Ashamed of our fans tonight

rad1919

We've got some horrible fans, I think the fans are the biggest reason I would stay away.. We're not supporters, not a lot of us!

Fans should support someone better, someone more succesful otherwise they will always be upset and moaning because nothing is ever good enough - supporters even though may not agree with everything will do exactly that, and support the team! Majority of us are fans, the fans will drive the supporters away(like me) because they make pride park a horrible place to be and I dont see it getting better any time soon.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was their and on the right side of the pitch. There was one player near him and not really closing him down he could've taken a touch and just passed it backwards. But nope. 4/5 pointless keepy uppies no one near him then HOOF and no more hamstring and no more top goalscorer.

Well then presumably there was a ball to be played, very rarely does Ward do anything without reason, he is not a knob by any stretch of the imagination. He's a little swine to the opposing team, but he's not a moron.

You should also probably think that he did not know that a simple long ball would tear his hamstring, the same effort with his foot could've been applied to a long shot or a powerful free-kick and had the same end cause. Think through what you're saying. He would not know that his hamstring would tear by doing so.

I was their and on the right side of the pitch. There was one player near him and not really closing him down he could've taken a touch and just passed it backwards. But nope. 4/5 pointless keepy uppies no one near him then HOOF and no more hamstring and no more top goalscorer.

He was in midfield as well there was no danger to the goal and he's a tosser for getting himself injured his goal scoring run I think has made him think he's better than he is and now he's doing stupid stuff like that.

There were 10 others just as bad. Even lego was in no mans land sometimes. It was good to see masson come on and put life into the game. Ummmm plan B may be.

Well then presumably there was a ball to be played, very rarely does Ward do anything without reason, he is not a knob by any stretch of the imagination. He's a little swine to the opposing team, but he's not a moron.

You should also probably think that he did not know that a simple long ball would tear his hamstring, the same effort with his foot could've been applied to a long shot or a powerful free-kick and had the same end cause. Think through what you're saying. He would not know that his hamstring would tear by doing so.

Obviously but the amount of times he shoot from distance when there's a good pass on or continually tries to beat his man and continually fails (jars vs forest) annoy me. He doesn't learn. He should know he has weak hamstrings and swinging your leg over your head isn't going to do them any good. Just do a simple pass instead of trying to do the spectacular. I don't know why he always does this stuff. He's a good player but at the same time stupid.

He was in midfield as well there was no danger to the goal and he's a tosser for getting himself injured his goal scoring run I think has made him think he's better than he is and now he's doing stupid stuff like that.

You mean the same Palace player breathing down his neck? Ward didn't have the luxury of seconds to make up his mind on what to do, he had a split second to decide and he chose to get some leverage on the ball and hook it clear. (i was there too).

Obviously but the amount of times he shoot from distance when there's a good pass on or continually tries to beat his man and continually fails (jars vs forest) annoy me. He doesn't learn. He should know he has weak hamstrings and swinging your leg over your head isn't going to do them any good. Just do a simple pass instead of trying to do the spectacular. I don't know why he always does this stuff. He's a good player but at the same time stupid.

He shoots because he's a striker, it's probably what he's instructed to do. He doesn't always fail, but he doesn't stop if beaten by a defender in those situations, which is good. To continously try and fail is stupid, but to try more than once is what he should be doing. I wouldn't like to see the winger who tries once, fails, then simply loses confidence and passes sideways all game.

His hamstrings can go at any point. Playing football in general doesn't do them any good. They could go in a spring, they could go when shooting, clearing, passing long, taking a powerful set-piece etc. He is not stupid, he just, if anything, ignores the fact his hamstrings could go to play as he would in general. We have to make allowances for that. The second he starts to second guess what he does on the pitch because of an injury is the second he becomes a far poorer player.

You mean the same Palace player breathing down his neck? Ward didn't have the luxury of seconds to make up his mind on what to do, he had a split second to decide and he chose to get some leverage on the ball and hook it clear. (i was there too).

There was still a simple pass available. He had some space I'm not saying there was no one near him, but if he had enough time to do some keepy uppies and get clear he had enough time to look up and pass it.

He shoots because he's a striker, it's probably what he's instructed to do. He doesn't always fail, but he doesn't stop if beaten by a defender in those situations, which is good. To continously try and fail is stupid, but to try more than once is what he should be doing. I wouldn't like to see the winger who tries once, fails, then simply loses confidence and passes sideways all game.

I'm fine with him shooting, but not from 25+ yards when there's a pass on. He did that twice vs Bolton. And I know he keeps trying but he does the Same thing each time. Just do something different and then the defender will have to think more.

There was still a simple pass available. He had some space I'm not saying there was no one near him, but if he had enough time to do some keepy uppies and get clear he had enough time to look up and pass it.

Your assuming he knew a simple pass was on, as i said he didnt have the luxury of time ergo he didnt have time to look around and see what was on.

Your assuming he knew a simple pass was on, as i said he didnt have the luxury of time ergo he didnt have time to look around and see what was on.

It was on. Roberts ( think was) was near him. If not control it let the bloke run into you and fall down and gape the ref calls for a foul.

It was on. Roberts ( think was) was near him. If not control it let the bloke run into you and fall down and gape the ref calls for a foul.

Yes you knew it was on but you've no idea if Ward knew or not unless you are privy to the thoughts in his head.

Yes you knew it was on but you've no idea if Ward knew or not unless you are privy to the thoughts in his head.

A footballer should be calm under pressure. On quick look up and boom. "There's a player, give it him then no more pressure" and hamstring safe for the time being.

I imagine what was going off was.

"That was a good touch. Yeah I've got more skills than zaha. Uh oh, better clear it. **** there goes my hammy"

A footballer should be calm under pressure. On quick look up and boom. "There's a player, give it him then no more pressure" and hamstring safe for the time being.

I imagine what was going off was.

"That was a good touch. Yeah I've got more skills than zaha. Uh oh, better clear it. **** there goes my hammy"

Yes should be but it is fairly common for footballers to be not calm whilst under pressure so Ward is hardly unique if he did lose his calm. You can imagine all you like don't make it a fact.

Archived