Derby County v Middlesbrough

Day

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OB, Freeman, Hendrick, Hughes and Jacobs all inexperienced. Some of them not in great form (our only striker being one of them). Ben Davies is scraping the barrel as far as being good enough goes.

It just doesn't inspire me. If we get the points today we'll have done very, very well.

You were saying?

2 of those players you have mentioned have been our best players today (Davies & Jacobs).

Very good result. Trouble is the games don't get any easier do they?

We play three more sides in the top half this month - although the way Forest are going under McLeish, that could soon change 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> - but yes, an encouraging win to keep us in and amongst the chasing pack for the play-off positions.

I feel pretty secure in our home form. We are a match for anyone and have deserved more than 7 wins from 13. But we really need to start getting it right away from home if we want to push on.

In a lot of ways, after today's result, a cup tie is probably the last thing we want.

a good win, the late goal was a bit of a let down.

freeman did well, he coped on his full debut. jacobs played very well up front. good to see hoganson make his competitive debut. OB looked fairly solid against some very good strikers.

i thought sammon had a poor game the only good thing he did was in the minute he scored.

hendrick had his best game. what a ******* strike that was 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

Just need more clean sheets!!!!

well done derby.

Wow.

Expected A LOT more from M'Boro today, how they're 3rd (before the game) I don't know.

But for us, cracking team performance, Jacobs looks classy as a ST, Ben Davies and Jeff Hendrick had their best games of the season, Will Hughes was fantastic again and I have to say, very impressed with OB!

Also, cheers for Freeman Forest! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

G'waaaan The Raaaaaaaams!

Good win, effort was top class, faded slightly in the last 20 minutes but the way they were going at it, it was hardly surprising.

Legzdins 7- Made a couple of decent saves, claimed some tough balls, commanded his box well. Kicking good.

Brayford 7 - Got forward well, and blocked the crosses, sometimes the final ball was missing.

Keogh 7 - Good.

O'Brien 7 - Came up against a good centre forward in Jutkiewicz, and handled him well for a majority of the match.

Freeman 7 - Steady player, apparently better suited at right back, but I though he played well given it was his first start.

Coutts 8 - Very lively in the first half, took on players and looked a real threat.

Hendrick 8 - Played well, and what a goal!

Hughes 7 - Composed as always, help create the third goal with a marvelous bit of skill, definitely didn't harm his value this match!

B.Davies 7 - Decent set pieces, went missing a bit in the game

Sammon 6 - Ran all game and chased everything, but should of had more than his one goal.

Jacobs 8 - Good goal, and was a creative spark throughout the game, put himself about a bit and got stuck in. Good performace

a good win, the late goal was a bit of a let down.

freeman did well, he coped on his full debut. jacobs played very well up front. good to see hoganson make his competitive debut. OB looked fairly solid against some very good strikers.

i thought sammon had a poor game the only good thing he did was in the minute he scored.

hendrick had his best game. what a ******* strike that was 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

Just need more clean sheets!!!!

well done derby.

Agree with all of this. Our midfield looked pure class, but Sammons touch let him down otherwise we should have been even more in control.

Jacobs looked quality too up front. Bavies unlucky not to score with two peaches of free kicks.

Very very happy start to New Year.

Archived