Best game you've been to for atmosphere

sage

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first match - March 1st 1975 against Spurs.

1-0 down after about 10 mins, roaring back to win 3-1. Lee, George, Rioch (scored), Hector (scored)

Around 30,000-odd at the BBG....what a team that was, and what an atmosphere. was almost as thogh going one down didn't matter a jot, the noise and confidence simply bubbled around the place.

Well i remember the Spurs game following year, Autumn 1976. Rioch played up front, and Toddy in midfield. Franny Lee had retired, but Charlie was still there. Rioch scored 4 goals I think , we won 8-2. They had Pat Jennings in goal , without him we would have scored about 20 in that match.

Actually are you sure about the facts ? Charlie George didnt sign until summer 1975 (first game Charity Shield at Wembley August 1975) so he couldnt have played in March 1975. How could you get this wrong? I mean its only 37 years ago.....

My first match - March 1st 1975 against Spurs.

1-0 down after about 10 mins, roaring back to win 3-1. Lee, George, Rioch (scored), Hector (scored)

Around 30,000-odd at the BBG....what a team that was, and what an atmosphere. was almost as thogh going one down didn't matter a jot, the noise and confidence simply bubbled around the place.

Davies, Rioch and Daniel were the Derby goalscorers, and the gate was a 2013 Pride Park-esque 22,995.

[url=http://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-tottenham-hotspur-01-march-1975-82893/]http://www.11v11.com...rch-1975-82893/

When Glasgow Rangers came to Pride Park for Ted McMin's Testimonial was a great atmosphere

I remember going to The Neptune at 8am on that bank holiday monday and the bouncers turned me away saying the pub was full of Rangers fans. When I asked what time they had got there I was told '6 o'clock...on Saturday evening' They sure had a good time! No wonder the atmosphere was good!

Pride Park: Semi-final 2nd leg v Southampton...easily the loudest i have heard at PP. Next was the Millwall cup game with only 7,000 odd fans in it but most of them were singing or chanting.

Baseball Ground: Match against the 'crazy gang' Wimbledon, i remember Lee Carsley flattening Vinnie Jones, great moment. Crystal Palace match where we secured automatic promotion. The final match at the BBG against Arsenal.

Absolutely right there rsmini, there were too many to mention individually but some of those nights make the hairs on the back of the neck stand up just thinking of them.

I was about 12 at the time and I just remember the noise was immense. What fantastic nights they were

Well i remember the Spurs game following year, Autumn 1976. Rioch played up front, and Toddy in midfield. Franny Lee had retired, but Charlie was still there. Rioch scored 4 goals I think , we won 8-2. They had Pat Jennings in goal , without him we would have scored about 20 in that match.

Actually are you sure about the facts ? Charlie George didnt sign until summer 1975 (first game Charity Shield at Wembley August 1975) so he couldnt have played in March 1975. How could you get this wrong? I mean its only 37 years ago.....

Courtesy of my new found toy,the scorers were Davies,Rioch and Daniel,with Chris Jones replying.Attendance 22,995.

Rams team:- Boulton,Todd,Nish,Daniel,Thomas,Rioch,Gemmill,Newton,Hinton,Davies,Hector (Powell sub for Todd)

Sorry,hadn't seen Eddie's post,but team is new info..

Best atmosphere for me has to be Derby v Real Madrid. Though the games against Juventus and Benfica were pretty special. I always remember the whole of the BBG chanting 'Derby, Derby' whilst stamping there feet as hard as possible in the wooden stands

What a racket 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />. My mum said she could hear it as clear anything in Littleover

Were a bit lucky in that game.Breitner had a great goal wrongly disallowed,and I'm not sure what the outcome would have been if that had stood (would I be right in thinking that would have put them 1-0 up?)

Were a bit lucky in that game.Breitner had a great goal wrongly disallowed,and I'm not sure what the outcome would have been if that had stood (would I be right in thinking that would have put them 1-0 up?)

I seem to recall it would have made it 3-2 at the time. Disallowed for offside at the Normanton end when he was at least 5 yards onside?

I seem to recall it would have made it 3-2 at the time. Disallowed for offside at the Normanton end when he was at least 5 yards onside?

Well at least I got the crucial decision right! I was in Normanton upper that night,so had clear view-he definitely ran from onside position.Wasn't it the Hurst 66 linesman?My memory's not what it was and something tells me they had an Argentine striker who's so famous I've forgotten his name!

Just seen the Madrid team and I was imagining the Argie striker.Can't remember Roberto Martinez from that game,but sure can remember Netzer.I love watching midfielders of his class.

[url=http://www.worldfootball.net/spielbericht/champions-league-1975-1976-achtelfinale-derby-county-real-madrid/]http://www.worldfootball.net/spielbericht/champions-league-1975-1976-achtelfinale-derby-county-real-madrid/

Well at least I got the crucial decision right! I was in Normanton upper that night,so had clear view-he definitely ran from onside position.Wasn't it the Hurst 66 linesman?My memory's not what it was and something tells me they had an Argentine striker who's so famous I've forgotten his name!

The '66 Russian Linesman was Tofiq Bahramov.

The '75 Russian Linesman was..... Tofiq Bahramov.

I just watched the video of both - definitely the same - unless there is a tradition in Khazakstan on giving identical twins the same name.

Incidentally, the officials were able to level things up in the second leg. The penalty which made it 4-1 to Real was an equally dreadful decision.

Derby boss Dave Mackay said "‘We were cheated by that penalty six minutes from victory. The referees are mostly so bad that you will always be cheated in Europe. Real were cheated at Derby, but the blow came for us so close to the finish."

Real boss Miljan Miljanic said: "It was certainly not a penalty, but that unfortunately is football."

So everyone agreed - poor officiating in both matches.

Can't believe we lost that lead.Argie striker's still bothering me-sure I saw him in a Euro game-blonde hair-wondering if it was the other Madrid.

Can't believe we lost that lead.Argie striker's still bothering me-sure I saw him in a Euro game-blonde hair-wondering if it was the other Madrid.

claudio caniggia?

That roberto martinez isnt THE Roberto Martinez

Ruben Ayala?

Archived