If I bought derby

observer

If I had 60 million, I'd invest it in cloning and produce a few million Coutts. Then I'd purchase the same amount of typewriters and give one to each Coutt. Surely one one of the Coutts could produce something slightly creative. I'm not looking for the complete works of Shakespeare, just the odd sentence with a little originality.

Or I could give Bris 30 million if he admitted that he might have been 100% correct on Coutts. I'd double it he says that maybe we didn't go totally negative last year away at Peteborough.

Actually, the former sound more realistic.

And I don't want him to sack Nigel if he got the cash. Football has changed so much that things like loyalty and tradition have almost disappeared from the player/staff side of the game. I love that Nigel is Derby. Whilst foreign players are way better than most English players, I love someone like Buxton is at the club. The fact we are improving slowly but surely means things are going right somewhere. Might not be enough for some people who get seduced by Premiership glory and riches, but it's the way things used to be done.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's one good thing more than England I suppose

And comparing Mexico, my beautiful country to that hole of a place called Nottingham just hurts man.. Did you have to cut me that deep?

I have never been, but base my facts on that documentary "from dusk to dawn".

I did forget the vampires though, don't think Nottingham has them

Just the opposite for me....I'd put young lads like Hughes in the team and sign defenders like Keogh.....but thats just me!

That sort of thing won't get you anywhere........

You need to arrive by helicopter, nick peoples pension plans, trouser some cash by making illegal payments to yourself, or fall off a yacht.....or you can't go about pleasing the fans.

Good grief.

For starters, I'd build a proper boozer with a traditional chippy right next to it - and give free scraps. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Ahhh Lady Ram now you are talking my language. That chippy next to BBG in 70s even did spam fritters... with curry sauce and SCRAPS for 25p.

If I had 60 million, I'd invest it in cloning and produce a few million Coutts. Then I'd purchase the same amount of typewriters and give one to each Coutt. Surely one one of the Coutts could produce something slightly creative. I'm not looking for the complete works of Shakespeare, just the odd sentence with a little originality.

Love it .. genius ..

oh and yeah the BBG chippy was epic ..

If I had 60 million quid I wouldn't buy any football team.

As for Derby, I would make sure that Nigel has enough cash not to have to sell Hughes to anyone. He is building a decent team and I would allow him to keep the players he wants.

Re the PP. I would install some insanitary toilet facilities on the way in, rip out all the seats down one side to a depth of about 40 feet and put a few crash barriers in place. I would call it "the Pop side" and charge a max of £6 per ticket per game to stand there and sway with the crowds who would flock back. (£6 = the early 70s pop side fee given an inflation factor of 20 times in 40 years.

A decent chippy and a pub with the atmosphere and name of "The Baseball Hotel" both owned by me and run at break even.

I'd change the name of the ground. Pride Park is such a naff name, it's unreal.

I'd knock down the South Stand and instead build a much steeper stand that's closer to the goal-line and I'd have the SE corner standing their instead.

I would either completely rid us of shirt sponsorship or do what Celtic have done and have just a little sponsor out of the way just underneath the badge.

No black and white kits; white shirts, navy shorts, white socks and red numbers on the back.

I'd make b4 our press officer.

I'd give Nigel only £10m to spend; that's enough for us not to be held for ransom on transfers and ending up with players who think they're worth more than they are, like Leicester.

Nigel also seems to believe that scouting abroad is a waste of money on limited resources, but I'd make sure he had the resources so this wouldn't be a problem. Essentially, enough money to be comfortable but not enough to go silly and mental.

I'd also have electrified seats which would give out a small electric shock to anyone who's been silent for more than 5 minutes.

hehehehe. I love spam fritters....and curry sauce....and scraps! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Theres a chippy in Uttoxeter that still does spam fritters, curry sauce and scraps... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'd sack NC and bring in a foreign coach..

I would tell every scout not to bother looking in England as the quality is rubbish

I'd build acadamies in Spain, Mexico, Costa Rica and Colombia..

I'd use these acadamies to form seperare affiliated clubs that all are linked together playing the same type of football and similar training schedules and routines and select the best youth players in the area..

If England and Derby are so *****, why do you bother?

Cause you miss us and Blighty,

Archived