is this our year for promation

B4ev6is

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many clubs in the Prem are making more than their board have put in?

They earn the money from the tv rights, sponsorship etc....all of them. The majority of them boards just over spend the money which they clearly don't have, on stupid wages and transfers fees

They earn the money from the tv rights, sponsorship etc....all of them. The majority of them boards just over spend the money which they clearly don't have, on stupid wages and transfers fees

So, the majority of them are losing money then.

Do you know how much Bolton owe after trying to stay in the Prem?

Just to bring it back to point, we're not getting promotion, not this year and if somehow we did, we could end up going back down in similar to 07/08 fashion. I think two years is when we would be ready to have a real run at it as long as we hold onto a few of our current players (I dont expext to hold onto Hughes for 2 years) but if we do lose him, I would hope we get a decent sum of money to replace him and rebuild thoughtfully.

Bris just sees facts and numbers, possession and statistics, streams and PC screens, it's his loss, I go and watch The Rams and see my mates, and have a beer, and laugh and chant and cheer and abuse the opposing fans, I've even shed a tear or 2 in the past.

So what if his statistics are sometimes correct, as far as I've grasped this is a forum for diehard Derby fans to discuss the emotions of being a fan and all the excitement that brings, not a forum to rip our team apart every day judged on statistics alone and just to provoke other fans of the same club.

Supporting Derby is about emotion Bris you b###end, and actually being there, so take your boring wind up attitude elsewhere, shut your laptop up and go find some real life, some real emotion...... jerking off when you get a rise out of people on a forum doesn't count!

Up the Rams!

Why do you even bother participating on this forum?

Don't you think we all post with emotion? Giving different views?

You seem to have a problem accepting that othe peoples opinions might be different to yours.. Strange given that you're on an open fans forum where opinion is obviously going to be divided on certain topics

If you spent the money wisely you'd still be in a better financial position

....and,of course,you'd be correct.Although Blackpool only stayed up 1 year,they came back down in a far stronger financial position,with generous chute payments to follow.Hull is an interesting case study,as they came down in a mess.If they'd only had chute payments similar to ours,I think they would have been sunk,but they weathered the storm and have come back strongly.

Because Norwich and Swansea spent relatively little,they too would have been financially stronger if they'd come straight down.Having survived for at least another season,I would imagine they're in great shape.If we were to go up now,however,I don't think we'd get away with such modest spending,as our base isn't quite strong enough.

As far as the established Prem sides go,that are perennial relegation fighters and previously spent big to try and maintain their status,I detect shifting sands.The various bank crises,resulting from injudicious lending,appear to have resulted in a lack of enthusiasm to lend to football clubs (apart,maybe,from the really big ones).If the amount of credit available is restricted,banks will likely be a bit more picky about who they lend to.I don't see lesser light football clubs as outstanding candidates.The upshot of this could well be that the 'Bolton equivalents' may well be seeing their financial positions modestly improving,rather than deteriorating badly.The big tv cash increases in the pipeline will no doubt help,if the players don't get all of it.

In our Prem season,we made a cash surplus of £14m on operations (receipts from new loans/repayment of old loans don't count in this figure,as they belong to the capital side of things).Thus the summer 07 spending was less than the surplus that would eventually materialise.Our tv income was £32m;when Blackpool came down this had risen by £8m.This means that if we had gone up in Blackpool's season,and kept our overheads at the same levels,we could have spent £8m more than we spent in summer 07 fairly safely.

I don't think it would be true to say that our owners don't have the financial clout to keep us in the Prem,simply because I don't think they would particularly need to inject more capital (because of my last paragraph).They would,however, face the same problems encountered by every promoted club (including the LOG administration) in that the vast riches don't land at the right time of the season.The solution is to borrow (or lend their own money) and recoup same when the goodies finally arrive.

Because of ever increasing sales of overseas rights,the 'Blackpool ' situation has probably even now been surpassed,with even greater riches round the corner.I notice my modest,basic Sky sub is set to increase in Feb -when times are hard for subscribers,I can see this whole thing collapsing (hurrah).Sky need the rights,but also need to pay for them. Will subscribers cough up in challenging times,financially?

You seem to have a problem accepting that othe peoples opinions might be different to yours.. Strange given that you're on an open fans forum where opinion is obviously going to be divided on certain topics

Must say I'd have to agree with you there.I was (and am) as passionate about the Rams as the next man when I went against the (huge) tide on the DET a few years ago.Not to say that I agree with you though,Bris,but I respect everyone's right to contribute.I would say that our defence isn't strong enough to compete in the top 6 yet though.Far too many basic errors.

If you spent the money wisely you'd still be in a better financial position

Yes, but you'd also be in league 1

It's been 4 years since we were in the Prem, we're still way off Prem standard and still in debt.

If we did go up we'd have to spend around 50 million to compete, and commit to 4 years worth of monstrous wages, and when we come down again we'd be in even more debt.

Why would they want that when as it stands they've got a nice little turnover?

As we are on an open forum I would like to state I agree with pmc 100%. You tear down nearly all the time. I don't like people tearing down my team. Never have, never will.

Yes, but you'd also be in league 1

It's been 4 years since we were in the Prem, we're still way off Prem standard and still in debt.

If we did go up we'd have to spend around 50 million to compete, and commit to 4 years worth of monstrous wages, and when we come down again we'd be in even more debt.

Why would they want that when as it stands they've got a nice little turnover?

Are you sure about that? The last accounts indicated they had to put 7M in and I think other amounts have been required previously, I think it is pretty clear that they are not making money currently.

Are you sure about that? The last accounts indicated they had to put 7M in and I think other amounts have been required previously, I think it is pretty clear that they are not making money currently.

Are you talking about GSE or the investors?

If you can't accept different opinions then you really shouldn't be posting on an internet forum

If all you can do is bitch about a topic, you shouldn't really post on an internet forum for enthusiasts on that topic.

Archived