Will Hughes

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 million.

We got more than that for Seth Johnson. £7 million plus £250,000 every 10 games or something. Just thought I would mention that today as I know how much Leeds fans rated Sethlad. He wasnt as bad a player as Leeds fans think, but he was never in the class of Will Hughes.

So £7 million would be way too low IMO for Hughes.

He's been linked with Fulham now. Apparently their main target for January. I think the £4 million being estimated is a bit low considering all the interest he has. It would be nice if we could hold out for that £10 million or so that Walcott, Bale and The Ox went for.

[url=http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/transfer-talk/news/fulham-to-rival-arsenal-for-hughes_57699.html]http://www.sportsmol...ghes_57699.html

Have the owners and Nigel got the bottle to reject offers though ?

I hope he does want too stay. I hope his not forced out for money and will we actually see the money go towards the team if he does go ?

I'm sure he wouldn't like the idea of playing in the reserves at Arsenal. Isn't he a Liverpool fan? He might get a game there. After all Joe Allen plays for them.

Will Hughes is our ticket out of this league if we play our cards right (the Yanks must be thanking their lucky stars) - its the only way Nigel could potentially have several million net to spend. Its a shame that Derby can no longer look to keep players of his ability but I appreciate any time watching him play and it'll be nice to follow his career knowing his roots. I think we should be talking in the realm of "massive money" bearing in mind that its not every day we have Barcelona scouts grace PP. We've bought **** like Earnshaw and Miller for £3M so anything around those sorts of figures I'll be pretty angry with the board to say the least. Lets put a ridiculous price tag on him and see who is serious shall we?

I echo Private as well, we need him for another year, I honestly believe his value is going up by the week as people see its not just potential, hes our best player and he is 17...

Tell me I am living in dream land i you want but after todays performance Will is worth at least £10 million. I have never seen a 17yr old read the game produce passes like he does. One pass late on he sent over to Brayford was stunning. How he knew he was there I do not know.

He is a top class quality player and he is very happy at Derby. I just hope he stays another year or so

and for all that wonderful passing my favourite moment was when he sprinted back and took the ball off a dirty with a perfectly timed wrap around slide tackle that won the ball so cleanly I don't think the dirty knew he had been tackled.

I agree with others above if we can keep him here for next season, maybe there is an outside chance he could help us reach the Prem and then stay with us instead?!

and for all that wonderful passing my favourite moment was when he sprinted back and took the ball off a dirty with a perfectly timed wrap around slide tackle that won the ball so cleanly I don't think the dirty knew he had been tackled.

I stood up, cheered and applauded that was absolutely fantastic.

People say sell him and use the money to reinvest into the club...

Lets be realistic we will sell him for no more than 6 million. Half of that will go on other stuff that the board need leaving 3 million tops in the transfer window. Not enough to get out the league. Clubs like leicester prove that.

Archived