Ashamed of our fans tonight

rad1919

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So us supporters should know our place pay up and be happy no matter what.Is that it then.Our masters on the

board and in the dug-out knowwhats best,trust them and we will be fine.Bollux.The negativity as you call it comes

from the dug-out and the board.What the club needs is a change of ownership and manager,what needs to be

discussed is how we achieve it.Anything should be considered are you up for it Ladyram?are you a woman or a

mouse?

best for us

If I were you and you feel that strongly, I'd get in touch with the club direct and tell them how you feel instead of ranting at everyone on here who dares to disagree with you.

And for the record I haven't slagged anyone off for booing, as this is what you state about members in later posts - all I did was explain why I think it doesn't help. Then you went on to make the assumption that I'm not willing to say anything when I don't agree with it. Well I can assure you I do and that I am no 'mouse'.

I could go on and talk about the positives from the match but to be honest, I don't want to waste my time discussing them with you. I'd rather have a more upbeat conversation about how the team can move forward. I will say one thing though, and that's that Sammon needs replacing.

I'll let Clough decide if that's the way it's going to be, cos like it or not, he's the manager.

If you're so unhappy with the board, the team, the manager...are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is and actually do something about it?

Technically about 3000 people have voted with their feet compared to last season.

Another 2000 IMO will next season.

I boo because it's my way of showing my displeasure at the board and at Clough's decisions. I also boo because I wish we could have a player called boo because he would be better than Connor Sammon!

I think its shameful that a Derby County fans forum should allow a thread where loyal Rams fans

are slagged off for venting their feelings.No-one surely believes that we are going anywhere this season,

we will finish behind Forest for christ sake.I have been disgusted by the way WUMS and clearly anti-

Derby people have been allowed to run riot on here.Surely no more.

there is a report button if you are unhappy. The thread started as an opinion and that is what the forum is all about.

Technically about 3000 people have voted with their feet compared to last season.

Another 2000 IMO will next season.

I boo because it's my way of showing my displeasure at the board and at Clough's decisions. I also boo because I wish we could have a player called boo because he would be better than Connor Sammon!

boo when were losing, you only boo when we are losing

I think you confuse booing at PP with not being submissive to authority. You seem to suggest that someone who despairs about the lack of support for the team at PP as being like a murderous destructive dictator who is intolerant of diversity. You then set yourself up as someone who has a better understanding of human nature (and possibly religion) than the despairing poster – which was a bit patronising to say the least.

Unlike the gritty one, I thought it was quite a bad post. Not really thought through. Perhaps the acid is frying your brain.

Was I trying to say that booing was not being submissive to authority??? no i think I simply point out that it takes all sorts..I just said there were two extremes..if you noticed I said that I too did not agree with the booing but I do not consider myself to be a lapdog of leadership....or maybe I am & just do not know it???

Yes you are correct that I was insinuating that somebody who was intolerant of anothers views was a tad dictatorial, I didnt say it was because he believed that this type of support was wrong...only that he shouldnt of set his way of supporting the team out as being the only way of being a true supporter.

Is the acid frying my brain, well thats a matter of opinion...in the same way that upon reading your interpretation of my words to make them fit your agenda...just makes me wonder if your favourite flavour of ice cream is window...only joking love... :D xx4u  

Was I trying to say that booing was not being submissive to authority??? no i think I simply point out that it takes all sorts..I just said there were two extremes..if you noticed I said that I too did not agree with the booing but I do not consider myself to be a lapdog of leadership....or maybe I am & just do not know it???

Yes you are correct that I was insinuating that somebody who was intolerant of anothers views was a tad dictatorial, I didnt say it was because he believed that this type of support was wrong...only that he shouldnt of set his way of supporting the team out as being the only way of being a true supporter.

Is the acid frying my brain, well thats a matter of opinion...in the same way that upon reading your interpretation of my words to make them fit your agenda...just makes me wonder if your favourite flavour of ice cream is window...only joking love... :D xx4u

I knew what you were saying.

I think its shameful that a Derby County fans forum should allow a thread where loyal Rams fans

are slagged off for venting their feelings.No-one surely believes that we are going anywhere this season,

we will finish behind Forest for christ sake.I have been disgusted by the way WUMS and clearly anti-

Derby people have been allowed to run riot on here.Surely no more.

This isn't an official Derby County Endorsed Forum you know.

Although, Dcfc's official Facebook page gets some terrible reactions to their posts.

You have an option when logging on to this site. Either do or don't.

We've always got "the best fans in the league" or "the worst fans in the league", apparently. Here's a different view: we're neither.  Most modern football fans are ****holes.  People who attend football matches in the modern era tend to fall into one of several catagories:

1) Perrier water swilling knobs who think it's a cricket match

2) Yobs who just go to sing songs about how they hate Forest and goad the opposing fans, hoping for a punch up

3) Old folks who generally don't sing as much

4) A handfull of the old-fashioned type of supporters

Atmospheres everywhere in this country are pretty poor, and fans overall seem to have massively inflated expectations for their club.  Nearly every club in the Championship has a set of supporters who regard the club as being 'Premier League' just because they happpened to spend one bad season there.  We're the same. "This isn't good enough, we're a Premier League club". No, we're not.  Because if we were we'd be...in the Premier League.

We've always got "the best fans in the league" or "the worst fans in the league", apparently. Here's a different view: we're neither. Most modern football fans are ****holes. People who attend football matches in the modern era tend to fall into one of several catagories:

1) Perrier water swilling knobs who think it's a cricket match

2) Yobs who just go to sing songs about how they hate Forest and goad the opposing fans, hoping for a punch up

3) Old folks who generally don't sing as much

4) A handfull of the old-fashioned type of supporters

Atmospheres everywhere in this country are pretty poor, and fans overall seem to have massively inflated expectations for their club. Nearly every club in the Championship has a set of supporters who regard the club as being 'Premier League' just because they happpened to spend one bad season there. We're the same. "This isn't good enough, we're a Premier League club". No, we're not. Because if we were we'd be...in the Premier League.

I wonder if anyone read this and thought I fall into the no. 1 catagory.

I just wonder if booing is any different to lambasting your players in the press, both show that you aren't happy with something that happened on the field of play.

Good point Leedsram and Clough had a go at Jacobs for missing a difficult volley yet didn't slate Sammon for missing from 6 yards. (His chance before the penalty, not the pen itself)

To be fair, Jacobs did pass it to him with the goalie about a yard away from him (i'm not sure many prem strikers, let alone NPC ones, would be able to stick that home.) We had enough chances to win not only this game but a couple on top of that. Palace are a good side who aren't so high up the league without taking chances.

And at least Sammon didn't miss the penalty. If he had of done a Waddle then that might be different. Far worse players will miss penalties, far better players will too. To boo him for that is attrocious

Was I trying to say that booing was not being submissive to authority??? no i think I simply point out that it takes all sorts..I just said there were two extremes..if you noticed I said that I too did not agree with the booing but I do not consider myself to be a lapdog of leadership....or maybe I am & just do not know it???

Is the acid frying my brain, well thats a matter of opinion...in the same way that upon reading your interpretation of my words to make them fit your agenda...just makes me wonder if your favourite flavour of ice cream is window...only joking love... :D xx4u  

Sorry love, I just thought your post was patronising, arrogant and incoherent. Still do.

So its ok for a £1 million striker to miss a penalty?

messi missed a penalty vs chelsea in the champions league semi final which led them to going out....he's meant to be the best player ever and even he misses occasionally, so yes, i'd say it is

I dislike football fans in general. I don't mind fans booing if the occasion calls for it and it isn't aimed at one player (such as at the end of a terrible performance) but fans in general are annoying.

I will refer to the Watford game as it was recent and I get to go to that away game every year as its local to me. Year in year out there is a torrent of abuse aimed at the Watford fans in the same stand as us in the away end. Gestures, swearing etc. and then abuse that they're not signing or shouting back. Now if those doing it could focus their blurry alcohol induced vision they'd realise that Watford doesn't have a disproportionately high amount of midgets but they're kids and we actually sit next to the family enclosure! So you've gone and abused a load of families on a day out! Nice work, hope you feel good about it, didn't fancy watching the game no? Afterwards did you go to the local park and nick some ice-creams off the kids there too?

Also the Derby Forest game. My old man is a season ticket holder and a lot of games, where he sits, there aren't a lot around him, empty seats and one or two regulars. Derby Forest came along and he had to leave at half time as the stand was full and these 'fans' who were nowhere to be seen for the rest of the season were too busy trying to abuse the oppo fans that my dad couldn't watch the game. My dad who loves derby and goes to all the home games has to leave our biggest home game of the season because a load of idiots turn up and try and act hard, not interested in the game at all.

And finally it's the nonsense that fans come out with. Recently I've heard

"Hit it forward" after a player knocks it back instead of losing possession, "break his legs" if the oppo attack and my favourite "effin' score" - a brilliant piece of coaching. Oh and some bloke abusing the Watford fans for being quiet, despite not singing or shouting once himself prior to that moment - very ironic.

Oh and if you're the bloke at Watford away who made the David Blunket joke, (yes Blunket is blind and you asked if the ref was he, I get it but not exactly topical) just because it got a few giggles the first time doesn't mean who have to shout it out every time he gives a decision against us. Repetition won't make it any funnier.

Rant over, sorry I'm very tired.

messi missed a penalty vs chelsea in the champions league semi final which led them to going out....he's meant to be the best player ever and even he misses occasionally, so yes, i'd say it is

Not a fair comparison - Messi's goals to game ratio is ridiculously and he's crucial to Barce's success, so it's easier to forget the occasional miss (even on a big occasion like the Champions League). 

Archived