Best game you've been to for atmosphere

sage

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn away Play-Off Semi at Ewood, terracing with tons of fans, think Tommy Johnson scored early but we lost 2-4.

Sheff Utd away, Phil Gee scored in promotion match, 9000+ Rams fans, if you can get the clip somewhere just watch the crowd go flipping mental behind the goal!

At BBG, prob Rotherham, was in C Stand and during lap of honour Mark Wallington picked up and wore my scarf I threw at him.

At Anusol Arena (or whatever we'll call it) erm prob Southampton play off semi, and that Boro game was good cuz the whole ground was noisy, for once.

Derby v Benfica

Derby v Real Madrid

Derby v Juventus (fixed result tho)

Derby v Rotherham (div 3)

Derby v Spurs (42,000)

Derby v Liverpool (McGovern winner)

Derby v Forest (2-0) Gemmill twice ? in FA cup.

in fact most night matches at BBG were atmospheric, even the drabbest games served up more

atmosphere than we get now, unfortunately.

Whenever there's one of these threads, everyone goes on about matches before I was born 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

In my lifetime the ones I enjoyed were most were:

2-1 away to Barnsley when we took about 8000 fans

The playoff semi against Southampton at Pride Park

Beating forest at the city ground on numerous occasions.

Never went to the baseball ground too young but my dad goes on about it constantly I think I know most of the players names from that era now just from hearing them over and over again.

In fairness it sounded quality my dad used to sit (well stand) in pop side if that means anything. My best atmosphere probably man united vs man city. Well up until ballotelli scored and did why always me, the it went silent, at pride park probs a game vs forest.

League Cup 2nd round 2nd leg 1985. We were 3rd division, Leicester were 1st division. We won the 1st leg 2-0 and around 5k Rams were squashed in a corner terracing for the 2nd leg. Leicester took the lead and Davison equalised. The away end went berserk for the rest of the game!

. Found out that it was actually Powells 2nd full game not his debut. He was the youngest Rams player before Lee Holmes took the record since passed by young Will Hughes I believe.

i always thought the Liverpool game was his league debut too, talk about being 'chucked in' at the deep end!

what game was his 'debut'? , and was it league ?

FA Cup 3rd Round v Forest in 82/83. 33,000+ roaring on the Rams and I was one of em up in the Ley Stand. We were total underdogs in the bottom three of Div 2 while the Red Dogs were 3rd in Div 1. The whole Clough v Taylor thing was electrifying and when Archie Gemmill curled home the opening goal from a free kick the BBG seemed to sway with delirium and emotion! It was the greatest Rams match I've ever been to for sheer atmosphere and emotion - still get a shiver down the spine watching it now - amazing!

. Forest was his first full game in the League. His debut was in Texaco cup against Stoke on a Wednesday night and then he was sub against the Gunners. After his debut against Forest he then played in the Central league winning team until end of season Liverpool game. Derby won First Div Title. Central league and Texaco Cup.

"Powell was brilliant. Not brilliant for a 16 year old, just brilliant!"

Classic journalism.

Before my time but I hear that his dad, Tommy, was also, well, brilliant!

Archived