play offs right now because he knows how to make players believe in themselves and have confidence. I know Harry will not come to Derby but a manag with this philosophy would do the job and have the desired effect on the club and the players.

Sure Davey, but I was alluding to poor goals we have let in this season that are down to just rank bad defending - losing men at corners and free kicks, that kind of thing. Lego came and missed a cross for the equaliser at Cardiff. It's that kind of thing that has cost us points that you couldn't possibly blame a manager for.

Sure Davey, but I was alluding to poor goals we have let in this season that are down to just rank bad defending - losing men at corners and free kicks, that kind of thing. Lego came and missed a cross for the equaliser at Cardiff. It's that kind of thing that has cost us points that you couldn't possibly blame a manager for.

What do you blame the manager for then? He picks the team, the tactics, the marking, positioning at corners etc. It's the managers lack of organisation that throws the defence into chaos. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Moor Farm, because I fail to see what kind of defensive coaching there is. 

Constant square pegs in round holes.

Is acceptable if it works.

It is not working.

Clough picks the team and motivates and organizes (lol).

If players not listening or responding then drop them.

I truely believe even an average manager would get more out of our current team than Clough does.

When was the last time Clough came out and said HE was wrong .??????.

It's always everyone elses fault.

Buck stops with him and it should fully stop now.

Replace him in the summer, preferably at the end of the season, although the management are equally to blame for fobbing us off with excuses as to why our league performance has suffered season after season, and if we are in any danger of getting relegated, then something has to change at the end of the season.

To me that describes one man - Stefano Eranio

While the romance of that is as equally appealing as another successful Clough, I'd rather, if we were to replace Nigel, we go for somebody without a Derby connection. Nigel is one of our own, I think he is limited but I could not protest to have him out this club and therein lies the problem.

I'd rather Nigel's contract ran out in the summer and we'd not take the option to renew, we could thank him for his efforts and move on to pastures new. I'm a Derby fan through and through despite my inclination towards negativity, I'm not looking forward to any outcome come close season, I'm not excited at the prospect of Clough staying for next year (more of the same IMO) and the thought of us sacking him will be a black day for me as well.

I read with interest in the last couple of weeks that Neil warnock fully expects to be sacked if he doesn't get Leeds up this season.

Just been listening to Colin on Sky 5 minutes ago. He's thinking of packing it all up anyway.

Fail to see how you can blame Clough for individual errors.

This page is laughable.

I'm thinking of blaming him for the bloody cold weather.

What do you blame the manager for then? He picks the team, the tactics, the marking, positioning at corners etc. It's the managers lack of organisation that throws the defence into chaos. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Moor Farm, because I fail to see what kind of defensive coaching there is. 

But to suggest that the manager is somehow to blame when a player makes a decision on a pitch to go/not go for a ball is ludicrous.

Fail to see how you can blame Clough for individual errors.

This page is laughable.

If I had staff that continually made individual errors, I would be held responsible, for bringing them in, for them not following my instructions, and finally not replacing them if they did it on a persistent basis. If it continued for 4 years no matter what budget I had, I would be questioned every time this happened, that's a manager for you.

Cant help but feel that Clough was given a 3 and a half year contract when he first joined. The aim was to be in the promotion places at the end of year 3.

We are now in year 4 and we are in another relegation battle.

I'm fed up of Clough falling out with quality players (Jacobs, Cywka, Fielding).

I think its time for a change.

Possible replacemets; Di Canio, Nigel Adkins.

Interestingly Nigel Clough is 33/1 to be the next Leeds manager on Skybet. Would happily swap Clough for Warnock.

If I had staff that continually made individual errors, I would be held responsible, for bringing them in, for them not following my instructions, and finally not replacing them if they did it on a persistent basis. If it continued for 4 years no matter what budget I had, I would be questioned every time this happened, that's a manager for you.

Do you really believe that Football has the same set of HR rules and procedures as the corporate world?So you think If Jeff makes a mistake write it up on his HR file give him a letter as a formal warning about improving then if he gets three warnings you can fire him without pay?

Dear Jeff.

Following on from our meeting this morning.....

That's NOT a manager.

Do you really believe that Football has the same set of HR rules and procedures as the corporate world?So you think If Jeff makes a mistake write it up on his HR file give him a letter as a formal warning about improving then if he gets three warnings you can fire him without pay?

Dear Jeff.

Following on from our meeting this morning.....

That's NOT a manager.

No if someone continues to miss chances, you bring someone else in, if a defender continues to make mistakes, he obviously isn't good enough.

Of course lets blame the players when things go wrong, and credit the manager when things are done correctly, this is cloughs team, he brought them in, so why is it the players fault that we are not progressing?

No if someone continues to miss chances, you bring someone else in, if a defender continues to make mistakes, he obviously isn't good enough.

Of course lets blame the players when things go wrong, and credit the manager when things are done correctly, this is cloughs team, he brought them in, so why is it the players fault that we are not progressing?

I'm not talking about blaming players or managers performance. I'm just answering that it's totally ridiculous to compare what you can do as a manager in a corporate world with that of football.

The greatest enemy that we have, and have always had is our incredible lack of patience. For once we are going about things patiently and we're building slowly, but people still can't ride through a series of bad results, regardless of the performances. We're our own enemy at times.

Archived