What if.....

DCFCfranco

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your a Forest fan so no you know nothing of football and if you actually knew anything about how some Derby fans felt about Clough since his appointment to the club then you would know a thread asking about who should replace him if he was to be sacked or walked is nothing new. Indeed we do seem to get motivated for our little matches, the last 3 in particular and it hurts you badly don't it? Its okay to be hurting but really this is not a healthy way of coping 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

And you really need to learn how to use the quote function properly as the way your doing it is just silly 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Yes, I'm devastated that we're 4 points ahead of you, with you lot calling for Clough's head, whilst we're winning 4-1 away from home and not even playing that greatly 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Yes, I'm devastated that we're 4 points ahead of you, with you lot calling for Clough's head, whilst we're winning 4-1 away from home and not even playing that greatly 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

As you should be 4 points isn't insurmountable 33 matches left and 99 points so if we were talking about this with only 1 match remaining you would have a point, as of now you don't and the majority of the Derby lot are not calling for Clough's head no matter how noisy a minority of them get they are just that...a minority.

How far are we into the clubs 5 year long term plan? About 4? You have to ask what exactly has changed in that time, except the names on the team sheet and the wage bill being cut. Do we have any optimism for reaching the play off's in the next 12 months?

No one is calling for his head, not like your monkeys were when we dumped you in your pig sty again...

4 points clear of a train wreck, sideways thinking football club....be proud gimp, be very proud.

By the way, did you know Wembley is all seater now?

How far are we into the clubs 5 year long term plan? About 4? You have to ask what exactly has changed in that time, except the names on the team sheet and the wage bill being cut. Do we have any optimism for reaching the play off's in the next 12 months?

No. But seeing the names on here as to who would replace NC of he left doesn't exactly fill me with optimism for the future either.

Out of all of them the only one I think could make a significant difference with the current crop of players is Billy Davies, and I'm so bored of watching Derby at the moment I might actually not be too peed off by it.

No one is calling for his head, not like your monkeys were when we dumped you in your pig sty again...

4 points clear of a train wreck, sideways thinking football club....be proud gimp, be very proud.

By the way, did you know Wembley is all seater now?

Wonderful post.

Nffc1, click on "Let's Talk Al-Notts Rovers" and read the first pages.

Remind me what you were saying when Brolly Man took charge. You boys were on the up then. How'd that work out?

Of course we won our cup final at the City Ground. It meant little to you. Just another game. I could tell by your faces after we beat you (again) that you weren't hurt. No. Not gutted at all.

Forest fans eh, the arrogance of Brian Clough but none of the charm or ability to back it up. Good luck with world domination.

No. But seeing the names on here as to who would replace NC of he left doesn't exactly fill me with optimism for the future either.

Out of all of them the only one I think could make a significant difference with the current crop of players is Billy Davies, and I'm so bored of watching Derby at the moment I might actually not be too peed off by it.

But who is talking about the current crop of players? If we brought in a new manager I'd fully hope and expect him to ship out the players as they're not good enough to take us to the next level nor IMO are they good enough to play the sort of football I'd want them to..

Also (not aimed at you) why is appointing a foreign manager a no-no and unrealistic.. Similar clubs in our position or worse have appointed foreign managers such as Di Canio (Swindon), Poyet (Brighton), Zola (Watford), Solbakken (Wolves), Boskamp (Stoke), Uwe Rosler (Brentford), Di Matteo (WBA), Martinez (Swansea)..

Granted the majority of these have played in England but it isn't too far-fetched to appoint another manager from abroad.. Many foreign players that have played in England have started coaching at certain clubs and could be tempted by a managerial position..

Francesco Baiano for example is a coach who has recently left his position of assistant manager at Palermo..

To be honest there is no point in discussing 'what if' - the board have no intention of getting rid of Clough. In fact, I would bet that he would still have a job if he took us down to League One. This is it for the next few years folks - mediocre mid-table championship football played by a team of very average players under a very average manager. That is why we've lost 6,000 off our home attendances this season - a lot of us can see what the future looks like for the next few years and can't be arsed with it.

The only way Clough would be sacked was if some manager told the CEO that he would do it for

less money.

But who is talking about the current crop of players? If we brought in a new manager I'd fully hope and expect him to ship out the players as they're not good enough to take us to the next level nor IMO are they good enough to play the sort of football I'd want them to..

Also (not aimed at you) why is appointing a foreign manager a no-no and unrealistic.. Similar clubs in our position or worse have appointed foreign managers such as Di Canio (Swindon), Poyet (Brighton), Zola (Watford), Solbakken (Wolves), Boskamp (Stoke), Uwe Rosler (Brentford), Di Matteo (WBA), Martinez (Swansea)..

Granted the majority of these have played in England but it isn't too far-fetched to appoint another manager from abroad.. Many foreign players that have played in England have started coaching at certain clubs and could be tempted by a managerial position..

Francesco Baiano for example is a coach who has recently left his position of assistant manager at Palermo..

I only suggested the current crop of players because unless there is a change of ownership, history suggests there simply won't be the sort of investment that would fund an overhaul, and even if there was it would be drip fed over several years, similar to what we have had in the last four. I don't know what the owners feel about a foreign manager. Personally I wouldn't care where he came from as long as he upped the excitement and gave us a realistic chance of promotion. Despite being the wrong side of 40, Baiano remains one of my favourite all time Rams' players, so you've got me a bit misty-eyed there!

Should we go up, regardless of who is in charge, I hope the owners would sell as nothing we have seen from them so far suggest they would suddenly sanction a spending spree necessary to keep us up, especially as their fingers were so badly burned by Jewel. And I really don't want to get lower than 11 points!

Archived