Best game you've been to for atmosphere

sage

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester away 1975, think it was the last away game of the season, we were a few days away from winning the League - 12,000 Derby fans swamped Leicester, they couldn't fit us all in and people were jibbing in all over the ground. There was fighting in every stand.

Also Coventry away on a Sunday in 74?

Estimated 17,000 Derby fans in a crowd of 40,000 - absolutely mental scenes that day. Huge mass fight outside the ground after the game and a bloke right in the middle with a sandwich board shouting "the end is nigh" and "sinners repent"!

72-73 arsenal 5-0 when hinton tore them to shreds.

I miss the absolute hatred and loathing for the opposition which was much in evidence in those days. :-)

Also Coventry away on a Sunday in 74?

Estimated 17,000 Derby fans in a crowd of 40,000 - absolutely mental scenes that day. Huge mass fight outside the ground after the game and a bloke right in the middle with a sandwich board shouting "the end is nigh" and "sinners repent"!

You seem to remember a lot of fights utch.Can you give us a WDL analysis/winning, losing runs/graphs,and whether you repented?

72-73 arsenal 5-0 when hinton tore them to shreds.

I miss the absolute hatred and loathing for the opposition which was much in evidence in those days. :-)

I hope that's a joke. Hatred for the opposition doesn't help your team win. Cheering does. Hatred just brings racism, violence and moronic behaviour which brings the game into disrepute.

One of the best for me apart from Charlies Real Madrid game was Steve Powells debut for the Rams against Liverpool in the Cloughie title season. Steve Powell was immense and McGovern scored the winner. Roy mcFarland dominated Toshack and Toddy played well against Keegan. Great game.

Me too.

I would add to that the fa cup quarter final v Newcastle in (75?)

I hope that's a joke. Hatred for the opposition doesn't help your team win. Cheering does. Hatred just brings racism, violence and moronic behaviour which brings the game into disrepute.

It'll never be the same again (unfortunately).

From the old days Derby v Forest at BBG cant remember the date but we won 2-1 amazing header from Dean Saunders ..

Modern PP era, the play-off game against Preston (shame about the result) the noise was incredible especially considering i was sat up in SW corner ..

From the old days Derby v Forest at BBG cant remember the date but we won 2-1 amazing header from Dean Saunders ..

Modern PP era, the play-off game against Preston (shame about the result) the noise was incredible especially considering i was sat up in SW corner ..

Cracking game. Think Craig Ramage scored first goal. Remember the 'pick that out the net Mark Crossley' from Graham Richards after Saunders goal.

Did Mick Brolly play in that one ! Graham Richards went crazy on commentary

He did - in fact he set up the killer second goal for Andy Hill in injury time! He played in every game that season and then was given a free transfer by Taylor in the summer! I lived in North West Leicestershire in those days and every other kid round my way was either a glory hunting Red Dog or a Foxes fan. Rams fans were hard to find so I couldn't wait to get to school on the Monday after that cup game to rip the piss out of the Forest contingent - great days!

The FA Cup was massive then. It really mean't something to the fans and the clubs. In my view all clubs should be made to play their strongest first eleven or be banned from the cup - hate the way the Prem clubs treat cup games like they are pre-season matches not worthy of playing their best players in. I can remember Man Utd coming to the BBG in the FA Cup 5th round in 82/83 and being amazed at seeing stars like Whiteside, Stapleton etc in the flesh for the first time.

Oh absolutely.....i always sing these songs and i'm just waiting for everyone else to join in ....

We don't hate nottingham forest

We don't hate forest too .....(nor forest)

We don't dislike them either

Oh Forest we don't mind you

We don't hate leeds and leeds and leeds

We don't hate leeds and leeds and leeds

We don't hate leeds

We all do not hate leeds

Billy davies....what a nice man! ....what a nice man!

Who's the gentleman in the black

Who's the chappy with the difficult job

Paul Kitson is a nice lad

He wears a nice big hat

He wears gor blimey trousers

And he lives in a jolly nice pad

Whenever people see him

They sing with all their might

He may not play for England

But we think he's alright

Archived