Ashamed of our fans tonight

rad1919

With those "fans" that booed, where was your voice when Palace were singing "is this a library"?

If you're prepared to sit there in silence when opposition fans sing that at you then you DO lose any right to boo, actually. Go somewhere else to leap onto failure for pleasure.

If that's the lifeblood of our club - and I'm beginning to think it is - then I'm beginning to lose faith in this club.

We're turning into completely sh1te fans. The only time the fans seem to care is when a player misses a penalty, or when we play Forest. Sick of it.

But does this not apply to the fans that didn't boo? They have voices too.

I heard no boos around me, I just watched the replay and didn't hear any boos, and is it coincidence that these in general were heard by sammon supporters who seem more intent on focusing on this than another poor performance by him.

Savage got booed and turned it around, if sammon is good enough then a few fans won't stop him being a success.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No its not the end.you cant go on slagging off the lifeblood of this club just because thousands of fans

disagree with you.

Wrong, i paid my money as they did to go to the match and I'm entitled my opinion as much as they are (yes, yes, i actually am despite the fact i completely disagree with you) and those people are not the lifeblood of the club in my opinion, they are not even supporters in any sense of the word.

Don't like it top 6? Tough, i don't like the behaviour of those people during the match but i have to put up with it therefore you can put up with it when others speak out about it.

But does this not apply to the fans that didn't boo? They have voices too.

I heard no boos around me, I just watched the replay and didn't hear any boos, and is it coincidence that these in general were heard by sammon supporters who seem more intent on focusing on this than another poor performance by him.

Savage got booed and turned it around, if sammon is good enough then a few fans won't stop him being a success.

If you're thinking I'm a Sammon supporter, you're wrong. There must be very few people who rate him less than me.

As for booing, there was plenty immediately after the penalty and plenty to be heard at the final whislte. I didn't hear a chant all night as loud as the boo at the final whislte.

Sammon was w4nk last night but the worst performance was from our fans.

If you're thinking I'm a Sammon supporter, you're wrong. There must be very few people who rate him less than me.

As for booing, there was plenty immediately after the penalty and plenty to be heard at the final whislte. I didn't hear a chant all night as loud as the boo at the final whislte.

Sammon was w4nk last night but the worst performance was from our fans.

m

So how would you suggest these people get their view across?

I'm not talking about the booing in game, but if they feel unhappy at the final whistle?

I would never boo, but I feel anyone who pays their money has a right to do so, when the game has finished.

m

So how would you suggest these people get their view across?

I'm not talking about the booing in game, but if they feel unhappy at the final whistle?

I would never boo, but I feel anyone who pays their money has a right to do so, when the game has finished.

Organise a proper protest? Of course you have a right to express your opinion, but not if as a fan you only ever speak up to "boo". It achieves nothing. It's not like booing will get Sammon dropped, or sack the manager, or force the board to sell. All it does is take confidence away from the side.

Imagine if these fans were 100% of the club. Pride Park would be a chorus of boos when we play badly, and would be utterly silent when we're doing well, because these fans sit there in silence when they're content.

Okay, a lot of this is actually frustration about the people in the rows behind me, who I have never heard chant, sing or clap but are always the first to boo.

I can't remember a player ever being bood for missing a penalty. I'm not saying Sammon didn't have another poor game but seriously!

I thought we were brilliant tonight, Palace got lucky, it was just one of those games. Even Holloway was saying how good and full of energy we were.

Get a grip.

Where abouts were you sat to here the boos mate?

I think the best way is by voting with your feet, why does no-one see that? if you aren't happy, and want change - either start to protest, or just don't go at all... if there is enough of you that don't go then changes will be made.

but then again, we win our next 2 games and it'll all be hunky dory! sad, but true. 

I didn't hear any boos where I was - West Stand lower opposite the south penalty area.

I think that it's unfair to boo during the match, but I don't have a problem afterwards. The men on the pitch and in the dugout earn huge salaries, They are paid them to entertain us, if they fail then we have the right to express that opinion.

However, I also can't imagine booing the current side. Occaisionally in the past it has felt as though the players really couldn't be bothered. In that case they deserve to feel the wrath of the crowd. The one thing that I can say about the current squad that they try their socks off. OK, sometimes the quality is lacking, but never the effort. I would never, and I don't think that anyone else should ever, boo a player or team that is making an effort. That they lack quality is the fault of those who run the club, not the men in the shirts.

Wrong, i paid my money as they did to go to the match and I'm entitled my opinion as much as they are (yes, yes, i actually am despite the fact i completely disagree with you) and those people are not the lifeblood of the club in my opinion, they are not even supporters in any sense of the word.

Don't like it top 6? Tough, i don't like the behaviour of those people during the match but i have to put up with it therefore you can put up with it when others speak out about it.

When have I ever said you cant express your opinion.You haven't said anything to offend me.There is even doubts

expressed about the amount of booing.If people pay their money to watch Derby they have the right to express their

opinions,clapping,cheering,stamping and yes booing.

It took some balls for our number 2 designated penalty taker to pick up the ball and place it on the penalty spot. Then listen to all the groans from around saying 'oh no he will miss!!!'

Then hit a top drawer powerful penalty and it hits the goalies elbow and bounced up and hits the bar. Yep he really meant that one to happen

Speroni always has a blinder against Derby, he always seems inspired at PP.

The fans didn't buy the players,and then play them out of position or decide strange tactics  and formations

and then strange substitutions.The fans don't pick the team nor miss important penalties.So why do they get

the blame?Its their money that buys the players and pays their wages.They will be still be supporting the club

long after the players have moved on somewhere else.This applies to all clubs.

At the Huddersfield game the chap in front of me moaned from kick off until we scored, he swore a bit and stormed off home. Miserable old ****. I hate "fans" like him. I am fed up with people like him, people moaning 5 seconds into the game, and that is no exaggeration. If you dont like it, fook off and stop moaning down my ear hole!!!

Yeah, now they've booed him, next game he's going to play really badly because his confidence will be shot.

The balls going to keep bouncing off his shin, he'll miss every header, he'll miss the ball when he's got a free header on goal, he'll keep passing easy balls to the opposition.

Erm.......

Maybe it's not just the frustration of seeing him miss an important penalty, maybe it's just the frustration of watching a poor player week in week out, when everyone knows if we had that bit of quality up front it would make the difference between having something to play for still, and the season being over in February.

But then again, we don't expectations raised do we?

I'm not ashamed that I went mad when I saw Sammon with the ball in his hands to take the peno.

I'm not ashamed when I went mad when he didn't score.

I'm not ashamed to say the best team lost.

Most of all, I'm not ashamed to be a Derby fan.

But, Sammon needs dropping. For his own good.

Archived