What if.....

DCFCfranco

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe I saw Mick McCarthy's name mentioned 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Behave boys.

How are your necks, looking up at us?

How does it feel knowing your players can only get motivated for 2 games a season, seeing us fight for promotion whilst you're looking over your shoulder at the relegation places?

Everytime I want Clough gone, all I need to do is remind myself that what we'd be left with instead, and then I either lose the will to live or accept what we are for a dozen games.

I'd rather have someone I'd never heard of, so during our honeymoon period I can have the optimism that they might turn out to be good, rather than someone who I know will be sacked before my next shave.

I'd probably go for Robbie Savage. That appointment would be so disastrously horrendous, it would probably work.

Failing that, I'd take Paul Jewell again, let him take us down to League One, and then get a new manager and do the momentum thing that Norwich, Southampton, Swansea have done.

My goodness me, this is depressing.

Can't believe I saw Mick McCarthy's name mentioned 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Behave boys.

How does it feel knowing your players can only get motivated for 2 games a season, seeing us fight for promotion whilst you're looking over your shoulder at the relegation places?

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Nottingham Forest - 21pts

Derby County - 17pts

and you come out with that, my god, in a months time we could be 6 points clear of you. Why don't you wait till the end of the season at least? kudos though, just to think the difference between promotion and relegation this season will be 4 points... tighter than a nuns chuff 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

To be honest there is no point in discussing 'what if' - the board have no intention of getting rid of Clough. In fact, I would bet that he would still have a job if he took us down to League One. This is it for the next few years folks - mediocre mid-table championship football played by a team of very average players under a very average manager. That is why we've lost 6,000 off our home attendances this season - a lot of us can see what the future looks like for the next few years and can't be arsed with it.

Behave boys.

This is the same McCarthy who told you to piss off?

To be honest there is no point in discussing 'what if' - the board have no intention of getting rid of Clough. In fact, I would bet that he would still have a job if he took us down to League One. This is it for the next few years folks - mediocre mid-table championship football played by a team of very average players under a very average manager. That is why we've lost 6,000 off our home attendances this season - a lot of us can see what the future looks like for the next few years and can't be arsed with it.

Out of interest what would you do?

Serious question - I sometimes wonder how people think with regards to Derby in our current situation, I'd go with the option people over-think it. We're working on a lot smaller budget than a lot of other football clubs at this level, but how do you go about changing that? what is best for the football club, as you say fans are leaving in the numbers - would sacking Clough change that for the better or worse? for instance, I personally would definitely not attend if Clough was sacked and replaced with someone like Paul Ince. I do, however, think people like yourself indifferent to Clough see people like McCarthy out of work and think, straight swap - it's just not the case, and as I said over-thinking our position and ill-judged thoughts i.e. delusional thoughts are the reason that so many people moan.

Josu Uribe

And I'd tell him to bring the likes of Ion Velez, Benja, Garmendia and Marcos Tebar with him..

But that's just me..

If it has to be British, Glenn Hoddle wouldn't be a bad choice given his footblling ways and scouting network abroad.. Keith Hill perhaps?

there are no limits bris.

id love a manager from spain. may get us some players with flair.

there are no limits bris.

id love a manager from spain. may get us some players with flair.

A foreign manager with no idea of what this division about, with a group of soley british players?

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

My guess is that it would end up in an absolute train wreck!

Keith Hill is the only realistic name I've seen so far which would give me any hope.

And what has he done that Clough hasn't at this level? working on similar budgets, we're perhaps better placed and can spend a little bit more but nothing that would make huge differences.

I think the conclusion is, we would struggle to find better and the whole process is more likely to cripple our development rather than speed it up!

Archived