Ashamed of our fans tonight

rad1919

I couldn't go to the game tonight due to finances. But if I had the ability to, I would. regardless of Derby's situation.

I never have, and never will boo my own team. I never leave early. I don't understand either. I can't say I'm a wristslasher, neither am I a blind faith brigadier. My cup is more often half full than half empty.

BUT I can understand the frustrations.

Lets not forget, Clough spent quite a chunk of money (anywhere between 600k-1.2m, pretty wide ballpark, but hey) on a striker that does work very hard, but all the other requirements for a striker, he lacks. In fact, I've seen more positive said about Chris Martin in about 120mins of football than Sammon's 34(?) games. The Chris Martin that is lacking in match fitness and sharpness.

We are currently watching a team that, despite all the pressure we build through nice little interplay and comfortable possession on the ball, cannot turn that pressure into goals. How many more times are we going to hear those immortal words from Clough? 'We deserved more.' That kind of thing is acceptable maybe 1 out of 4 games. but not every game possible. Wolves, Bolton and Palace at home, and Watford away. The last 4 games have all been the same. Created lots of chances, but don't turn anywhere near enough into goals.

Would I rather see us win ugly than lose majestically? Not all the time of course, look what happened last time, we went up horribly underprepared. But at least we got there!

Feel ashamed of me if you will. But I know I'm not the only one to share this view. and feel free to tear this post to pieces.

Instead of just pointing the finger at the people who do criticise the team vocally, at least try and understand their perspective before blasting them.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Nigel say owt about our 'support'? Or anybody else interviewed?

I wouldn't be arsed to play in front of that again. If your supporters can't recognise your effort then why bother? I'd be hoping my manager doesn't pick me for a bit.

..... Well, I am hoping Sammon doesn't get picked again. But it's not down to a lack of effort or a poor attitude.

The only thing Nige said about our fans is how ridiculous they were when they boo'ed Martin going off instead of Sammon. I mean wtf? My dad couldn't believe how stupid some people were being...Martin was nackered! He was obviously needing to go off. Some idiots there! haha.

I couldn't go to the game tonight due to finances. But if I had the ability to, I would. regardless of Derby's situation.

I never have, and never will boo my own team. I never leave early. I don't understand either. I can't say I'm a wristslasher, neither am I a blind faith brigadier. My cup is more often half full than half empty.

BUT I can understand the frustrations.

Lets not forget, Clough spent quite a chunk of money (anywhere between 600k-1.2m, pretty wide ballpark, but hey) on a striker that does work very hard, but all the other requirements for a striker, he lacks. In fact, I've seen more positive said about Chris Martin in about 120mins of football than Sammon's 34(?) games. The Chris Martin that is lacking in match fitness and sharpness.

We are currently watching a team that, despite all the pressure we build through nice little interplay and comfortable possession on the ball, cannot turn that pressure into goals. How many more times are we going to hear those immortal words from Clough? 'We deserved more.' That kind of thing is acceptable maybe 1 out of 4 games. but not every game possible. Wolves, Bolton and Palace at home, and Watford away. The last 4 games have all been the same. Created lots of chances, but don't turn anywhere near enough into goals.

Would I rather see us win ugly than lose majestically? Not all the time of course, look what happened last time, we went up horribly underprepared. But at least we got there!

Feel ashamed of me if you will. But I know I'm not the only one to share this view. and feel free to tear this post to pieces.

Instead of just pointing the finger at the people who do criticise the team vocally, at least try and understand their perspective before blasting them.

I think it's fair to say Sammon has been a flop (so far). And I understand the frustrations, but like you say, Martin looks a good player. Imo if we sign Martin in the summer on a free then Clough will have easily made up for wasting so much money on Sammon? Although if you ask me I do think there is a lot more to come from Sammon. The rest of your post I agree with, but after tonights performance I've got no complaints. Yes we didn't put our chances away and say it a million times but yes we were unlucky tonight. The rebound for their goal and our saved penalty really did sum up our luck. I understand it must be frustrating seeing another defeat, but I left feeling pleased that we're capable of those performances, as well as how well the likes of Brayford and Hendrick have progressed, and the prospect of Martin. 

Tonight is the first time in 16 years I've seriously considered not renewing my season ticket. Not because of the board, the management or the players, but because of the fans.

I've actually been writing this reply for the last 40 minutes only to realise my frustration had boiled over and I had begun to write an essay haha. In short, too many fans form an opinion about a player and go to matches willing that player to play badly so they can be proven right. That's not support, in fact you are negatively impacting the club that I love and it would be much more appropriate for you to go and sit in the away end. I love it when a Derby County player proves me wrong after I've formed a negative opinion of them... it generally means the team are doing well.

To be honest I thought Conor Sammon showed a lot of bottle in wanting to take the penalty. That being said I would probably cut my losses. Unfortunately Conor Sammon won't be able to play for the club again without these fans giving him unnecessary stick. The same fans who gave that stick to Theo Robinson but are now calling Clough clueless for letting him go out on loan.

It's a funny old game...

NPC clubs do have some ****** as fans.. If you think ours are bad..

I was watching the Wolves-Watford game and the Wolves fans were doing the ironic 'Ole's' when they strung a few passes together and tried to play football on the deck around the 80th minute when in search for an equaliser...

If you're not going to support the team why bother wasting your money to go? It doesn't make sense.. Boo after, protest outsiode the ground, but not during the 90 minutes when players need encouragement

I mean seriously what the feck?

I live with a wolves fan and a Brighton fan, my wolves friend certainly isn't trying to be ironic, I didn't watch their game but he is learning about the championship again the hard way (and in a slightly twisted way I enjoy seeing other fans suffer) :)

Humble pie tastes like **** but I'm starting to eat it.

I've argued with so many on Sammon but from what I can see it's not going to work. Moronic people in the crowd (can't bring myself to call them fans) don't help, but he can't help himself at the moment.

One of the worse performances I've ever seen in a rams shirt, absolutely disgrace.

I can deal with him missing a penalty, but to have him even take it in the first place was ludicrous.

Wigan are pissing themselves

You haven't had a season ticket for very long then

I think everybody should be behind the team when they are on the field despite what is going on the field. If and when you want to vent your anger you can do it on the forums like this or arrange some kind of protests outside the stadium for example. The players don't play poorly on purpose.

I love it when we lose, I cheer, when we win I boo. Can't stand folk being happy. Absolutely Detest it, when teams score I have a smile on my face knowing I could come on forums such as this and voice my clough out opinions. When we win I can't do it :(

Is what most of you miserable barrrrrrrrrrrrrsterds should be typing. Sammon didn't play well, but the palace keeper had a great game, man of the match, can anybody disagree? Sammon maybe one of the poorer players in the team, works hard but is poor, he's falling into the hate category for most where as I only have space for that fat, useless, thick as *****, should be a gump down the road, gormless lad called Callum Ball. Or Callium if you prefer... But I'd still never boo a poor performance from him never mind Sammon.

Callium? I know it's a B4 special but some Derby fans need a large dose of Valium. 

It would probably be better if some fans don't renew, Appleby and co might but i'm sure Cloughie and the lads wont mind.

I used to love it when a Derby forward or midfielder picked it up in their half and took us forwards, everyone used to go nuts, yes even at Pride Park. Now I can hear myself shouting "Goooooo arn!" or "Keep coming" well above everyone elses moaning, talking, eating and texting. Now if Sammon or a few others pick it up you can hear "oh f*ckin 'ell, 'ere we go" no surge and definitely a lack of support.

Everyone including Clough knows what we need, we've needed one since 1999, I trust he'll bring one in this summer then it's game on. Anyone who disagrees is wrong, the reason you're moaning is because we can't rip the net out but hey.... at least we're getting to the net.

Perhaps you self-righteous lot of knowalls could get together and draw up a list of rules on how

supporters should behave at all games.Write them down on placards,get to the stadium early,hold

the signs up for everybody to read and tell people do as your told or piss off.I' m sure they will be very

grateful as will the ticket sales department.Any volunteers?  Didn't think so.

So its ok for a £1 million striker to miss a penalty?

If you take a look at last years Champions league semi-finals, you'll see that Lionel Messie missed one for Barcalona against Chelsea, and Ronaldo missed one in the shoot out for Madrid against Bayern.

So maybe it'd be perfectly natural that on occasion, a £1m striker would miss one? Or doesn't that fit with your agenda?

Perhaps you self-righteous lot of knowalls could get together and draw up a list of rules on how

supporters should behave at all games.Write them down on placards,get to the stadium early,hold

the signs up for everybody to read and tell people do as your told or piss off.I' m sure they will be very

grateful as will the ticket sales department.Any volunteers?  Didn't think so.

Perhaps you self-righteous lot of knowalls could get together and paint "Clough out" and how

supporters should behave at all games.Paint them down on bed sheets,get to the stadium early,hold

the sheets up for everybody to read and tell people do as your told or piss off.I' m sure they will be very

grateful. Any volunteers?  Didn't think so.

grateful as will the ticket sales department.Any volunteers? Didn't think so.

So you're saying the constant boos are right?

Obviously but the amount of times he shoot from distance when there's a good pass on or continually tries to beat his man and continually fails (jars vs forest) annoy me. He doesn't learn. He should know he has weak hamstrings and swinging your leg over your head isn't going to do them any good. Just do a simple pass instead of trying to do the spectacular. I don't know why he always does this stuff. He's a good player but at the same time stupid.

There was no pass on Franco, it was right in front of me. Roberts was cut off, passing back inside blind wasn't on as he was isolated

There seems to be a massive amount of frustration among the fans at Pride Park at the moment.

I think it started at the Florest game. By not beating them at their lowest ebb when we didn't really go for the win.

Then we've had no investment to push on in January when we were in a good place.

The FA Cup defeat when a good cup run would have helped.

Then the season ticket pricing fiasco.

Friday night games aren't popular either, Saturday 3pm preferred.

Then injuries and slowly dropping down the table. The realisation that another season has been wasted has dawned on everyone. Now the crowd are a seething mass of discontent. I would be surprised if our crowds aren't much lower next season. The owners / board need to go for promotion or f*ck off. We're going nowhere under them. And does anyone really think it would be better with the same owners / board and a different manager?

if it came off their player last being flying forward then it could be offside

I don't think it was offside he was too fast for us. Their goal was lucky. I feel robbed this morning. A bit like when you were young and you went out with a weeks wages. Spend the lot on beer and women. Then wake up with a right headache and nothing to show. Then you bump into someone who saw you and they laugh at you?

Perhaps you self-righteous lot of knowalls could get together and paint "Clough out" and how

supporters should behave at all games.Paint them down on bed sheets,get to the stadium early,hold

the sheets up for everybody to read and tell people do as your told or piss off.I' m sure they will be very

grateful. Any volunteers?  Didn't think so.

Whats that got to do with anything that I posted.I don't believe in telling people who have spent

their hard earned how they should behave.You seem to have missed the whole point read it again

and get your brain into gear.

South east corner are the proper fans, we don't boo or slash our wrists over every missed pass, we support, it's the rest of the ground and all the old feckers who are just sour cuz they don't get sex anymore from their wrinkled wives.

Maybe.

Archived