is this our year for promation

B4ev6is

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it's still mathematically possible, all we can do is hope. There have been signs to suggest we are getting close and so too that we are as far away as ever.

I think January will be a very telling month, not only because it'll be interesting to see how we deal with interest in the likes of Brayford and Hughes, but also because we play four promotion hopefuls - Middlesbrough and Forest at home and Brighton and Hull away.

It's a tough run. Those are the kind of games we are likely to use as a yardstick for our promotion credentials. The danger is we've just lost two on the trot and things can escalate quickly and before we know it, we could be 16th or 17th.

These are the moments you look to Clough and want him to show that he's learning lessons and that things have changed. A response on Saturday would be most welcome.

A run of two or three straight wins and we will be up there!

That's true, but then after the winning the games to get up there we then have to maintain playoff form to make it..

In fact from this moment in the season we practically need to go on automatic promotion form just to make the playoffs..

If we fail to pick up at least 9 points from the next 6 games it would practically end our chances altogether..

That's true, but then after the winning the games to get up there we then have to maintain playoff form to make it..

In fact from this moment in the season we practically need to go on automatic promotion form just to make the playoffs..

If we fail to pick up at least 9 points from the next 6 games it would practically end our chances altogether..

You're right about that. After the last two losses we really are in a position of needing points fast or it'll slip away quickly. As things stand that estimate our of chances of the playoffs is around 15% (11-2), and if we lose the next couple that'll be down to around 4% (55-2). As I've said before, it's hardly perfect, but with the correction it fits how other teams have done from this time of the year in the last decade probability wise, and ultimately should give an idea if nothing else.

So yeah, I honestly wouldn't be too excited about the chances of the playoffs, as before I wouldn't rule it out yet, but I think people need to remember to not get their hopes up.

You're right about that. After the last two losses we really are in a position of needing points fast or it'll slip away quickly. As things stand that estimate our of chances of the playoffs is around 15% (11-2), and if we lose the next couple that'll be down to around 4% (55-2). As I've said before, it's hardly perfect, but with the correction it fits how other teams have done from this time of the year in the last decade probability wise, and ultimately should give an idea if nothing else.

So yeah, I honestly wouldn't be too excited about the chances of the playoffs, as before I wouldn't rule it out yet, but I think people need to remember to not get their hopes up.

Hey Brains this is starting to look like a job for International Rescue.....but can they get here in time ?

we are proving to be quite inconsistent again. if we put 2/3 wins together or a 4/5game unbeaten run together we'll be about 6-8th.

think nigel needs to look at himself as well as the players. I'm not sure starting 4-5-1 is a good idea and ill be surprised if he does the same vs charlton. Maybe fall back to it later on if we look like we need to try and close a close game out.

we are proving to be quite inconsistent again. if we put 2/3 wins together or a 4/5game unbeaten run together we'll be about 6-8th.

think nigel needs to look at himself as well as the players. I'm not sure starting 4-5-1 is a good idea and ill be surprised if he does the same vs charlton. Maybe fall back to it later on if we look like we need to try and close a close game out.

Close a game out?.......we have to take the lead first.

It's easily possible to rack up 3 wins on the trot and be within a point or so of the top 6.. But what we then need to do is maintain a high amount of points (11 from every 6 games for example) to make it..

Anyone can take heart from Readings performance last season but for the past 3 or 4 months of the season they went beyond good form..

They went beyond playoff form, beyond automatic form, they were on record breaking 100 points plus form for the past 4 months winning something like 5 of every 6 games..

Hey Brains this is starting to look like a job for International Rescue.....but can they get here in time ?

RIP Gerry Anderson

The news was announced on his son Jamie Anderson's website. He wrote: "I'm very sad to announce the death of my father, Thunderbirds creator, Gerry Anderson. He died peacefully in his sleep at midday today (26th December 2013), having suffered with mixed dementia for the past few years. He was 83."

hey did anyone hear me on radio derby about 6pm urgering derby fans rise once more, against this derby county board that are being to tight with the cash to force them into the pockets, and when they asked me what player i would bring in, i said royal deplap who is suppoused to be quitting stoke this month.

hey did anyone hear me on radio derby about 6pm urgering derby fans rise once more, against this derby county board that are being to tight with the cash to force them into the pockets, and when they asked me what player i would bring in, i said royal deplap who is suppoused to be quitting stoke this month.

i hope you said Rory Delap mate.

Must have just missed you B4, I've usually got RD on when I'm pottering in me kitchen, hope you gave em hell. Happy New Year by the way

Derry (35), Higginbotham (34), Delap (36)

3 Names mentioned on here recently, what's with wanting past it Premiership players that will get a free bus pass soon?

I'm 30 now and I'm at the age where I don't want to see us sign players older than myself, you can get experience from 26-28 year olds, we don't need old farts looking to top up their pension.

Archived