Clough

El Stanion

Nigel Clough Hokey Cokey  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"In" not bcos he is derby in his blood but bcos he has done the Hard work for 4 years after the Mess with some amount of Success. He can be Credited in stabilizing the ship just so we can look upwards from here.

I wouldn't say he has been great, He has just laid the foundations and that's it. Now for the results in the pitch that matters.

Its also a lose situation for the owners if they decide to sack him now purely bcos its been drilled into the derby fan base that despite average results in the pitch there has been sympathy towards him bcos he hasnt been given funds to bring in the players needed without proof that he actually has not recd the funds.

Derby manager Position is surely a Prized Possession in reality that what ppl think, purely bcos its owners are one of the most tolerant, Most Stable Fanbase support, Saleable Assets now for accomadate future In take of players if no funding is possible & Prudent Financial Policy surely one that is an envy for most British Clubs believe me. Shelve Life of a Manager is 2 seasons at the most, Good Managers are under a Lot of Pressure that there is Limited Options available to them.

To bring in a Established manager is hardly an issue here, The issue is Clough has Support from Traditional Bases which that owners cannot touch else will be a case of another Blackburn Rovers.

Next Season is the Season for Clough. No serious Push towards Playoffs by christmas i say he needs to Go. It wont be hard for any owner to fire a manager in that situation (Kenny Daglish was fired by Liverpool), He has for the First Time Saleable Assets, Proper Director (Sam Rush) to persuade players and a wilful Board who have to support him if he finishes top half again just to bring in ppl to the stands and ambition to the club.

Looking for excuses to keep Clough like 'No-one better will come here' is just full on accepting mediocricy and it's frankly depressing that fans genuinely believe a 'hard working and hosest' side and management team is the best we can hope for'.

This annoys the hell out of me too.

No it would suggest this..

Bolton > Palace > Blackpool > Derby

I find this absolutely absurd.

but didn't the guy leave Palace because he knew they had approached Holloway so it doesn't mean Bolton > palace>blackpool at all. It also offers no comparison between between any clubs and derby because the derby job was not available at any point and factors in none of the decision making of anybody concerned

I'm amazed at people wanting Adkins as if he's some kind of saviour, do people realise their wage budget in League One and the fees they were able to pay were far more than our Nigels had? Their wage bill alone was in the double figures for the League One season, I believe.

The bloke had alot of cash to spend. He did well with it, but he had a hell of alot of reasources too. It's difficult to do poorly in that situation (even if i'm sure Paul Jewell could manage it).

He played for us some time back. He managed Torquay for a bit. He was trollop!

Managed Brizzle Rovers to a promotion a few years ago. He joined us from Torquay - don't think he ever managed them.

Do people even forget the job Nigel Adkins did at Scunny?

Won League One, went back down got promoted back to the Championship a year later and comfortably kept them up before moving to Southampton. This was on a low budget too. Scunny is a small club in League One standards!

but didn't the guy leave Palace because he knew they had approached Holloway so it doesn't mean Bolton > palace>blackpool at all. It also offers no comparison between between any clubs and derby because the derby job was not available at any point and factors in none of the decision making of anybody concerned

Ok.. Let's put it another..

We've just sold Brayford to Blackpool for $3mill

Out of the blue, Blackpool offer $3mill for Brayford and we accept.. We want him stay, Clough wants him to stay.. He's under no pressure to leave.

But he's moved to Blackpool.. Would you just accept this because 'they're a better proposition' or would you scratch your head and think 'Why the feck would Brayford move to Blackpool'

Weren't you one of the guys questioning why Commons moved to a CL side in Celtic? Afterall aren't they a better proposition?

Ok.. Let's put it another..

We've just sold Brayford to Blackpool for $3mill

Out of the blue, Blackpool offer $3mill for Brayford and we accept.. We want him stay, Clough wants him to stay.. He's under no pressure to leave.

But he's moved to Blackpool.. Would you just accept this because 'they're a better proposition' or would you scratch your head and think 'Why the feck would Brayford move to Blackpool'

Weren't you one of the guys questioning why Commons moved to a CL side in Celtic? Afterall aren't they a better proposition?

still doesn't back up your point because no manager has had to make that choice. You claimed managers moving to Blackpool proved they are a better prospect than us.

you used lack of parachute payments as evidence as a reason they aren't - i pointed out you were wrong then as well.

come up with some evidence saying they are or they aren't

Archived