What if.....

DCFCfranco

This isn't a wrist slasher thread or anything but,

what if at the end of the season we finish mid table or towards the bottom and clough walks or gets sacked. who would you have to replace him a lower league manager? Mick McCarthy, Gary Rowett, Pesch, or maybe someone unproven Metgod?

just thought i'd mention this because people have been saying he's not good enough or whatever.

just a thought, it's quite hard there's not many good unemployed managers out there.

Dyche did alright at Watford, but i wouldn't have him, can't stand his voice it's like AVB.

wouldn't mind pep though 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

thoughts?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would plump for a good young up and coming no nonsense English manager.

Someone who has a proven track record in the lower leagues.

Someone who can find a few bargain basement players and mould them into Championship players.

Someone who is loyal, a very rare if not non-existent quality in the modern game.

Clough is the right man for the job and to speculate on his successor is quite pointless. Our management is in place for the next 10 years. Now we just have to play a waiting game until those around us realise that our stringent policy is the only sustainable way forward at which time we'll be ahead of the game.

I'd say George Burley. We had good football and it was really enjoyable.

Whether he could do it again or not though.... pure fantasy?

Roberto Martinez would deffo be too fantasy so I can't say him? Even though he's at Wigan.

Di Canio has some qualities but he's a walking, talking dynamite.

I'm still happy with Nige. He infuriates but I just like the bloke. Feels right.

If he was sacked.....Alex Mcleish? The most negative football manager ever! Trying to defend 1-0 defeats. There'd be as much fuss getting Clough back in charge as last time.

Until he's got a job, I don't want a vacancy at Derby.

We would have to be realistic with a new management change, unless there is a complete change of ideology within the club.

How many people think Mick Mac will be licking his lips at a job where there is nothing to spend, and constant wage restructuring. He would be used to paying reserve players more than we pay our first team players - not a good fit. Unless, as I mentioned there is a complete change of ideology within the club and we make funds available to work with. I would imagine someone like Mick Mac would also want a restructure of the whole side again, and quickly - we just can't do that!

This may happen, and this is what I would pin my hopes on if the situation does happen.

Sean Dyche would of been my choice out-right in our current predicament - he has been given the Burnley job and I have no doubts he will do a good job there.

I would try an audacious try for Chris Powell, don't know how realistic it may be but Charlton are currently not flush with cash and he is doing well within his means. I also like what Keith Hill is trying to do with Barnsley, perhaps a better platform to do it here than there I don't know.

I also used to like Alan Irvine who hit a bad run, and went back into coaching - another gamble I wouldn't mind us taking!

Unfortunately the choices aren't exactly inspiring nor endless - I would suspect that if we was to go for a new manager we would perhaps end up with Darren Ferguson (a hunch) or someone like Paul Ince, who is someone the americans previously went after for the job!

Billy Davies, no question.

Oh yeah cus he loves working to tight budgets. We're only just about done with sorting out the **** he left us in when he orchastrated his own dismissle. If that little **** went within farting distance of the home dugout again I'd go and support the Gumps!!!

Oh yeah cus he loves working to tight budgets. We're only just about done with sorting out the **** he left us in when he orchastrated his own dismissle. If that little **** went within farting distance of the home dugout again I'd go and support the Gumps!!!

He gets the best out of ****/average players. He turned Leacock into Ferdinand during our season - can't question his record consistently has his teams in the top 6.

He gets the best out of ****/average players. He turned Leacock into Ferdinand during our season - can't question his record consistently has his teams in the top 6.

That maybe the case but he also likes a shed load of cash to waste on the likes of Fagan, Macken, Pearson, Filhabeur, Earnshaw Eddie F**kin Lewis & Calamity Claude...

Don't know if I'd go as far as to type I'd support the Gumps like, but I get your drift.

I'm still following football because it's just something I've always done but my patience (with the game in general, not Nige, not Derby) is being stretched to it's limit lately so if that wee $hite is invited back that'll just about put the tin hat on football as a whole for me. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

As long it's someone iconic

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Our new CEO is the man that got Jorden Henderson that incredible move - so I wouldn't rule it out! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Archived